147 replies to this topic

#101 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

will the anchor still deploy fighters/bombers?

Yep. 14 as usual. I'd recommend full fighters now though, since MACs and Archers tear through ships.
  • David0425 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#102 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, no, the balancing process is pretty chaotic. It is by no means graceful or efficient.

That aside, what the hell are you talking about?

Anchor stations are VERY expensive, but give great returns for their cost and build times. They're a very "prepare or get fucked" type of defense, if they aren't maxed out they aren't getting the most use out of themselves. Unless, of course, they're at the back of your empire, when at that case they should only be for trade.

as to the "plot device class supercarrier i have no clue...
i could have sworn i had typed "plot device-Class Supercarrier"

as to the Plasma torps, in the book "Halo: the Flood" Keyes makes a comment about how the Covenant Cruisers hadn't launched Plasma torps and how just one would have left the Autumn a piece of molten Slag....

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#103 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

i could have sworn i had typed "Plot Device-Class Supercarrier"

as to the Plasma torps, in the book "Halo: the Flood" Keyes makes a comment about how the Covenant Cruisers hadn't launched Plasma torps and how just one would have left the Autumn a piece of molten Slag....

hey, Unikraken, why does it keep saying "Plot Device-Class Supercarrier"

instead of P L O T D E V I C E -Class Supercarrier?

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

#104 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

hey, Unikraken, why does it keep saying "Plot Device-Class Supercarrier"

instead of C S O -Class Supercarrier?

You shall be put in the stocks and fed the fecal matter of unikraken.

HERETIC! HERETIC! HERETIC!

• Unikraken, MrChipps and Whitehalomango like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#105 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Those three letters are a dirty word around here boy. Why? Because every Tom Dick and Harry suggests the Mod team uses that godforsaken ship as the Covenant titan and every single time they are put down, for reasons to bloody numerous to list. Apparently it doesn't matter how high up on the FAQ it is, how obvious you make it, or how many times you say it, the phrase 'nope, not happening, ever' doesn't quite stick. As to why it's censored? Either because people are sick of seeing those three letters strung together on this forum or because IT WAS WAS JUST A GODDAMN COP-OUT WAY TO KILL THAT BAMF JORGE.
  • sloosecannon, Defender0, MrChipps and 3 others like this

#106 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

i could have sworn i had typed "Plot Device-Class Supercarrier"

I'm aware but that has nothing to do with what you said... We're talking about gameplay.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#107 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Those three letters are a dirty word around here boy. Why? Because every Tom Dick and Harry suggests the Mod team uses that godforsaken ship as the Covenant titan and every single time they are put down, for reasons to bloody numerous to list. Apparently it doesn't matter how high up on the FAQ it is, how obvious you make it, or how many times you say it, the phrase 'nope, not happening, ever' doesn't quite stick. As to why it's censored? Either because people are sick of seeing those three letters strung together on this forum or because IT WAS WAS JUST A GODDAMN COP-OUT WAY TO KILL THAT BAMF JORGE.

ah.... thanks...

And, SPECTRE... I am a UNSC player... last thing I need is to see something that can out MASS and OUT GUN most of my fleet... not to mention the support ships... 

#108 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

I'm aware but that has nothing to do with what you said... We're talking about gameplay.

I was trying to point out how things were balanced but I think I stepped into slipspace rupture

• Crisiss likes this

#109 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

"...and the single most expensive piece of equipment made by man?" I don't think FLEETCOM or HIGHCOM are going to fund that expedenture. If we were going to go for destruction on that scale I'd assume we would just use NOVA bombs.

Maybe make the Slipspace bomb research extremely expensive and on top of that you have to sacrifice a Destroyer or a halcyon instead of a frigate because there won't be a way to get a frigate close enough to a Covie ship like that with out taking out several of your own ships,,,,

#110 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Maybe make the Slipspace bomb research extremely expensive and on top of that you have to sacrifice a Destroyer or a halcyon instead of a frigate because there won't be a way to get a frigate close enough to a Covie ship like that with out taking out several of your own ships,,,,

This isn't something I'm interested in implementing. Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not really up our alley.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#111 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

yes yes yes yes yes. I like the "skill points for all" thing. Nothing pisses me off more than having to choose between hangars or construction capabilities. I like the ideas presented here and think they would fit nicely. How powerful do you plan on making the onagers? Are we talking Ivanoff station tier (where if you got outside of the map and took control of one, it took 5 fucking shots to kill a phantom) or Halo: Reach tier where you can kill unshielded CSS cruisers and phantoms in one shot? Would an EMP ability be viable? I like watching ships float around defenseless.

maybe just have an increase in price by, say, 10% after every upgrade... and i mean after you upgrade say weapons so Hangars increase by 10%

#112 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

maybe just have an increase in price by, say, 10% after every upgrade... and i mean after you upgrade say weapons so Hangars increase by 10%

The changes have been made and are final. We like where it is right now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#113 Wilhelm König

Wilhelm König

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Looking forward to see how they perform.

#114 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Looking forward to see how they perform.

I think you'll be happy, unless you're on the receiving end of it. Even with all of it's modules, there are no lubricant upgrades.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#115 Wilhelm König

Wilhelm König

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

I think you'll be happy, unless you're on the receiving end of it. Even with all of it's modules, there are no lubricant upgrades.

Sounds promising, but i will keep my expectations low, so they can surprise me.

#116 Spartan4845

Spartan4845

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

Can't wait for the added defense with these.

#117 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/kodasa_sinclair/
  • LocationA magical place with magical charms.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

I guess I am kind of necroing this thread. Hate all you will but I recently picked up the update to this mod (after a LONG break not only from SoTP but also from SoaSE altogether.) So I don't know how recent the updates were. I would like to provide a little bit of feedback however, as well as a couple of suggestions.

First off: I don't know if you guys simply missed it during the coding, or if it was done intentionally, but the "one anchor station" per gravity well can be circumvented. I was playing this game co-op with a friend, and we could each build an anchor station in the same gravity well, and they both functioned. We placed two anchor stations down in a choke point system, and I have to say... They were close enough to repair each other, they had full upgrades and a full compliment of S.A.B.R.E fighters. NOTHING could get through. We had it ramped up to like 4 Cov AI set to Hard, all sending fleets at us at once.

Also not sure if it was intentional but the Anchor station with full hull upgrades + All hull research has well over 100,000 hull. I think we can rule shields as out of the question. Especially when all on its own, it can repair itself so quickly that it can decimate a covenant fleet and repair itself to full health before the next one arrives in system.

Currently your Anchor stations are the only viable way to stonewall the flood, my friend and I did test with the flood on as well, and we found everything bar anchor stations just died to them, so quickly.

Now onto the suggestion front. The shiva warheads... Do not get me wrong, I love those things. But I'll be damned if they aren't the most OP thing on the anchor station. I know they're expensive and all that but the UNSC has an economy comparable to the TEC so funds isn't exactly a huge issue. The thing is, the AI likes to group its ships up when attacking, and a single shiva warhead into the center of the group, drops that EMP effect and heavy damage, onto all the ships. The MACs and Archers then rip them apart. This station can take down Redemption class (Covenant super heavy) without even batting an eyelid...

This isn't to suggest that the stations are over-powered, they're certainly very powerful though. That said, the UNSC seems rather well built up at the moment, I can't wait to see what happens when you start building up the covenant.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#118 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

Sins always supported 1 starbase per faction per grav well, so theoretically you could have up to like 8 starbases in one grav well.

Also yes Nukes are OP in the current release this is known, as is the underdeveloped state of the Covenant.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#119 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

I guess I am kind of necroing this thread. Hate all you will but I recently picked up the update to this mod (after a LONG break not only from SoTP but also from SoaSE altogether.) So I don't know how recent the updates were. I would like to provide a little bit of feedback however, as well as a couple of suggestions.

First off: I don't know if you guys simply missed it during the coding, or if it was done intentionally, but the "one anchor station" per gravity well can be circumvented. I was playing this game co-op with a friend, and we could each build an anchor station in the same gravity well, and they both functioned. We placed two anchor stations down in a choke point system, and I have to say... They were close enough to repair each other, they had full upgrades and a full compliment of S.A.B.R.E fighters. NOTHING could get through. We had it ramped up to like 4 Cov AI set to Hard, all sending fleets at us at once.

Also not sure if it was intentional but the Anchor station with full hull upgrades + All hull research has well over 100,000 hull. I think we can rule shields as out of the question. Especially when all on its own, it can repair itself so quickly that it can decimate a covenant fleet and repair itself to full health before the next one arrives in system.

Currently your Anchor stations are the only viable way to stonewall the flood, my friend and I did test with the flood on as well, and we found everything bar anchor stations just died to them, so quickly.

Now onto the suggestion front. The shiva warheads... Do not get me wrong, I love those things. But I'll be damned if they aren't the most OP thing on the anchor station. I know they're expensive and all that but the UNSC has an economy comparable to the TEC so funds isn't exactly a huge issue. The thing is, the AI likes to group its ships up when attacking, and a single shiva warhead into the center of the group, drops that EMP effect and heavy damage, onto all the ships. The MACs and Archers then rip them apart. This station can take down Redemption class (Covenant super heavy) without even batting an eyelid...

This isn't to suggest that the stations are over-powered, they're certainly very powerful though. That said, the UNSC seems rather well built up at the moment, I can't wait to see what happens when you start building up the covenant.

Please disregard any balance issues in the current release as they are all meaningless as of now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#120 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/kodasa_sinclair/
  • LocationA magical place with magical charms.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Please disregard any balance issues in the current release as they are all meaningless as of now.

That sounds... amazingly ominous, yet reassuring all at once. Just thought I'd provide a bit of feedback on how powerful the station is at its current state. Can't wait to see the Covies finally catch up.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users