#21 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Oh and will the Space ponies bonus  get changed?

BLASPHEMY! THE SPACE PONIES WILL LIVE ON!
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#22 Tazunte

Tazunte

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Tazunte
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Well dealing with lore and all could I make a point about covi weapons? Mainly their plasma torpedos. In the stories they were all described as slow trackings balls of plasma (roughly put) but in game they are fairly fast. In the books when a covi and UNSC fleet faced off at max range and they fired their "main" weapons at the same time (MACs and plasma torpedos) the MACs arrived a few secs after the salvo was fired while the torpedos took about 5x as much time if not longer.

#23 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Well dealing with lore and all could I make a point about covi weapons? Mainly their plasma torpedos. In the stories they were all described as slow trackings balls of plasma (roughly put) but in game they are fairly fast. In the books when a covi and UNSC fleet faced off at max range and they fired their "main" weapons at the same time (MACs and plasma torpedos) the MACs arrived a few secs after the salvo was fired while the torpedos took about 5x as much time if not longer.

Eh, they're not too fast. They definitely go slower than the MACs. If people think they're too fast we can probably change it but I'm fine with them now
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#24 Tazunte

Tazunte

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Tazunte
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Ok was just wondering but it could just be me. But I love the game its made me love sins all over again.

• Moustachio86 likes this

#25 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Ok was just wondering but it could just be me. But I love the game its made me love sins all over again.

Cool. If you really want to, you can make a thread, I'm sure the forum community will be happy to debate the finer points of projectile speed with you ;)
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#26 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

Cool. If you really want to, you can make a thread, I'm sure the forum community will be happy to debate the finer points of projectile speed with you ;)

archer speed 1000 mi/s pls

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#27 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

Here are some ideas.

Artifacts:

Planetary Organic AI - Dormant Forerunner Metarch class Ancilla [Deep underground, a Forerunner facility is uncovered and along with it a dormant Metarch class Ancilla. The Ancilla provides a universal network, taking control of all operations simultaneously]

Ion Field Generator - Maginot class Hardlight Planetary Shield Generator [A science team came across a Planetary Shield Generator while exploring the planet, they have come to the conclusion that the planet was once apart of the ancient Forerunner Maginot Line. The Hardlight shields now serve as a defensive advantage in the case of an invasion]

Resilient Metalloids - Forerunner Alloy Wreckage [Wreckage of a Forerunner Dreadnaught is dug up, although all valuable tech has been destroyed, the alloys present provide a strong and formidable armour source for vessels]

Data Archive - Uncovered Forerunner Library [The uncovering of a Forerunner Library grants its new owners knowledge beyond measure, decreasing the time taken to research future technology]

Manifest Dominion - The Librarian's Archives [The discovery of the Librarian's Archives sheds light on the ancient history of the Forerunners, such revelations bring joy to the people and culture begins to spread more rapidly]

Relativistic Factories - Re-activated Sentinel Constructor Foundry [Upon re-activating a Sentinel Foundry, Constructors get straight to work in the shipyards decreasing the amount of time taken to construct vessels and structures]

Kinetic Intensifier - Fragment of Mendicant Bias [Breaching a Forerunner Data Hive, a fragment of the Contender class Ancilla Mendicant Bias agrees to help your race in an attempt to redeem himself of his past betrayal. With his military strategies, he simultaneously take control of the fleet increasing weapon damage]

Matter Compressor - Forerunner Technological Reserves [Breaking through into a Forerunner vault, a large amount of technological reserves are found. The tech has great value, and now comprises a great percentage of your trading goods increasing your income]

Phase Accelerator - Reverse Engineered Forerunner Engines [Over the years, your race has been collecting valuable components of a Forerunner engine. Now you have discovered the final piece granting you reverse engineered Forerunner engines, increasing the speed of your slipspace drives]

Power Core Relic - Mined Forerunner Crystal Fuel Source [While mining for fuel, miners come across an unexpected source; energy crystals used by the Forerunners. The utilisation of this new fuel source increases your vessels' maximum energy output]

Jump Field Generator - Salvaged Forerunner Energy Reserve Tanks [Salvaging Forerunner ruins grants your race access to energy reserve tanks once utilised by a Fortress class Warship. This decreases the amount of energy lost while using your slipspace drives]

Jump Drive Relic - Recovered Forerunner Slipspace Drive [The utilisation of a recovered Forerunner slipspace drive from a desolate Builder vessel decreases the amount of time it takes for your ships to travel from system to system]

• Cole Protocol and The Flood like this
"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#28 The Flood

The Flood

I've had a lot of names.......

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Steam:The Flood
  • LocationA place you can't get to

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

I like it,I like it
:)

some people call me The Flood.......others call me Didact........

Most Call me Night Of Eternal Darkness.....You will never know which one.....

#29 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

Most of this has already been changed, unfortunately. Glad to see you're trying, though. I wonder if these are subject to change when/if Forerunners are released.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#30 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Thanks. I was told to pop my ideas here by Cole Protocol yesterday and he said if he liked any he may use them. So I'm just happy to put forward some suggestions. I need to ask, are any of the current Artifact changes Precursor?

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#31 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

@sloose: Is damage done at impact or upon firing?

It could be an extend for the first combat phase balance-wise

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#32 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Most of this has already been changed, unfortunately. Glad to see you're trying, though. I wonder if these are subject to change when/if Forerunners are released.

Changed or not, I can still make more edits, and looking at these i may bump away a few of my ideas in place of those.

In case anyone else thinks this thread has kinda died, it has not by any means.

• Defender0 and MasterBuilderFaber like this

#33 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Thanks. I was told to pop my ideas here by Cole Protocol yesterday and he said if he liked any he may use them. So I'm just happy to put forward some suggestions. I need to ask, are any of the current Artifact changes Precursor?

I thought about that too, but it wouldn't make any sense since this is after the initial Halo Array firing.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#34 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Well to be honest there should be absolutely zero precursor tech.

1: It's OP and transcendent tech

2: It is just canonically impossible, the Halo rings destroyed all Precursor technology.

That's why the only "Artifacts" would have to be Forerunner.

Spoiler

#35 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Well to be honest there should be absolutely zero precursor tech.
1: It's OP and transcendent tech
2: It is just canonically impossible, the Halo rings destroyed all Precursor technology.

That's why the only "Artifacts" would have to be Forerunner.

Literally just said that.

I dunno, I guess since this is only the Forerunner Exiles I guess they don't have access to all of their previous tech? I'd still imagine they would have it in their navigation systems aboard their ships though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#36 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Literally just said that.

I dunno, I guess since this is only the Forerunner Exiles I guess they don't have access to all of their previous tech? I'd still imagine they would have it in their navigation systems aboard their ships though.

99% of the forerunner ships will most likely be either sentinels or controlled by forerunner constructs, the remaining 1% is a toss up between an actual forerunner or a contender AI

#37 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

99% of the forerunner ships will most likely be either sentinels or controlled by forerunner constructs, the remaining 1% is a toss up between an actual forerunner or a contender AI

Oh? I was lead to believe otherwise. Alrighty then.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#38 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

If the Mantle's Approach is going to appear however, does that mean the Ur-Didact is too?

Spoiler

#39 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Oh? I was lead to believe otherwise. Alrighty then.

it makes the most sense this way, what actual forerunners are left in the galaxy besides the didact? yet, there are countless sentinels, monitors, and maybe even just as many AI constructs

If the Mantle's Approach is going to appear however, does that mean the Ur-Didact is too?

i havent decided yet

#40 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Well actually, the Iso Didact and what was left of the Forerunners escaped and reseeded else where. So it is possible they still exist outside of the Milky Way.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users