59 replies to this topic

#1 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Ideas thoughts whatever, i want to hear them.

I think that the ONI spartan operator could be a cool sidekick, or anti hero.

But that Armour looks high tech, even compared to some of the gen 2 Armour sets.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#2 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

I like to think that that's Cortana's new form.
But that's just me.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Frank has said it's a new person who isn't a woman. So it's very likely they're trying (yet again) to create a new protagonist. Though it could very well be someone sent by ONI to hunt down John after he goes rogue.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Frank has said it's a new person who isn't a woman. So it's very likely they're trying (yet again) to create a new protagonist. Though it could very well be someone sent by ONI to hunt down John after he goes rogue.

Interrogator: "Do you think the Spartans' lack of basic humanity helped?"
Halsey: "What are you after? The others before you were Naval Intelligence but you… you're something else."
Interrogator: "Records show Spartans routinely exhibited mildly sociopathic tendencies, difficulty with socialization, furthermore…"
Halsey: "The records show efficient behavior operating in hazardous situations. I supplied the tools to maintain that efficiency."
Interrogator: "Do you believe the Master Chief succeeded because he was, at his core, broken?"
Halsey: "What does John have to do with this? …you want to replace him."
Interrogator: "The Master Chief is dead."

This pretty much says to me the UNSC is looking to replace John. The cover only adds more to the theory.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Interrogator: "Do you think the Spartans' lack of basic humanity helped?"
Halsey: "What are you after? The others before you were Naval Intelligence but you… you're something else."
Interrogator: "Records show Spartans routinely exhibited mildly sociopathic tendencies, difficulty with socialization, furthermore…"
Halsey: "The records show efficient behavior operating in hazardous situations. I supplied the tools to maintain that efficiency."
Interrogator: "Do you believe the Master Chief succeeded because he was, at his core, broken?"
Halsey: "What does John have to do with this? …you want to replace him."
Interrogator: "The Master Chief is dead."

This pretty much says to me the UNSC is looking to replace John. The cover only adds more to the theory.

Who says it was UNSC or ONI? could have been an innie, they did take over infinity for a brief time remember?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Who says it was UNSC or ONI? could have been an innie, they did take over infinity for a brief time remember?

I believe the captions say UNSC interrogator. Besides, the Innies wouldn't know much about the Spartan program.

• Bornstellaris likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

I believe the captions say UNSC interrogator. Besides, the Innies wouldn't know much about the Spartan program.

Didn't they declassify everything though?

Or at least there were leakages like naomis father.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#8 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Didn't they declassify everything though?
Or at least there were leakages like naomis father.

Naomis father was considered crazy by his own family whenever he ranted about government conspiracies stealing Naomi. He didn't have any proof. There was talk in the Kilo-5 trilogy about declassifying everything but we don't know if and when that actually happened.
Sweden can into gender!

#9 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Naomis father was considered crazy by his own family whenever he ranted about government conspiracies stealing Naomi. He didn't have any proof. There was talk in the Kilo-5 trilogy about declassifying everything but we don't know if and when that actually happened.

Considering she was treated as a war criminal that suggests it was declassified.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#10 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

He is ONI Spartan like me. yes of yay

10367560_765180196849757_837972037097490

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#11 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Armour configuration reminds me of something that was designed to track down and remove dangerous targets.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#12 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

The way the art shows it as though John is a reflection in a pond made me think that it was perhaps a new armour upgrade, then I realised that they would have to be very stupid to change the main character that severely.

Spoiler

#13 psdt

psdt

Crewman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think that Johns armor is due for an upgrade. He's been wearing that suit for like 6 years. It would be cool if he got a heavier version of the newest Mjolnir armor. Although I admit i have no idea what 343 will do to his armor in the next game.

#14 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

Doubtful. Probably the UNSC. One dude saved the entire human race and beat impossible odds. I can understand that after you lose that you would want to replicate it.

Armour configuration reminds me of something that was designed to track down and remove dangerous targets.

Possibly "hyper lethal vectors."

The way the art shows it as though John is a reflection in a pond made me think that it was perhaps a new armour upgrade, then I realised that they would have to be very stupid to change the main character that severely.

John's armor would never be heavily changed again (aside from damage) They barely even changed it as is (and I love the changes) You can't change the faceless main character's outfit after a trilogy and a half.

I like the hunter theory. I'm not sure if it was on here or reddit but I read a theory where it would be the Player being recruited as the assassin of John, basically Reach. Full customization, dynamic cutscenes, etc. Then it would switch back and forth Halo 2 esque between hunting down and "killing" John and searching for whatever John is searching for. The "not female" comment debunks that unfortunately. That would be neat.
  • con7con likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Honestly too me the armor Scream's Forerunner/Ancient human, John is probley goanna team up with Halsey and the Forerunner Exiles  to fight ONI and the Prescuor threat. [sp]

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

#16 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Wait is that a holo sight on that BR for the top spartan? if so then hell yeah if 343 lets us put sights on certain guns as I can't stand the new Br scope i want the old one from Halo 3.

Anyways Well if Johns rouge is he rogue as in "killed shit tons of UNSC personal on a rampage then ran" rogue or "just said fuck this and went to go find cortana and possibly bang her as 343 really seems to want that" rogue either Way Oni is likely either trying to hunt and kill him with another HV Spartan (please for the love of god don't make a bullshit excuse for Six he died a true death) or if its the first one then he has both the UNSC/UEG and Oni after him. Personally I'd like to have Oni after John but I would kinda be bummed about having to kill UNSC marine if theres one that looks like Johnson. Maybe they can bring Blue Team into this? didnt they get rescued from the Shield World in one of the latest books? sorry for asking but I dont have the cash for those new books.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#17 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

It could possibly be a Spartan-III. The sleek profile seems to match the stealth functions of that suit and the S-III's were made by ONI.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#18 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

http://i.imgur.com/LI9RG0w.png

IT HAS A ONI SYMBOL! ITS A TRAP.

• psdt likes this

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

#19 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Call of Halo 6: John Strikes Back; seems to be where this "John goes rogue" thing seems to be going.

Jaegar what the hell was half of that post...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

As if halo wasn't already going down the shitter,they better not add ADS.
  • Bornstellaris likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users