• Bornstellaris and Lord Stark like this

#22 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

How cool would it be if it was the rookie in that armor...

• Defender0, Bornstellaris and Lord Stark like this
Posted Image

#23 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

i dont't really like this new armor , it looks so ordinary, nothing special, just boring. Nearly every sci-fi game from the last years has some kind of grey/black anrgy looking armor guy, not really amazed by it.

if you would just show me the armor, i could not sure say to wich game it belongs to: could be titanfall/destiny/some new crysis or halo.

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#24 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Perhaps they are going a different route and making a human the main antagonist?

Spoiler

#25 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

The new spartan armor looks like someone slightly beefed the crysis armor gave it a new helmet with a blue visor or the what ever the hell next COD games armor not much of a Halo armor. Halo Armor is bulky and angled for the UNSC not sleek and organic like the coveanent even the forunners had all angle instead of being curvy.

Armor is made for war not to look sexy in and show you hips or what ever off

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#26 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

What do you expect when you pull people that worked on Crysis and Metal Gear Solid to make a Halo game? Of course its going to look like Crysis/MGS, thats all they know how to do.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#27 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

If only Ms were not such assholes and bought the halo rights off bungie much rather have a bungie halo then a 343 halo

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#28 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

If only Ms were not such assholes and bought the halo rights off bungie much rather have a bungie halo then a 343 halo

Bungie was done making Halo games after Reach, that was apparent. Whether or not Bungie retained the rights to Halo would be moot because they would never touch it again. Destiny was in the works since ODST to some degree.

• Bornstellaris likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

I like the new design, but i think it could be much bulkier, i like the new bulky chief and the old MKIVs.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#30 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:39 AM

Bungie was done making Halo games after Reach, that was apparent. Whether or not Bungie retained the rights to Halo would be moot because they would never touch it again. Destiny was in the works since ODST to some degree.

well I guess i should of clarifed more but I would rather of had Bungie kept the rights and then sell it to a company they felt could do it rather then have MS gie it to one of the sub comapnies.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#31 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

The poster does suggest a duality to the story, with the Chief and this new protagonist/antagonist as two sides of the same coin the story could end up quite similar to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty where you'd play a character hot on the heels of your recently controlled main character and reliving similar hero shaping events to the cheif's life no doubt orchestrated by ONI at the same time breaking down the chief's credibility.

#32 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

The poster does suggest a duality to the story, with the Chief and this new protagonist/antagonist as two sides of the same coin the story could end up quite similar to Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty where you'd play a character hot on the heels of your recently controlled main character and reliving similar hero shaping events to the cheif's life no doubt orchestrated by ONI at the same time breaking down the chief's credibility.

That also reminds me of ODST.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#33 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

But that Armour looks high tech, even compared to some of the gen 2 Armour sets.

My first thought. It's either a prototype, or...

HUGE SPECULATION

...the Chief encounters some Forerunner AI which upgrades his armour incorporating Cortana, thus the blue visor.

I really hope I am wrong, for that Spartan really looks like a woman. I want the Chief to be a man, a big bad muthafucka.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#34 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

My first thought. It's either a prototype, or...

HUGE SPECULATION

...the Chief encounters some Forerunner AI which upgrades his armour incorporating Cortana, thus the blue visor.

I really hope I am wrong, for that Spartan really looks like a woman. I want the Chief to be a man, a big bad muthafucka.

It's been confirmed that it's a different male character 

Posted Image

#35 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

well I guess i should of clarifed more but I would rather of had Bungie kept the rights and then sell it to a company they felt could do it rather then have MS gie it to one of the sub comapnies.

Well Microsoft technically owned Halo from the beginning.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#36 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

It's been confirmed that it's a different male character 

Not that I don't trust you or Uni, but...source? (So that I can read the whole thing, thanks)

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#37 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Well Microsoft technically owned Halo from the beginning.

not exactly Halo CE orginally was made just by Bungie as a halo WHars type game then Microsoft saw it and they boguht the rights and turned it into a FPS a amazing FPS that kinda went to the dumps in halo 4. really though 343 why make everything seem shiny and new? I liked how reach had where everything was wore and dirty made it feel like your in a war/just came out of a war

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#38 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Not that I don't trust you or Uni, but...source? (So that I can read the whole thing, thanks)

How dare you not trust me...

https://twitter.com/...343003385098240

• SternuS likes this
Posted Image

#39 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I want more Sangheili in this story.

#40 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

not exactly Halo CE orginally was made just by Bungie as a halo WHars type game then Microsoft saw it and they boguht the rights and turned it into a FPS a amazing FPS that kinda went to the dumps in halo 4. really though 343 why make everything seem shiny and new? I liked how reach had where everything was wore and dirty made it feel like your in a war/just came out of a war

Halo CE was published by Microsoft. The IP was Bungie's but the game and franchise itself was Microsoft's.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users