61 replies to this topic

#41 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

From what both or you are saying they are the same but people call it two different things both meaning the same thing.

I'm just telling him the name is wrong. The only reason it was ever called a glassing cannon is because the writers are fucking retarded and don't know the lore.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#42 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

I'm just telling him the name is wrong. The only reason it was ever called a glassing cannon is because the writers are fucking retarded and don't know the lore.

Its like saying a howitzer is a type of artillery. It has a specific role.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#43 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

Its like saying a howitzer is a type of artillery. It has a specific role.

That's not the idea though. Rocket artillery and howitzers both accomplish the same goal by different means. Neither of them have a real specific role, other than blowing shit up from far away. A glassing cannon implies something completely different than an energy projector, you even told me this.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#44 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

That's not the idea though. Rocket artillery and howitzers both accomplish the same goal by different means. Neither of them have a real specific role, other than blowing shit up from far away. A glassing cannon implies something completely different than an energy projector, you even told me this.

Its just a different role.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#45 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Its just a different role.

I don't see the point when the energy projector does it just as efficiently..

Spoiler

Spoiler

#46 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

I don't see the point when the energy projector does it just as efficiently..

Glassing cannon = static ground targets.

Ships energy projector = moving space targets.

glassing cannon = More power.

Ships energy projector = less power.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#47 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Steam:HappyKelly
  • LocationU.N.S.C. Destroyer Say My Name Again

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

It's a god damn energy projector not a glassing cannon

*edit*

The Energy Projector is a Covenant weapon used exclusively by large ships. It fires a thin beam of energized matter which has a very long range and is extremely accurate and destructive, capable of destroying ships effortlessly and "glassing" planets, systematically rendering them sterile and incapable of sustaining life.

Edited by SalvatoreLeone, 03 June 2014 - 09:01 AM.

The Covenant wonder why their Prophets have all been captured by the humans on the first day of the war. Teleporting Russians have conquered High Charity

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#48 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

It's a god damn energy projector not a glassing cannon

Its just the term for an energy projector that's purpose is glassing worlds.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#49 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

<REQUEST:>

LOCK TOPIC.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#50 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

There is no purpose except for glassing and fighting there is no different roles for the thing they do two jobs

The Covenant wonder why their Prophets have all been captured by the humans on the first day of the war. Teleporting Russians have conquered High Charity

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#51 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

There is no purpose except for glassing and fighting there is no different roles for the thing they do two jobs

They don't, the typical ship to ship energy projector is of a lower yield, but is much faster so it can hit moving objects at over 100,000Km away, CCS cruisers have to be in atmosphere to glass while CAS classes can do it from orbit.

If it did work for both they could stay in orbit at a 45 degree angle and fire all their projectors at once.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#52 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

If I am not mistaken Infinity's job was to carry high ranking officers to a distant planet of which I don't remember but came into contact with Requiem [sorry for spelling the planet name wrong]. Not to fight other covenant Ships the massive size just held more Officers and weaponry for defensive weapons and landing ships. But in infinity's Defense it could take on other large ships if need be it was capable of doing so also it housed siege frigates which could of helped.

[Correct me if I am wrong]

You are partially correct.  Infinity was designed to be a fallback/ way to fight the Covenant if Earth did fall.

I'm almost positive you're mostly wrong. It was just a defensive measure for Earth, but since Onyx was secured ONI held off the launch so all of the new Forerunner tech they were getting could be implemented and installed correctly. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Infinity was just out looking for Halo rings until it picked up the Dawn's distress beacon. The ship was made to do the job of an entire fleet on it's own. Planetary subjugation, ship to ship, orbital bombardment, support, fighter/bomber carrier, Infinity did it all.

Too bad it has to be raped for the development of the plot. Infinity probably couldn't have taken on anything more than a single CAS, thanks to it's holy-fuck-how-are-you-making-craters MAC gun, which I'm sure has an insane reload time.

Yeah, but it was also meant to be a fallback since they knew it wouldn't be completed until post-battle of Earth once Reach fell.

Slight difference. Energy projectors are generally used for ship to ship combat. A glassing cannon is a more powerful type of energy projector, generally used for ship to ground warfare and excavating artefacts. So the glassing cannon is set centrally for that purpose, they can't be used for space combat because it uses so much energy that it takes down shields in the vicinity, leaving the ship wide open to being attacked from below, hence why noble 6 took it out with a lowly onager.
With that in mind I think that infinity could possible take on four to five CAS class vessels.

You literally made all of that up.  

#53 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Just because they have different power doesn't many anything thats like saying sniper rifles that have to be used from different ranges are different because of there power

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#54 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Tell me then why has a ventral beam never been used in space combat then?

Just because they have different power doesn't many anything thats like saying sniper rifles that have to be used from different ranges are different because of there power

What? You're grammar is really bad. But if i think i'm reading is what you're saying:

You do use different rounds for different ranges, at longer ranges you may want a heavier round, because you're going to loose KE. At shorter range you're going to need a lighter round, because you need to kill them ASAP.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#55 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

The Long Night of Solace destroyed the Grafton with its ventral beam.

What? You're grammar is really bad. But if i think i'm reading is what you're saying:

You do use different rounds for different ranges, at longer ranges you may want a heavier round, because you're going to loose KE. At shorter range you're going to need a lighter round, because you need to kill them ASAP.

Bro you can't say someone's grammar is really bad then use the wrong your.

• Crisiss likes this

#56 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

The Long Night of Solace destroyed the Grafton with its ventral beam.

Bro you can't say someone's grammar is really bad then use the wrong your.

KEY WORD: SPACE.

What a lot of people don't realise, is that i multi task many things at once, as of this moment I'm having a conversation with someone on skype, have background music on, working on 3 documents, working on finding a string, in addition to posting on two forums, all at once. And sometimes throw in a game. So i think i'm entitled to some slack.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#57 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Is that our problem for your failing? nope not at all and I honestly give zero fucks about grammar         and I'm just saying a sniper does what it does you don't change the snipers name when it does something else like killing someone in close quarters     so why should the energy projectors name be called something else when its doing its job in a different way.

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#58 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

THANK YOU. He tells me not to use my source but then goes and sputters shit without citing anything? Normally he wouldn't be for thread locking but since he knows he's wrong, and the SPECTRE species cannot admit they are wrong, he needs another way out.

A: I'm pretty sure that we've never even seen an energy projector be used in game, and since the games trump all other canon, your point doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, the Grafton was destroyed by a ventral energy projector.
B: this is space combat. The physics are fucked and I'm pretty sure outside of the Keyes Loop they have never been officially explained. Anyways, I'm fairly sure energy would not even need a "heavier" round considering it's in space and it wouldn't have any begging forces acting against it.

SPECTRE YOURE WRONG ADMIT IT

Also, apparently different rounds aren't needed for in atmospheric use because A: the Grafton MAC'd a cloaking spire with it's regular projectiles, and an orbital MAC shot down a corvette in the lake by ONI Sword Base. Halo cannot into physics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#59 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Is that our problem for your failing? nope not at all and I honestly give zero fucks about grammar         and I'm just saying a sniper does what it does you don't change the snipers name when it does something else like killing someone in close quarters     so why should the energy projectors name be called something else when its doing its job in a different way.

<Facepalm> You don't use a sniper rifle at close range anyway. It is not doing the same job, planets are cleared first, then glassed.

THANK YOU. He tells me not to use my source but then goes and sputters shit without citing anything? Normally he wouldn't be for thread locking but since he knows he's wrong, and the SPECTRE species cannot admit they are wrong, he needs another way out.
A: I'm pretty sure that we've never even seen an energy projector be used in game, and since the games trump all other canon, your point doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, the Grafton was destroyed by a ventral energy projector.
B: A: this is space combat. The physics are fucked and I'm pretty sure outside of the Keyes Loop they have never been officially explained. Anyways, I'm fairly sure energy would not even need a "heavier" round considering it's in space and it wouldn't have any begging forces acting against it.
SPECTRE YOURE WRONG ADMIT IT

Halopedia is not an official wiki. I have cited the new comics and previous lore. Since when has a covenant ship decided to go upside down just so it can use more energy projectors?

spectre species?

A)New mombassa, regrets temple, and halo reach.

I wasn't saying an energy projector needs a heavier round, i was saying a sniper rifle would need a heavier round at longer range to compensate from SDWGHHD. Theoretically speaking there are no factors that can influence a force in motion in space, (bar gravity). The energy Projector is not energy to to speak, it is highly energised material (like molten metals) so technically if caught in a strong gravity field it could bend.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#60 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

<Facepalm> You don't use a sniper rifle at close range anyway. It is not doing the same job, planets are cleared first, then glassed.

Halopedia is not an official wiki. I have cited the new comics and previous lore. Since when has a covenant ship decided to go upside down just so it can use more energy projectors?
spectre species?
A)New mombassa, regrets temple, and halo reach.
I wasn't saying an energy projector needs a heavier round, i was saying a sniper rifle would need a heavier round at longer range to compensate from SDWGHHD. Theoretically speaking there are no factors that can influence a force in motion in space, (bar gravity). The energy Projector is not energy to to speak, it is highly energised material (like molten metals) so technically if caught in a strong gravity field it could bend.

I think the MLG community would argue with you over the sniper rifle range of usefulness. Pretty sure no wiki is an official wiki. Anyhow, can you actually directly cite what you are speaking of? I personally haven't really the comics and what I know from them is all word of mouth, so for all I know the Covenant could have made an alliance with the Galactic Empire to exterminate the UEG and I would never know.

Also, back to my A: point, you keep contradicting yourself. Is it an energy projector or a glassing cannon? Make up your fucking mind. Also, I don't think anything is stopping them from flipping, Covenant ships are fairly maneuverable, it an probably be fired at an angle too. Regardless of what makes up the energy projector, it isn't affected by much.

Also, CAS is the only thing that can glass from orbit?

Covenant_Destroyers_Glass_Harvest.jpg

150px-HW_genis_back_cover.png
  • Lord Stark likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users