61 replies to this topic

#1 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Link

Didn't see a thread for this anywhere so excuse me if one has already been made.

In short,we get to see the formation of the Covenant and how this relates to the Elites being so "willing" to rebel against the San Shyuum during the Schisim. With the Arbiter taking a more promenaint role in Halo 5 (Terminal backstory) and this novel, I think the upcoming lore will focus on how the Elites are dealing with living in a post-Covenant society. While possibly moving towards what the San Shyuum are doing,planning.

• Unikraken, SternuS and Lord Stark like this

#2 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Look, a potentially canon CAR model!
  • Rocket1615 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hm, I didn't even think of that. Then again, these ships are going to be the precursors to any models we have seen.

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

STOP POSTING IN GREEN DAMNIT

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Looks interesting. The formation of the Covenant hasn't really been explored that much, not with very much depth anyway.

Look, a potentially canon CAR model!

Maybe. They could potentially before 3000 years old, from the formation of the Covvies, so I doubt they would be usable ingame if that is the case.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#6 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

It is interesting to see that the Covenant ship models may indeed be Elite creations. Which implies that majority of the material could have been theirs to start with and then mass produced by High Charity.

#7 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Looks interesting. The formation of the Covenant hasn't really been explored that much, not with very much depth anyway.Maybe. They could potentially before 3000 years old, from the formation of the Covvies, so I doubt they would be usable ingame if that is the case.

Well the Covenant doesn't exactly seem like the most creative bunch...

*cough CRS CSS CAS C--S--O cough*

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

It is interesting to see that the Covenant ship models may indeed be Elite creations. Which implies that majority of the material could have been theirs to start with and then mass produced by High Charity.

I know you're trying to sound all intelligent and AI/ancilla like but that second part made literally no sense.

I assume it's some sort of exotic alloy they synthesized, anyhow.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

I understand what he's trying to say easily. He's saying most of what we've seen from the Covenant (ship and so forth) were elite creations before the Covenant.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

I understand what he's trying to say easily. He's saying most of what we've seen from the Covenant (ship and so forth) were elite creations before the Covenant.

I understand that but High Charity isn't a refinery/manufacturing center

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Arent those official UNSC Designations? Not the covie names?

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#12 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

I know you're trying to sound all intelligent and AI/ancilla like but that second part made literally no sense.

I assume it's some sort of exotic alloy they synthesized, anyhow.

I am not trying to sound like anything and why are you being rude.

I blantantly said everything we have seen is probably the Elites and mass produced by High Charity.

Err. Do you have any Visual guides,The Encylopedia, or read any of the updates on Bungie or Waypoint?

Majority of the Covenant materials were manufactered on High Charity and after it's destruction the Elites picked up majority of the Contracts and produced those wares out of various keeps.

#13 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yes it is. That one map from halo 3 where they built scarabs was on high charity. That manufacturing plant was huge, whose to say there wasn't any more?

• Bornstellaris and Mendicant Bias like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Well shit

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

This is pretty awesome.  I've always found the High Council and the Covenant politics to be fascinating and something that needed to be explored.

#16 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Raise your Dongers.

Really though I've heard that the writer is pretty good and am excited to learn more about the Covenant.

Posted Image

#17 Adrien Victus

Adrien Victus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Steam:Adrien Victus
  • LocationN Wales

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

If I remember correctly, the Prophets that originally set out from their homeworld on the forerunner dreadnought(High charity) went to war with the Elites after drifting around in space. So I would assume all the covenants ships and vehicles are elite based designs(Save for the brute stuff). This is just off the top of my head speculation though, someone else can probably find a more concrete argument.

#18 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:41 AM

If I remember correctly, the Prophets that originally set out from their homeworld on the forerunner dreadnought(High charity) went to war with the Elites after drifting around in space. So I would assume all the covenants ships and vehicles are elite based designs(Save for the brute stuff). This is just off the top of my head speculation though, someone else can probably find a more concrete argument.

The Forerunner Dreadnought is only the pyramidal ship, the rest of High Charity was built by the covenant (if I remember correctly).

Also, it is said that the Sangheili-San 'Shyuum war was basically divided in two parts: the field war, where the Sangheili had the upper hand, and the space war, where Forerunner tech used by the San 'Shyuum helped them defeating the Sangheili; thus I would assume that most of Covenant's ship are San 'Shyuum design. This is huge speculation, though.

Anyway, I'm really, really excited for this novel. The artwork is amazing, and I always wanted clarifications on the rise of the Covenant.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

This looks fantastic, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

These vessels look as if they use a form of gun, rather than a torpedo based weaponry.

Halo%20Broken%20Cirlce.jpg?format=1000w

• Mendicant Bias likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

The Forerunner Dreadnought is only the pyramidal ship, the rest of High Charity was built by the covenant (if I remember correctly).

Also, it is said that the Sangheili-San 'Shyuum war was basically divided in two parts: the field war, where the Sangheili had the upper hand, and the space war, where Forerunner tech used by the San 'Shyuum helped them defeating the Sangheili; thus I would assume that most of Covenant's ship are San 'Shyuum design. This is huge speculation, though.

Anyway, I'm really, really excited for this novel. The artwork is amazing, and I always wanted clarifications on the rise of the Covenant.

To be more specific, the San Shyuum used hit and run attacks with the Dreadnought while the Elites were fighting with their own ships (most likely enhanced by Forerunner tech). That is why i pointed out the Covenant ships may have been theirs to start with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users