61 replies to this topic

#21 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:31 AM

To be more specific, the San Shyuum used hit and run attacks with the Dreadnought while the Elites were fighting with their own ships (most likely enhanced by Forerunner tech). That is why i pointed out the Covenant ships may have been theirs to start with.

The sanghelli refused to use forerunner technology to be reversed engineered, that was the cause of the war.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#22 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

The sanghelli refused to use forerunner technology to be reversed engineered, that was the cause of the war.

This.

Their ships were rudimental against the highly-advanced San 'Shyuum ships.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#23 Adrien Victus

Adrien Victus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Steam:Adrien Victus
  • LocationN Wales

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

This.

Their ships were rudimental against the highly-advanced San 'Shyuum ships.

Yes but as the war progressed they implemented forerunner technology to give them the advantage and soon lost the reason why they were fighting. Thus the covenant began.

• Unikraken and Mendicant Bias like this

#24 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

Yes but as the war progressed they implemented forerunner technology to give them the advantage and soon lost the reason why they were fighting. Thus the covenant began.

They didn't lost the reason why they were fighting. By the end of the war both sides were almost annihilated and when the Sangheili, as you said, implemented Forerunner tech into their ships, the conflict came to a stalemate and they signed a treaty.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#25 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

They started researching and applying Forerunner tech not long after the war started. Thats how the two became evenly matched otherwise the San Shyuum would have won.

#26 psdt

psdt

Crewman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

I thought all the San Shyuum died after halo 2? Correct me if im wrong but I thought that the vast majority of the San Shyuum lived on high charity, and the flood kinda ate that place.

#27 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

I thought all the San Shyuum died after halo 2? Correct me if im wrong but I thought that the vast majority of the San Shyuum lived on high charity, and the flood kinda ate that place.

No, many fled High Charity or were on other ships. Thousands or tens of thousands, if I remember correctly. They've run off to hide. We could very well see them again if they find respite.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#28 Slayeh215

Slayeh215

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

Most of the San Shyuum who were a part of the Covenant were killed either on High Charity or in skirmishes during the Schism. What remained have either gone into hiding or been killed. The Prophets were the descendants of  San Shyuum who stole the Forerunner Dreadnought from their Homeworld after a short battle sparked by a difference in doctrine with the rest of their species. They believed in examining and using Forerunner relics to reverse engineer them in order to create new technologies. Opposing them was the majority of their species who believed in simply revering and worshiping Forerunner ruins.

TL,DR Most if not all Covenant San Shyuum are dead but the species is still around and thriving back on their Homeworld.

#29 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

There are less than a thousand San'Shyuum left in the galaxy with High Charity being infested.  They have come back from similar numbers when the Dreadnought first fled Janjur Qom.  Additionally it is implied that its quite possible Janjur Qom was not destroyed by a stellar event, and that the San'Shyuum lied about the event due to distrust of the Sangheili.  

As for the Covenant Fleet?  They are likely the same design of the Sangheili vessels from the first war considering the San'Shyuum's complete demilitarization was likely a condition of the Writ of Union, similar to the disbanding of the Sangheili Ascetics 

#30 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Majority of the thousand or so San Shyuum of High Charity fled,yes. From the start it has been implied that they lied about the destruction of JaJur Qom. Which means there could be plenty of them left. Even in Cryptum Greg Bear went out of his way to avoid talking about the third planet in the system if it wasn't a second moon to Qom.

#31 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Majority of the thousand or so San Shyuum of High Charity fled,yes. From the start it has been implied that they lied about the destruction of JaJur Qom. Which means there could be plenty of them left. Even in Cryptum Greg Bear went out of his way to avoid talking about the third planet in the system if it wasn't a second moon to Qom.

I'm not sure what you're implying here but without further explanation I'll just make a guess

If there was a stellar collapse everything in the system would be rendered uninhabitable. I think it's likely that they could have expanded to the point to colonize another planet though, seeing how abundant terrestrial planets are in Halo.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Is that really the new CAR? This happens like all the time. As soon as you have a good fanon design ironed out, they just throw something new in your face

• Bornstellaris and David0425 like this

yLM4TEk.png

#33 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Is that really the new CAR? This happens like all the time. As soon as you have a good fanon design ironed out, they just throw something new in your face

I think it should be considering it is similar to the current model :P.

Posted Image

#34 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

>good fanon design

LOL

I hate the current CAR. It's so fucking ugly.

No, I don't think it's an actual canon model. I would like the current one to be replaced with this, though.

• CQBEXPT likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#35 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

>good fanon design

LOL

I hate the current CAR. It's so fucking ugly.

No, I don't think it's an actual canon model. I would like the current one to be replaced with this, though.

I'm open to something -like- this replacing the CAR, but it would need an update since book covers are generally concept art and the ship needs about a thousand years of technological updates to it to make it relevant.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#36 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

I'm open to something -like- this replacing the CAR, but it would need an update since book covers are generally concept art and the ship needs about a thousand years of technological updates to it to make it relevant.

I'd like almost any change, really. I'd even take a scaled down old DDS model. I just hate the current CAR so much I don't even build it, I just build a second DDS. Not that that matters because after this new model is in I will build nothing but DDSs. The design is so ugly and synthetic, it doesn't look Covenant-like at all. What happened to the space whales we knew and loved?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#37 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

I'd like almost any change, really. I'd even take a scaled down old DDS model.

Join the Covenant! It's the scale up-scale down party over here!

CCS become smaller! CAS larger! With brand new names as CRS and P.l.o.t. D.e.v.i.c.e.!

Oh and there is also the RCS: a BRAND NEW ship! bascially a ccs scaled up

#38 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

Join the Covenant! It's the scale up-scale down party over here!

CCS become smaller! CAS larger! With brand new names as CRS and P.l.o.t. D.e.v.i.c.e.!

Oh and there is also the RCS: a BRAND NEW ship! bascially a ccs scaled up

YOU HEATHEN! HOW DARE YOU MENTION.... IT!

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#39 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

H4-RCSArmoredCruiser-SideFull.png

I dunno, I like the design changes on the RCS. It looks like it just has some ragtag upgrades done to it, kind of embodying the loss of the Covenant's production capacity, making them need quality over quantity more than before.

I, personally, would like to see this in game. It has only one energy projector compared to the CSS's two, and is more heavily armored and shielded.

I would also like to see this in in some capacity, hopefully with as good of a model as the DDS turned out: http://halo.wikia.co...e-class_cruiser

Spoiler

Spoiler

#40 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I'm not sure what you're implying here but without further explanation I'll just make a guess

If there was a stellar collapse everything in the system would be rendered uninhabitable.

The Lore has been leaning to that being a lie and there could be millions more San Shyuum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users