#41 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

>good fanon design

Don't you greentext me dammit. I'm speaking generally. This has happened literally a dozen times to us already due to the development span taking six years.

Also, this past June was SotP's 6th birthday. Happy birthday, Bae.
  • Defender0, Bornstellaris, Moustachio86 and 1 other like this

yLM4TEk.png

#42 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

The Lore has been leaning to that being a lie and there could be millions more San Shyuum.

I'm aware, I thought you said that even if there was a collapse they would have lived, specifically, the "third planet in the system".

Don't you greentext me dammit. I'm speaking generally. This has happened literally a dozen times to us already due to the development span taking six years.

Also, this past June was SotP's 6th birthday. Happy birthday, Bae.

Yeah, no, I'd be happy to attempt to design something myself. The current one is just.. ew.

referring to a game as bae

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#43 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Oh sure, we can imply things nowadays.

SotP might look like a graphical dog’s dinner in these days of 4K resolution and the Cryengine 6 or whatever, but back in the day SotP's graphics were so realistic humble peasants would fall to their knees before such magic.

We'll get a new model in time. And if time has taught me anything, it's that it'll look completely glorious. I'd love to see any designs you'd like to pitch.

yLM4TEk.png

#44 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

SotP might look like a graphical dog’s dinner in these days of 4K resolution and the Cryengine 6 or whatever, but back in the day SotP's graphics were so realistic humble peasants would fall to their knees before such magic.

We'll get a new model in time. And if time has taught me anything, it's that it'll look completely glorious. I'd love to see any designs you'd like to pitch.

The only thing that irks me is the design. I'm not even like every other person who cares only about then texture. I hate the shape and structure of the ship.

It looks like something out of a shitty hollywood blockbuster.

It's like you just cut a xenomorph's head off and stuck engines and weapons on it.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#45 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

COUGH OLD SUPERCARRIER MODEL COUGH. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE FRIGATES OR DESTROYERS.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#46 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

COUGH OLD SUPERCARRIER MODEL COUGH. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE FRIGATES OR DESTROYERS.

Got pics?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#47 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

THERE HAS BEEN MANY.

SC.jpg

Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_2008-07-08_22-38-

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#48 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Concerning the RCS, the current CCS texture in the mod is based on the RCS. That was when we thought it was a CCS redesign and not a new ship. Personally there is already a CCS clone in the mod. If you want another one you won't be getting one from me.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#49 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

We're not even going to talk about the Sulaco back in the day

• sloosecannon, Zero, Bornstellaris and 1 other like this

yLM4TEk.png

#50 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Oh that SuperCarrier model. I remember that. It was... wonderful.

Also, not sure why it said I liked that post by Crissis. I didn't. I swear the forum hates me or something....

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the ship design. It doesn't look idential to other Covenant ships, but there's nothing wrong with that.
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#51 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Concerning the RCS, the current CCS texture in the mod is based on the RCS. That was when we thought it was a CCS redesign and not a new ship. Personally there is already a CCS clone in the mod. If you want another one you won't be getting one from me.

The RCS does have something that could be an interesting ability though. It was mentioned in the encyclopedia called a "stasis enfolder system", anyone know what this is?

• SPECTRE likes this

#52 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Unless the CRS gets a new "manta ray" model I want it out. We didn't do it with the super sized CAS, I would prefer to not do it with this. The RCS at least presents some difference in the model.

But that would require a new model.

THERE HAS BEEN MANY.

Spoiler

That thing looks hilarious

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Unless the CRS gets a new "manta ray" model I want it out. We didn't do it with the super sized CAS, I would prefer to not do it with this. The RCS at least presents some difference in the model. 

I actually like the current CRS model.  It looks badass when 5 of them are flying in formation lead by a single CCS.

#54 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Its the same model with hair. That's literally the only difference besides the HD texture they made for it for the CGI scenes.

• Bornstellaris likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#55 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Its the same model with hair. That's literally the only difference besides the HD texture they made for it for the CGI scenes.

I don't get the big deal with you guys and the model. I get the CAS - and C.S.O but why doesn't the CRS get the same treatment? Sure, it's a new model, but it's the exact same ship as the CSS except it glows. That is literally it. It's just as bad as the "CCS with hair". The CRS doesn't even present any noticeable differences besides firepower and shielding. The RCS has just as much, if not more reason to be included in the mod as the CRS. I'm not going to start an argument over this, but that's stupid reasoning. The model isn't even relevant. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the RCS either. All this Halo 4 crap is not in my books. The RCS texture in the mod right now is the original CCS model, or the Halo 3 look-alike, before the RCS came out and before we knew it was a new classification of the ship. I re-textured the CCS to look like the RCS because we thought it was a redesign of the CCS.

I would prefer the RCS over the CRS, personally. I mean do you realize how small that thing is? A single seraph is like half the size of that thing. Hell, an SDV is bigger. I would prefer my ships to not shoot projectiles bigger than the ship is. That's not my only argument against it, but it's just a stupid ship. I really hope they phase out CRSs in favor of RCS cruisers, I can't stand watching these things float around like they're top shit. I want my big ass CCS class battlecruiser back damnit.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#56 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the RCS either. All this Halo 4 crap is not in my books. The RCS texture in the mod right now is the original CCS model, or the Halo 3 look-alike, before the RCS came out and before we knew it was a new classification of the ship. I re-textured the CCS to look like the RCS because we thought it was a redesign of the CCS.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#57 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Off topic: Crisiss, how did you break the forum's CSS?

Come to think of it, this whole page is broken. WTF?

#define true false

Spoiler

#58 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Off topic: Crisiss, how did you break the forum's CSS?

Come to think of it, this whole page is broken. WTF?

Is this a joke at the CSS typo?

I dunno, the forums have been weird lately. Sometimes I try to load the page and I get an SQR error or something. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

#59 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

Is this a joke at the CSS typo?

I dunno, the forums have been weird lately. Sometimes I try to load the page and I get an SQR error or something. 

CSS is script coding for web pages. :P

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#60 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

CSS is script coding for web pages. :P

^That

Cascading Style Sheets.

Look at your signature here: http://www.sinsofthe...ge-3#entry40514

Also, the quick reply box is all messed up. They're both taking up more than they should. Really not sure why that's happening, so I'll blame it on you.

#define true false

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users