83 replies to this topic

#81 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Mate, we're both going in completely different directions with our arguments to the point that both are right and wrong... You and everyone else are absolutely right, the facts show that its highly likely Solemn Penance is extremely strong. Everyone else has also been providing nice evidence, but logic says otherwise in some cases. That's were we're all right and wrong.

also, you did see the rockets assisting the PoA's take off in reach right? that would be how it got into orbit...

If you say so.

If you say so. Pretty much everything you said has no formal backing though, or even logic to it. Physics are fucked in Halo.
Yes, I saw the rockets and as soon as it got into the air they ejected them. In reality, the PoA would have smashed into the ground and/or crushed itself.

There's a reason the only ships rated for atmosphere are frigates, and even that's screwy. There was a marine talking about Forward Unto Dawn and asking if it was "rated for atmosphere", in The Ark I believe.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#82 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

If you say so.

If you say so. Pretty much everything you said has no formal backing though, or even logic to it. Physics are fucked in Halo.
Yes, I saw the rockets and as soon as it got into the air they ejected them. In reality, the PoA would have smashed into the ground and/or crushed itself.

There's a reason the only ships rated for atmosphere are frigates, and even that's screwy. There was a marine talking about Forward Unto Dawn and asking if it was "rated for atmosphere", in The Ark I believe.

It would depend on the speed and angle of approach, if it was a very low  and shallow descent its definitely viable.

mobius and myself have discussed the fact that the gravity plates that are installed on the bottom of each ship provide gravity also has an adverse effect on the space below it, essentially creating antigravity.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV -gravitational forces enacted by gravity plate.

==================================== - deck and gravity plate.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV gravitational effects appear below vessel and deck below also.

I do believe the stalwart class has no gravity plates at all.

Also "rated for atmosphere" does not necessarily mean that it can't access atmosphere, it may mean that it requires assistance in the form of an orbital elevator to gain access to atmosphere.

Think about how blocky and anti-aerodynamic  the frigates are, during atmospheric reinsertion it may suffer from aerodynamic failure falling into an uncontrollable spin.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#83 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

"rated for atmosphere"

rated for atmosphere means something else from what you seem to be implying. ships can either be built in a space drydock, or on a planet, in a shipyard such as the one in the last level of reach. rated for atmosphere means whether a ship can withstand the pressure of an atmospheres pressure on the ship.

#84 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

rated for atmosphere means something else from what you seem to be implying. ships can either be built in a space drydock, or on a planet, in a shipyard such as the one in the last level of reach. rated for atmosphere means whether a ship can withstand the pressure of an atmospheres pressure on the ship.

Regardless I'm sure the PoA weighs a metric shitload.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users