Download Link: http://www.moddb.com...alpha-v05641800
As of this writing, version 0.56 of our Halo total conversion for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v 1.82 is being packed up and readied for public consumption. I will be uploading the mod at midnight local time, so expect to see it ready for download some time Monday morning.
In this update you'll find a number of updates and changes. I'll list some of the more significant ones below:
- Overall gameplay balance has been tweaked several times over the last 7 months, so it's too numerous to list here. You'll have to play to find out.
Major Covenant Changes
- There is now a placeholder model for the SDV corvette on loan from our EaW sister-mod Covenant at War.
- The DDS-class Carrier has been given a very sexy new model and texture thanks to our asset-sharing partnership with our Homeworld 2 sister-mod Homefront.
- Type 27 Space Banshees have been added as the Covenant fighter. Model and texture thanks to our asset-sharing partnership with our Homeworld 2 sister-mod Homefront.
- Several texture enhancements have been made to Covenant models to remove the seam visible in the last release.
- The Assault Carrier is now immune to disabling effects and flood infection.
- The Pickett has become the anti-fighter ship featuring pretty damaging pulse lasers to help repel UNSC and Flood alike.
Major UNSC Changes
- Mako is out, Stalwart is in, including fancy new model and texture from our UNSC lead artist Annihilater102.
- Massive changes to the UNSC starbase, including a new modular upgrade system and powerful weapons. She'll make you think twice about assaulting her if you pay the piper his due. AAA helix autocannons, Archer missiles, and Onager-style mini-MACs litter the station as well as research for a Shiva nuclear warhead.
- Tangent maps for UNSC ships are slowly being updated to improve lighting and visual fidelity and you'll see some of those updates in this release, but more are to come.
Major Flood Changes
- Flood no longer accept bidding for who they are going to attack. Their behavior is now independant of player actions.
- Pure form Flood Carriers are now in and ready to scare the shit out of you.
- Very fancy new skyboxes thanks to Max from the STA3 team and Egosoft.
- Approximately 30 new planets not including Forerunner locations.
- Several planets with custom textures from the lore available for custom map building; including Earth, Reach, and Sanghelios.
- Updated soundtrack thanks to our composer Waseem Faraz Butt.
- Updated voiceovers thanks to our audio director I_Am_Sancho.
- We liked our main menu so much we put a ring on it.
- Updated win/lose screans for both factions from custom art thanks to Kawassass00.
Be sure to like/follow/join all of our community resources to keep tabs on the latest updates about the mod:
Steam Group: http://steamcommunit...nsoftheprophets