49 replies to this topic

#21 Tsunatus

Tsunatus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUnion City, California

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

Is there another way to download the update because I'm always having problems with moddb.

• Andy493 likes this

#22 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

That's what I thought...so why isn't this in the news?

It was never supposed to be a capital in the first place. It's the Covenant Titan (with a cap of 1) for a reason.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#23 The Flood

The Flood

I've had a lot of names.......

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Steam:The Flood
  • LocationA place you can't get to

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

I am having problems with moddb as well

some people call me The Flood.......others call me Didact........

Most Call me Night Of Eternal Darkness.....You will never know which one.....

#24 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

For me the download page isn't even updated yet o_O. Doesn't have the new version yet others have it already?

#25 Wilhelm König

Wilhelm König

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

"The file you are trying to view (Sins of the Prophets Rebellion Alpha v.0.56.41800 - SotP_Alpha_v.0.56.41820.zip) uploaded by Unikraken is currently awaiting authorisation. Authorisation can take a couple of days ..."

-http://www.moddb.com...alpha-v05641800
Great

#26 Spartan4845

Spartan4845

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

"The file you are trying to view (Sins of the Prophets Rebellion Alpha v.0.56.41800 - SotP_Alpha_v.0.56.41820.zip) uploaded by Unikraken is currently awaiting authorisation. Authorisation can take a couple of days ..."

-http://www.moddb.com...alpha-v05641800
Great

It is the will of the prophets.

#27 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

You guys have to also realize that the amount of downloads is probably breaking ModDB's servers. Just be patient.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#28 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

You guys have to also realize that the amount of downloads is probably breaking ModDB's servers. Just be patient.

They can't handle 500 a day?

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

yeh but they don't expect the same person to download 9 times in less that 12 hours.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#30 Tsunatus

Tsunatus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

yeah and I'm one of them. I only get 50kb a sec and thats fine with me waiting 5 hours for 700mb but what getting me a bit angry is the fact that i have to keep redownload it because the files I'm getting are corrupted and Sins isn't even starting to mod because it has a check sum of 0

#31 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

yeah and I'm one of them. I only get 50kb a sec and thats fine with me waiting 5 hours for 700mb but what getting me a bit angry is the fact that i have to keep redownload it because the files I'm getting are corrupted and Sins isn't even starting to mod because it has a check sum of 0

Try this one: http://www.nexusmods...empire/mods/13/

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#32 Tsunatus

Tsunatus

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

that one is also giving me some errors, I'm trying to solve it but its not on my end unfortunately. I might try and get the premium for Nexusmods

#33 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

that one is also giving me some errors, I'm trying to solve it but its not on my end unfortunately. I might try and get the premium for Nexusmods

Given that there are over a thousand people who've not had the issues you're posting about, the issue is decidedly on your end in some form or another. The same goes with others posting issues. We run into this every time we release. People don't read the instructions, they skim them, they're torrenting and watching online videos while they're downloading so files get corrupted. So on and so forth. 99% of troubleshooting here with the mod is trying to help someone figure out where they've fucked up or helping them find the right mirror to download from their god-awful internet connection. I may upload a torrent here soon because I think that may be more successful for people who keep getting corrupted downloads.

• Crisiss and Jaeger like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#34 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Given that there are over a thousand people who've not had the issues you're posting about, the issue is decidedly on your end in some form or another. The same goes with others posting issues. We run into this every time we release. People don't read the instructions, they skim them, they're torrenting and watching online videos while they're downloading so files get corrupted. So on and so forth. 99% of troubleshooting here with the mod is trying to help someone figure out where they've fucked up or helping them find the right mirror to download from their god-awful internet connection. I may upload a torrent here soon because I think that may be more successful for people who keep getting corrupted downloads.

Actually I may have found the source of yesterdays problems, for my friends and i.

1. We all operate on speeds above 500Mbps. Perhaps the Server link could not keep up with us. And/or
  2. We are all former/current members of the military, GCHQ monitors and restricts what we can see and download, i found as our Security pass increases the less was downloaded, LAA as an .exe may be restricted as possible malware. None of us managed to download LAA in the .zip.
  3. LAA, an .exe may be restricted as of the new data laws that were passed in Britain a couple of days ago, thus causing data being restricted or something.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#35 Wilhelm König

Wilhelm König

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

We all operate on speeds above 500Mbps.

500Mb/s?! Wow and i thought 150Mbit/s was fast.

#36 Slayeh215

Slayeh215

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Enjoying the new release so far, only two minor things. First the running lights and engine effects show up for some ships while they are still in slipspace, thought them being invisible was a bug till i thought about it and read another thread. Secondly the infocard that pops up when you hover your cursor over the fleet slots on either side of a planet( don't know what its called) displays the icon for the garda frigate in place of the Stalwart.

#37 Hellstormer

Hellstormer

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

looks like my patience payed of,as far as I can say this release will keep my occupied for next half year.This is one of the best releases you guys made,keep up the great work :)

#38 jupjup4ever

jupjup4ever

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

i was wondering if someone could help me.......

so i downloaded the latest version, installed it activated the mod, then the new loading screen happens, and i get a mini dump. every time 

i have the latest version of rebellion, i have un and re-installed 3 times both the game and the mod. 

i think the mod is in the right location i followed the directions and get the mod check sum  85717450. i then try to apply the mod it loades for a second then i get a mini dump. 

plz help

#39 Mrbump

Mrbump

Crewman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

ah man this is great downloading it now :D

#40 Spoder

Spoder

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Spoder/Spoderman/Username: xxcoolguy232xx
  • LocationThe Milky Way, Sol System, Earth, Southern Hemisphere, Australia, New South Wales, Penrith.

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

G'day from Australia.Good-gravy the flood is immensely Overpowered. Me among a friend decided to see how long we could hold out as Covenant among an allied and same-team UNSC, with the flood enabled, among an easy UNSC AI so we could start the game.We didn't even last 10 minutes. Use the Corvette and basic capital ship as Cov, and Stalwarts And Athens as UNSC.Please, at least let shields come into some play when the flood turn up (unshielded craft will be taken by the flood instead of perfectly normal ones.) Pretty Sure it's hardcoded.Get them to slow down on the weetbixes. What?I've heard talk-and-tale about the Infinity as well.If that big-boy's coming in, Covvies better hope they can start pumping out Super Carrier Assault carrier after Assault Carrier Super Carrier. The Infinity is a fleet center like the Assault Carrier, not a death machine like the Battleship.RIP all those who oppose the Parasite.Cheers,Spoderman.

Numerous times I've lost perfectly fine CCS Class Cruisers when they haven't even seen combat in the slightest. If I must, when I get the chance, I'll grab a recording of it occurring. (It's just about 3am.)

Weetbix is a cereal. Pretty much wheat brick in a bowl with milk. Advertisements make it as a sports food. (You wouldn't understand if you're not Australian.)
Bloody Aussies, aye?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users