#21 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

No, most of Gamma Company wasn't on Onyx. Did they go on a suicide mission during Trevalyen?

Oh yeah, most of Gamma Company is currently at unknown location (or they're dead).

They who? If you're referring to Ash, Olivia and Mark, they were trapped inside Onyx/Trevelyan but managed to escape along with Fred, Linda, Kelly, Tom and Lucy, but they've been somehow, somewhere killed by someone.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#22 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

You can assume Gamma Company was destroyed because all SIII companies were deployed outside UNSC space on suicide missions to slow down the Covenant advance. Only 8 confirmed SIIIs survived Onyx, and 3 of them were killed off by 343. Assuming Team Katana is still in stasis, there are only 4 SIIIs left alive.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#23 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

You can assume Gamma Company was destroyed because all SIII companies were deployed outside UNSC space on suicide missions to slow down the Covenant advance. Only 8 confirmed SIIIs survived Onyx, and 3 of them were killed off by 343. Assuming Team Katana is still in stasis, there are only 4 SIIIs left alive.

What about Tom and Lucy?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#24 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

They were included in the four remaining alive.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#25 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

He could be a SPARTAN-I. Probably not but who knows.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#26 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:27 AM

To be a Spartan-I wash out he should be at least 70 years old, even considering the time passed in cryo-sleep. I think he might be a S-II. Looks too old to be a S-III in my opinion.

Also, isn't Locke referring to him as "Colonel"?

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#27 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

Maybe Joseph-122?

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#28 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:20 AM

Then how old was Sergeant Johnson? He was a SPARTAN-I just in case you didn't realise.

Remember Off-Topic!

#29 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

Guys he's most likely a Spartan-IV washout. There are only 4 Spartan-IIs and 4 Spartan-IIIs left.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#30 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

Depends when the movie is set. It could be before SPARTAN-IVs. Plus, is Agent Locke a SPARTAN? If he was, he would be a SPARTAN-IV. It could be he knows the other guy. Maybe there could be a traitor? Or even Master Chief? I think we will just have to wait.

Remember Off-Topic!

#31 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

Depends when the movie is set. It could be before SPARTAN-IVs. Plus, is Agent Locke a SPARTAN? If he was, he would be a SPARTAN-IV. It could be he knows the other guy. Maybe there could be a traitor? Or even Master Chief? I think we will just have to wait.

The first active SPARTAN-IVs were already deployed as early as 2553 as some of them were temporarily assigned to UNSC Infinity before it was scheduled to launch

http://halo.wikia.co...RTAN-IV_Program

Also trivia section: There were a small fraction of SPARTAN-IVs active before the end of the Human-Covenant War

I assume nightfall takes place after the War considering the appearence of a Storm Elite in one of the shots. And don't give me bullshit 343 can do what they want. I refuse to believe Storm armor would be in use on the frontlines in the H-C war. Yeah sure maybe some Elites donned it but that was likely on Shangelli worlds. Also it seemed that elite was commiting a terroist act.

As we can clearly see they are going to be on im guessing the remains of 04A at one point which means its after Reach and Instillation 04A. COuld possibly be before earth but unlikely as ONI would have kikely had all their resources directed towards other mroe important things to send what seems to be a decent sized team on a destroyed ring that could still have flood on it.

Its also part of Locke's story before Guardians so I highly doubt its during the H-C war(also afformentioned Storm elite make my doubt even higher) I'd place somewhere between 2554 and 2558.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#32 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

Then how old was Sergeant Johnson? He was a SPARTAN-I just in case you didn't realise.

I did realise, since I've read the books. Also, I've mentioned the time passed in cryo-sleep, so he'll probably be around 50-60.

I refuse to believe Storm armor would be in use on the frontlines in the H-C war.

As I refuse to believe that the FUD drastically changed its aspect while adrift in space. But you know, 343i. Anyway, I agree, it has to be post Human-Covenant War.

#33 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

It could be one of the Spartan II, or III washouts. There were a few, like Joseph-122 that were augmented, but never made deployment as a full Spartan.
  • MrChipps likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#34 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

The show/movie takes place on a fragment of 04B

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#35 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:14 PM

At the ark? Why would it be there? Hmmm. Well that might explain the human killing compound. And why the covies are there.

Remember Off-Topic!

#36 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

$20 says Chief & Co. end up on the Ark in Halo 5.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#37 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

There is a problem. How will you give us the money if it is so?  :P Who knows what will happen, well Microsoft does....hopefully. Why would he be on the Ark anyway?

Remember Off-Topic!

#38 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

The show/movie takes place on a fragment of 04B

You sure about that? Because I can't find anything about where it will be set, so it might be either 04A or B.

At the ark? Why would it be there? Hmmm. Well that might explain the human killing compound. And why the covies are there.

No, O'Connor stated that that ring started executing failsafe jumps after it got damaged to get back to the Ark, or distant enough from everything to be safe and start repairing, so it won't be near the Ark.

$20 says Chief & Co. end up on the Ark in Halo 5.

I really hope so. And if that happens, they'd better not destroy it at the end......or in a comic.

#39 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

Oh, never knew about the failsafe jumps.

Remember Off-Topic!

#40 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Oh, never knew about the failsafe jumps.

I think it's the San Diego Comic Con presentation of Nightfall, it should be on Waypoint's youtube channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users