67 replies to this topic

#61 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

You do realise the mystery spartan's name is is Randol? As in Randol the SPARTAN-II. Also those worms could be Lekgolo worms? Watch this for a look and breakdown of the trailer. https://www.youtube....h?v=2X48weyWfG4

I don't think the worms are exactly that agile or I think they'd put that to a bit more use in combat.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

It's an idea. Anyway in combat they use the very heavy hunter armor. That would slow them down a bit so....

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#63 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

Clues? Do tell.

The Covenant have been testing an "unknown" disease on some Jackals in a post-war-abandoned moon in an isolated solar system. This disease provoked the same symptoms in every host: "numerous and irregular boil-like lesions covering the skin and severe desiccation, resulting in subsequent withering and loss of limb." An Elite is seen coming out of that research facility with a small cylindrical container. In the trailer, a Zealot is seen falling on a crowd releasing a spheric object, which I suppose was containing that disease.

The words in the trailer are "[...] they've got the hand on a compound that selectively kills humans and nothing else?" "Not a compund, an element." Probably, the "element" being a genetically modified FSC.

• Crisiss likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#64 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

The Covenant have been testing an "unknown" disease on some Jackals in a post-war-abandoned moon in an isolated solar system. This disease provoked the same symptoms in every host: "numerous and irregular boil-like lesions covering the skin and severe desiccation, resulting in subsequent withering and loss of limb." An Elite is seen coming out of that research facility with a small cylindrical container. In the trailer, a Zealot is seen falling on a crowd releasing a spheric object, which I suppose was containing that disease.

The words in the trailer are "[...] they've got the hand on a compound that selectively kills humans and nothing else?" "Not a compund, an element." Probably, the "element" being a genetically modified FSC.

I thought the Sphere was a Plasma grenade? Unless the Covies can put shit in it and turn them into chemical warfare weapons.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#65 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:53 AM

I thought the Sphere was a Plasma grenade? Unless the Covies can put shit in it and turn them into chemical warfare weapons.

Might be, but it was a steel-coloured sphere with no engravings on it, no purple or blue graphs, and it wasn't glowing as it should be after you trigger it.

Spoiler

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#66 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

Might be, but it was a steel-coloured sphere with no engravings on it, no purple or blue graphs, and it wasn't glowing as it should be after you trigger it.

Hmm after rewatching it you seem to be right. Now I want chemcial warfare in Halo.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#67 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

It was obviously a terrorist move but I'm not sure what the weapon was. I feel like the elite gets killed (either before the fall or during) and ONI or something secures the weapon and finds an antidote or something. The end.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#68 Mrbump

Mrbump

Crewman

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited kingdom

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

really not looking forward to this i must say D:

its just another way of grabbing de monies from your wallets

and the effects look kinda... funny

i loved halo unto dawn it bought back memories of my academy days

but it was just another way of adding depth to a character who we barely meet for less than 30 minites in number 4 and will probably be the same for this

i love ridley scott films too, but a short series i don't think is up his alley so to speek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users