#41 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

Oh sorry I meant 04A.

The series takes place between the events of Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians.[10] An Office of Naval Intelligence unit, led by Lieutenant Commander Jameson Locke, is deployed on the distant human Outer Colony of Sedra to investigate terrorist activity. Sedra is described as a backwater world harboring a disdain for the Unified Earth Government and the UNSC. During their investigation, a Sedran city is attacked by Sangheili[11] terrorists and it is discovered that they are trying to use a biological weapon that only affects humans.[12] Locke's team is forced to work together with Sedran Colonial Guard commander Randall Aiken and his troops to track down the origin of the bioweapon. During their search, the unit is drawn to a perilous alien artifact: a partially functioning section of Installation 04, the Halo ringworld destroyed by the Master Chief in the first Halo game. The Halo fragment has begun to orbit in close proximity to a red giant. When the fragment rotates in its orbit, its habitable side undergoes extreme heat that is too unbearable for any human when the habitable side is facing the sun. The fragment's environment only experiences survivable temperatures during the sixteen hours when the habitable side is facing away from the sun, forcing the team to complete their mission within this timeframe.[13][14][15] A grave threat present on the ancient construct soon turns the mission into a desperate fight for survival.[5][16]

• SternuS likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#42 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

Sounds like the flood will be there. I mean like the flood are kinda a 'Grave threat' and when fighting the flood its normally desperately and for survival.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#43 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

Sounds like the flood will be there. I mean like the flood are kinda a 'Grave threat' and when fighting the flood its normally desperately and for survival.

I thought that too at first, but the new trailer hints to a "new" threat, a compund researched by the Covenant that only attacks humans. So we'll probably see that in place of the Flood.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#44 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

Yeah, maybe, but it already mentioned the compound as a threat so I think it's talking about something else, maybe neither. Or it's just me wanting to see their interpretations of the flood. Imagine them in it..... Plus I quite like the flood so  :P

Remember Off-Topic!

#45 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:45 AM

Maybe it's a genetically altered strein of the flood supercell?

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#46 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

Awesome!  :o Horrible disaster waiting to happen. Who would try and alter a supercell that could destroy the universe? Either idiots, religious freaks or people who want to set up a epic story or movie.

Remember Off-Topic!

#47 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, maybe, but it already mentioned the compound as a threat so I think it's talking about something else, maybe neither. Or it's just me wanting to see their interpretations of the flood. Imagine them in it..... Plus I quite like the flood so  :P

Oh yeah absolutely, I'd love to see the Flood in action.

Maybe it's a genetically altered strein of the flood supercell?

That's what I believe. Furthermore, clues in the latest issue of Escalation point to that.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#48 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:49 AM

It appears I have some catching up to do. Just found out about Escalation. hard when the country you live in never has anything in terms of real halo comics. :(

Remember Off-Topic!

#49 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

It appears I have some catching up to do. Just found out about Escalation. hard when the country you live in never has anything in terms of real halo comics. :(

I feel ya. No Halo comics here too. Anyway, don't get too hyped reading Escalation. Every cliffhanger they make in an issue, it is awkwardly resolved in the next one.

#50 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Either that or they kill off all loose ends in the lore.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Oh yeah absolutely, I'd love to see the Flood in action.

That's what I believe. Furthermore, clues in the latest issue of Escalation point to that.

Clues? Do tell.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#52 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Theres flood on the Spirit of Fire. And I believe the Spirit of Fire is then found.

Remember Off-Topic!

#53 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Theres flood on the Spirit of Fire. And I believe the Spirit of Fire is then found.

Well thanks for the obvious. This is on a Halo anyways. A wrecked one. Not a planet.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#54 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

i think its a genetically modified version of the flood, that whole arm thing looked like flood biomass. 

https://www.youtube....5iGKfl_ws#t=107

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#55 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

At what time are you talking about? In the video that is, don't think I saw flood biomass.

Remember Off-Topic!

#56 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

At what time are you talking about? In the video that is, don't think I saw flood biomass.

i saved it to the point where the arm is shown(1:46), it looks like flood, or twisted metal to me.

Spoiler

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#57 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

Ah, looks like clothes or rag like things. In my opinion that is. Anyway, why would someone grab flood?

Remember Off-Topic!

#58 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

Ah, looks like clothes or rag like things. In my opinion that is. Anyway, why would someone grab flood?

Well, on the ship "Mona Lisa" ONI intentionally infected prisoners with the Flood just so they could understand it better.
Sweden can into gender!

#59 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, that was messed up, insane and, unsurprisingly, turned into a disaster that made good reading and watching. But I think they learned from that mistake.

Remember Off-Topic!

#60 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

You do realise the mystery spartan's name is is Randol? As in Randol the SPARTAN-II. Also those worms could be Lekgolo worms? Watch this for a look and breakdown of the trailer. 

Remember Off-Topic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users