Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

LseyrKBh.png

The Covenant were very well known for hunting down Forerunner artifacts and expanding their technology with them. Coupling that with their bespoke, “coach-built” approach to ship building (made to order), it would certainly be the case for a Prophet's personal flagship, like the Solemn Penance seen in Halo 2. Regret's Assault Carrier was known to have taken shots from the orbital SMAC array on it's way to the surface of Earth and lived to tell the tale, which suggests she was outfitted with advanced Forerunner technology, as the only other known ship to take such a beating was Didact's flagship Mantle's Approach.

This city-esque variant of the Assault Carrier will be our new Covenant titan.

Aor8RUw.jpgMKYdY5y.jpg

(Props to Lord Stark for suggesting this very thing a while before we were ready to accept it.)

• Centurian128, MrChipps, DGaius and 7 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Saves the trouble of including a hero ship class to the ranks like in ST Armad 3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 UNSCAdmiral711

UNSCAdmiral711

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Steam:lyredestroy
  • LocationOrbital MAC Platform

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ooh looks pretty.. Cant wait to blow it up into pieces!

• Lord Stark and Emperorfluffball like this

etchlh.jpg

#4 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOver in that Battlecruiser, and that one, and that one, and-

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

"Green light!  Green light to engage!"

Looks awesome.  What kind of abilities can we expect, and what's going to happen to the Covenant Battleship/Super-Destroyer?

#5 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

That's a fantastic idea!

Spoiler

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

That's a fucking awesome idea.

CAS! MOAR!

• Lord Stark likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

"Green light!  Green light to engage!"

Looks awesome.  What kind of abilities can we expect, and what's going to happen to the Covenant Battleship/Super-Destroyer?

Zero from Homefront has still expressed interest in finishing that ship, so we'll either give you the option of one titan or the other, or we'll slide it down to just another capital ship. Unsure as of now.

#8 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

It looks great, I personally would prefer this to the battleship anyway, Can't wait to see the final version of this beast!
  • ANNISTY likes this
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#9 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

*Heavy Breathing* I need it now!

• ANNISTY likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#10 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

Omg it looks so beautiful!  And thanks for the props   :D

• Unikraken likes this

#11 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Omg it looks so beautiful!  And thanks for the props   :D

With the distinct difference between normal CAS and the ones in H2A, along with the Canon Fodder post confirming the tweets you posted, it became a very solid option, along with the slow turnaround for the SD, it seemed like a viable placeholder that became something more serious.

• Lord Stark likes this

#12 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

If this does not make it to the titan stage, will it be possible to make this one of 2 randomly generated models of the CAS when we build the CAS? So as to put some sense of individuality and uniqueness to each CAS. Or is the engine unable to do things like that?

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#13 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

If this does not make it to the titan stage, will it be possible to make this one of 2 randomly generated models of the CAS when we build the CAS? So as to put some sense of individuality and uniqueness to each CAS. Or is the engine unable to do things like that?

Sins is, unfortunately, incapable of picking from random models when something is built. It can switch models of a certain ship based on research, however this would not produce the desired effect.

#14 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Sins is, unfortunately, incapable of picking from random models when something is built. It can switch models of a certain ship based on research, however this would not produce the desired effect.

Sigh, what a shame. Would have been pretty cool too I guess, but I guess an old game engine can only do so much.

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#15 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

YES! :D

Do et! Sounds like a very excellent idea!

Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#16 HarkenScythe

HarkenScythe

^Don't listen to that, it's HorkenScoythe

• Authorized Playtester
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:HarkenScythe

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

I like it. Model looks really cool. Cant wait!

Cole did 9/11

Oh I did?

~Cole

#17 TheHippie

TheHippie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

Will it fill the same role the SD was originally planned for? A "One ship fleet Demi-Titan"?

Also, will we be able to build 2, like they appeared in Halo 2/H2a?-Possibly using the same system SOGE has?

Having two Prophet-Coached CAS's = ~one Infinity sounds like a logical idea. And being able to field two "Demi-Titans" on the map would allow the Covenant to relegate separate fleets for Attack/Defense/Spread with more ease where the UNSC would otherwise overwhelm them.

• Azo 'Salcam likes this

#18 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

If I were to take a guess, would this ship behave like an Assault Carrier on steroids? Not being able to deal the first phase damage that the super destroyer would, but being able to keep dishing out the second phase damage?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#19 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

Will it fill the same role the SD was originally planned for? A "One ship fleet Demi-Titan"?

Also, will we be able to build 2, like they appeared in Halo 2/H2a?-Possibly using the same system SOGE has?

Having two Prophet-Coached CAS's = ~one Infinity sounds like a logical idea. And being able to field two "Demi-Titans" on the map would allow the Covenant to relegate separate fleets for Attack/Defense/Spread with more ease where the UNSC would otherwise overwhelm them.

Sins doesn't allow two Titans on the field.  +Regrets CAS being able to shrug off SMACs should mean its a match for Infinity imo.

#20 TheHippie

TheHippie

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

Sins doesn't allow two Titans on the field.  +Regrets CAS being able to shrug off SMACs should mean its a match for Infinity imo.

Sins of a Galactic Empire (SOGE) has developed a really clever workaround to get two Titans out at a time. But yeah, Regret's Carrier was able to plow through a fleet with hundreds of ships plus a Cortana assisted SMAC. You'd think it'd be able to stand toe-to-toe with the Mary-Sue of starships. But with the Infinity being more offensive and the Prophet Carrier being more defensive.

• Lord Stark, MasterBuilderFaber, ANNISTY and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users