#21 Nex Gamez

Nex Gamez

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Steam:Nex Gamez
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

I can't wait to see what this beauty will look like. Truly amazing. But I have to ask. Would we be able to see 2 of these on the field at once since in the screenshot above there are obviously 2? I know SoGE has a workaround for multiple titans. Just wondering though because I can see the balancing issues with 2 of them.

"Those who seek peace, prepare for war"

#22 ANNISTY

ANNISTY

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:ANNISTY

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

oh yeah! this has got me excited for sure. I love me some covies!

• Azo 'Salcam likes this

:ph34r:

#23 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

I can't wait to see what this beauty will look like. Truly amazing. But I have to ask. Would we be able to see 2 of these on the field at once since in the screenshot above there are obviously 2? I know SoGE has a workaround for multiple titans. Just wondering though because I can see the balancing issues with 2 of them.

The workaround SOGE uses allows for multiple types of titan to be built, but only one at a time. As far as I understand, this is a Sins issue.

Edit: Scratch that. I'm just stupid.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

At this time we're not really interested in having 2 titans on the field at once. We'll see if that changes at testing goes on, but right now we're working on a single titan build.

• David0425 and Lord Stark like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#25 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

Sins of a Galactic Empire (SOGE) has developed a really clever workaround to get two Titans out at a time. But yeah, Regret's Carrier was able to plow through a fleet with hundreds of ships plus a Cortana assisted SMAC. You'd think it'd be able to stand toe-to-toe with the Mary-Sue of starships. But with the Infinity being more offensive and the Prophet Carrier being more defensive.

SoGE uses so much fuckery in it's pseudo-coding that it's not even worth trying to replicate for SotP. We only need one Titan anyhow.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

'Tis a very sexy model at the moment, can't wait to see it fully texture-- It'll be wonderful, no doubt. I loved the look of it in H2:A, so if you're able to pull it off 100% it'll be even better, since I can crush some dirty Humans with it... Or blow it up with a nice big MAC shot.

I'm Idio, not idiot!

#27 Nex Gamez

Nex Gamez

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Steam:Nex Gamez
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

At this time we're not really interested in having 2 titans on the field at once. We'll see if that changes at testing goes on, but right now we're working on a single titan build.

Okay. Thanks and keep up the good work.

"Those who seek peace, prepare for war"

#28 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:50 AM

Despite the texture difference, will this Assault Carrier be considerably larger than normal Assault Carriers? This would definitely emphasise a difference in power, and also it would not be dwarfed by the larger Mantel's Approach.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#29 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:19 AM

Despite the texture difference, will this Assault Carrier be considerably larger than normal Assault Carriers? This would definitely emphasize a difference in power, and also it would not be dwarfed by the larger Mantel's Approach.

Present plan is to include a size difference, but not a significant one. She'll be the largest ship in your fleet by eyeballing it, so she can command stage presence, but she won't get anywhere near double the size of her CAS brethren. CAS are normally 5.3 km. She might be 7, 8 km at most. Her power is in her technological advantage, outright size disparity is unnecessary.

• D4RKST0RM99, SternuS, David0425 and 3 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#30 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

@Unikraken

Tell that to the Ur-Didact. 

• Riftis likes this
"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#31 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

Man do I love energy projectors.

#32 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:41 AM

I personally feel that the existing titan should be kept alongside the new assault carrier as a research option rather than being moved to a capital ship, although I agree that only a single titan should be able to be active per player. The model looks fantastic!

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Sev like this

#33 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

I though you said NO PLOT DEVICE!

or is a Prophet's carrier a whole new can of worms?

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#34 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

?

Yes that
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#35 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

I don't see how this is okay but the plot device isn't. It's literally a slightly larger CAS with squares on it. Regret's carrier was a run-of-the-mill CAS so I don't see how that serves as inspiration. Inb4 "direct SMAC blows", I'm going to logically assume that's a typical CAS thing since the other carrier wasn't nailed by them either. This is almost as lazy as what Bungie did with the plot device, only you're creating a different model for it. Sure, I'm not a dev and don't make design decisions so my opinion doesn't matter but from an artistical and gameplay point of view this isn't worth doing. The High Prophets were more than likely the only prophets with personal assault carriers anyhow. They weren't exceedingly rare but were pretty uncommon in standard fleet compositions so it's not like they could be thrown around for personal taxis. From a gameplay standpoint this won't serve any purpose that neither the Battleship nor CAS cannot. Inb4 flagship/command ship, the CAS is literally a fleet hood mantle and typically serves command and control purposes anyhow. I would have liked a newly designed ship (or that new Covie stealth ship) more.

tl;dr: I disapprove.
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte, Jaeger and MasterBuilderFaber like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#36 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

I don't see how this is okay but the plot device isn't. It's literally a slightly larger CAS with squares on it. Regret's carrier was a run-of-the-mill CAS so I don't see how that serves as inspiration. Inb4 "direct SMAC blows", I'm going to logically assume that's a typical CAS thing since the other carrier wasn't nailed by them either. This is almost as lazy as what Bungie did with the plot device, only you're creating a different model for it. Sure, I'm not a dev and don't make design decisions so my opinion doesn't matter but from an artistical and gameplay point of view this isn't worth doing. The High Prophets were more than likely the only prophets with personal assault carriers anyhow. They weren't exceedingly rare but were pretty uncommon in standard fleet compositions so it's not like they could be thrown around for personal taxis. From a gameplay standpoint this won't serve any purpose that neither the Battleship nor CAS cannot. Inb4 flagship/command ship, the CAS is literally a fleet hood mantle and typically serves command and control purposes anyhow. I would have liked a newly designed ship (or that new Covie stealth ship) more.

I was on the fence, but now I agree with you.
  • Crisiss likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#37 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Covenant ships are made to order though.  Song of Retribution doesn't have the same armament as Shadow of Intent or Solemn Penance though.  The Prophet's vessels are a different color from the other vessels though.  Also Regrets CAS is the only one that shrugged off SMAC hits.

"Cortana! Concentrate your fire on the first carrier. Admiral, do what you can against the second."

I see your point, but I think this is better than the plot device balance wise, and makes more sense than the battleship as a Titan. 

#38 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

Covenant ships are made to order though.  Song of Retribution doesn't have the same armament as Shadow of Intent or Solemn Penance though.  The Prophet's vessels are a different color from the other vessels though.  Also Regrets CAS is the only one that shrugged off SMAC hits.

"Cortana! Concentrate your fire on the first carrier. Admiral, do what you can against the second."

I see your point, but I think this is better than the plot device balance wise, and makes more sense than the battleship as a Titan.

I find it hard to believe that out of every SMAC in the sector that the Covenant "scouting" force invaded that not a single one shot a single round at the second carrier. Cortana only had control over the Cairo, not the entire grid. Malta and Athens were the closest and were bound to have at least shot a single shot at one of the biggest ships in the fleet. Your quote only pertains to the Cairo. Be it as it may that they are "custom ordered" it is still an uncreative and pointless addition to the game. Even if it is a better fit compared to the Battleship it still does nothing the standard CAS doesn't. This is the same concept as sizing up the Marathon, throwing a few more guns and titanium armor plates on it and painting it a different color and calling it a day.
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte, Jaeger and Sev like this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#39 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

I find it hard to believe that out of every SMAC in the sector that the Covenant "scouting" force invaded that not a single one shot a single round at the second carrier. Cortana only had control over the Cairo, not the entire grid. Malta and Athens were the closest and were bound to have at least shot a single shot at one of the biggest ships in the fleet. Your quote only pertains to the Cairo. Be it as it may that they are "custom ordered" it is still an uncreative and pointless addition to the game. Even if it is a better fit compared to the Battleship it still does nothing the standard CAS doesn't. This is the same concept as sizing up the Marathon, throwing a few more guns and titanium armor plates on it and painting it a different color and calling it a day.

There's no evidence for the other SMACs firing on it bro.  Hood is the commander of the entire Home Fleet.  He'd have just ordered the other platforms to attack.  Not to mention we can *see* the other platforms and none of them are firing.  And no...it isn't as I said all CASes are customizable and made to order as per canon.  Unlike Marathons which are ships of the line.

#40 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

There's no evidence for the other SMACs firing on it bro.  Hood is the commander of the entire Home Fleet.  He'd have just ordered the other platforms to attack.  Not to mention we can *see* the other platforms and none of them are firing.  And no...it isn't as I said all CASes are customizable and made to order as per canon.  Unlike Marathons which are ships of the line.

There's no evidence for the other SMACs not firing on it either. Hood didn't say anything to Cortana and Chief. In Halo, people far away from one another generally speak over radio or other forms of communication. Hood was probably giving fire control options to the other platforms as Chief progressed. You're telling me that in the midst of a Covenant invasion the commander of the entire UNSC defensive forces would just tell the other platforms not to fire? They probably didn't fire due to gameplay limitations or developer oversight. Or, you know, the fact that Halo 2 was a rushed game that had half of it's content cut out due to time constrictions. I'm not arguing about the customization point, though that does raise a question. Why not equip all assault carriers with that caliber of shielding? It's reverse engineered so it can fit on Covenant ships so I don't see why they don't strap it onto every single one. Maybe it is costly and expensive, but as we know the Covenant was on no form of budget. 

My main issue is with the laziness of the idea. The differences between this thing and the standard CAS are so minute that it doesn't even call for making another ship. It would be better off as a technology upgrade that remodels and buffs the ship as Cole mentioned earlier. "Forerunner technology application" or something. It is hypocritical of the mod team for making such a fuss over the plot device and then go pull something like this.

inb4 devs make the mod doesnt matter what i think

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and MasterBuilderFaber like this

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users