• Create Account

Photo

Halo 5 Spoiler Discussion Thread (DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BE SPOILED)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 fightin-first

fightin-first

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Sooooo I just beat the game, and I am floored. To put it lightly, this has to be the greatest story campaign for Halo I have set my hands on (save Halo Wars, nothing tops those feels). 

My general summary, I got a few complaints but overall I would give this game a 9.5/10, this is all for the campaign; I have yet to try multiplayer. The longer campaign made me very happy. After the let down that was the short 8 missions of Halo 4, this was a good change. All the missions had a good bit to appeal to them too (maybe not the bulk of the meridian missions, those were kinda linear), each one had a different aspect or objective that wasn't just going around to press buttons. How those interacted with the Story was also incredibly satisfying. The fighting was a lot more intense, and the enemy's were interesting (Or in the case of Warden, a bitch). 

Now my complaints are few, two major ones really. First being at the end of Blue Team. Chief and the others kinda just pickup and leave without thought, which kinda bugged me. I mean a dead lady is telling you to go to this abandoned colony in the middle of nowhere? And they do that without hesitation? As the story moved on that made a bit more sense though, as I saw later that they had a lot more story to cover than a few more lines about hesitation. 

Second, the God damn infinity high tails it like it's some frigate and nearly dies AGAIN. The way they toss this thing around like it has no weight at all is annoying as hell. If it wanted, and maybe with a little more time that thing would have came back to Earth and decked the Guardian. But instead it runs to Sanghelios? All I can say is: Lasky Pls.

tl;dr: Loved the game, but hated that Infinity acted like a scared little child again.

P.S. Cortana saying John at the last second, that broke me.

I still don't believe its Cortana that's pulling all of the strings here.  i mean we KNOW Cortana, and this... thing that we've now been introduced to is completely off from what she has ever been.  So either she's gone completely Guilty Spark level rampant (despite her claims to the contrary), or its only a fragment of her that's being used by some currently unknown force.

As for what those forces might be...... her lines about eternal peace and such SCREAMS Gravemind

"I am a timeless chorus, join me and sing victory everlasting"

This of course, is also closely related to the precursors, the original creators of the domain and the mantle.

plus there's the whole group of AIs that have now "pledged allegiance" to Cortana, which i'm betting is a similar relationship as the Collectors and the Reapers in Mass Effect, who are also extremely similar to the Gravemind.

That's my own little half-baked theory on what might come to light in Halo 6, of course i could be completely off and it turns out 343 just wanted to make Cortana the biggest bitch in the galaxy (speaking of which, suddenly Halsey's a good person?  can they make up their damn minds already?).

#82 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Dem feels I even had tears in my eyes.

355sec.jpg

also anyone know the release date of Halo 6 yet? want more of the story kinda.

YmSsY2C.png

#83 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

Second, the God damn infinity high tails it like it's some frigate and nearly dies AGAIN. The way they toss this thing around like it has no weight at all is annoying as hell. If it wanted, and maybe with a little more time that thing would have came back to Earth and decked the Guardian. But instead it runs to Sanghelios? All I can say is: Lasky Pls.

To be fair they have no idea of a guardians combat capability, had just been jumped by Cortana, and had no idea what was about to happen.

• 베이클라이트 likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#84 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

To be fair they have no idea of a guardians combat capability, had just been jumped by Cortana, and had no idea what was about to happen.

didnt that one AI say that one of those things is enough to guard a whole solar system at some point? I mean man.... that must be some heavy firepower right there.

But whatever I wanna see infinity burn.

YmSsY2C.png

#85 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

Sooooo I just beat the game, and I am floored. To put it lightly, this has to be the greatest story campaign for Halo I have set my hands on (save Halo Wars, nothing tops those feels). 

My general summary, I got a few complaints but overall I would give this game a 9.5/10, this is all for the campaign; I have yet to try multiplayer. The longer campaign made me very happy. After the let down that was the short 8 missions of Halo 4, this was a good change. All the missions had a good bit to appeal to them too (maybe not the bulk of the meridian missions, those were kinda linear), each one had a different aspect or objective that wasn't just going around to press buttons. How those interacted with the Story was also incredibly satisfying. The fighting was a lot more intense, and the enemy's were interesting (Or in the case of Warden, a bitch). 

Now my complaints are few, two major ones really. First being at the end of Blue Team. Chief and the others kinda just pickup and leave without thought, which kinda bugged me. I mean a dead lady is telling you to go to this abandoned colony in the middle of nowhere? And they do that without hesitation? As the story moved on that made a bit more sense though, as I saw later that they had a lot more story to cover than a few more lines about hesitation. 

tl;dr: Loved the game, but hated that Infinity acted like a scared little child again.

Welcome to the unclean thread Cole :P 

#86 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

didnt that one AI say that one of those things is enough to guard a whole solar system at some point? I mean man.... that must be some heavy firepower right there.

That is correct.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#87 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

Love that Sali 'Nyon was mentioned.

#88 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

SO the legendary ending cutscene

Spoiler

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#89 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

SO the legendary ending cutscene

Spoiler

That moment you realize Cortana likely still has the activation index from 04.  

#90 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

So I had some time, here is my Halo 5 rant.

I have finished it both Normal and Coop Legendary, got all the skulls and all the audio recordings.

I don't know if I like the AIs all going Skynet/Reaper/Gravemind/i Robot (i Robot is the best example) on everyone. I have always loved how Halo handled the Ais, how the Ais themselves tended to see themselves as higher beings and charged themselves with protecting humanity in the shadows, which can best be seen from the datapad logs in Halo Reach. They worked from the shadows to protect humans because they knew trying to enforce peace/their will would only lead to hostility. But then boom, rampancy is all of a sudden magically cured and before anyone can blink a full scale Ai revolution happens. It just doesn't seem right that the Ai would suddenly flip, even if given the chance for immorality (which didn't help Guilty Spark, mind you). I hope in Halo 6 it says that a huge number of Ai refused to join Cortana and are now waging a unseen war against the revolutionist Ai, like Roland and (I sooo very much hope) Black Box. So as Chief and Locke and friends are fighting on the ground, Roland and friends are fighting in the air waves and what not.

Does anyone remember how they thought Locke was going to kill Chief? How the trailers were all 'Chief a genocidal manic traitor, tax evading, polygamist and must be stopped', but then you play and Chief is insubordinate at best and Locke honestly turns out just to be a pretty chill, all around nice guy (being nice and respectful to Arbiter, being nice to Sloan, being nice to Blue team and Osiris.) This has honestly got to have been the most lie-y marketing campaign for Halo so far.

The Grunts sound too childlike for my liking to the point where they are just annoying. The Jackals sound worse, they sound like those videos of crazy pre-teens flipping out at their parents or yelling at lag and smashing their computer or what not. That being said, the interactions between the various races are pretty cool, like they will talk to each other while fighting you. I really don't like how many Covvies you end up fighting, particularly on Genesis. Like, Covvies are able to setup full bases and have working Phantoms and stuff but not a single Sword Of Sanghelios or human is able to survive? That annoyed me.

The enemy Ai is pretty neat this time around. Like, just watch them as you fight and you see them retreat and advance in groups in reaction to what you and your team do. The Prometheans are very unforgiving, especially on Legendary. The Crawlers will flank and get behind you and take you out.

Most of them missions are actually fairly short, even if their are alot of them, although 3 of those missions are just walk around and talk to people missions, keep in mind. Blue Team only gets 3 missions which is sad.

The Infinity needs to die. Just because it has a fancy Forerunner engine doesn't mean it can fend off entire fleets of Jul `Mdamas ships. Covenant ships were based on Forerunner tech thousands of years longer than humans ships were. Its literally a troll ship. Plot device

In Escalation 15 and 16 it literally takes on an entire Jul Covvie fleet, like 3 CAS and at least 30-40 CCS ships. Just adding a fact.

But that takes me to another point,

Are we supposed to like Halsey now? In pretty much every book, game, comic, audio track since Halo 3 any time Halsey is mentioned she is described as a big bitchy bitch. Hell, Palmer spends almost all her time in Escalation either actively hunting, or bad mouthing Halsey but then bam, Osiris rescues her and Palmer gets all buddy buddy.
Was it all a ruse?
Were they playing the long con on Jul or something? Why spend all that time hating on her?

So...Silentium made it pretty clear that when the halo rings fired, all precursor tech broke (including the domain/organion). I wonder how they will explain the domain magically appearing.

This, very much this.

The main "bosses" you fight, are the same dude with tons of bodies. He guards the Guardians/Cortana. He wants to prevent Chief from getting to Cortana, and Cortana does not want him to kill Chief. So they argue. But yeah this Warden Eternal has a bunch of bodies. You fight one at once, then later two at once, then in the hardest fucking fight ever 3 at once without much cover at all. Absolutely brutal fight.

This is how I beat them on legendary :3

https://youtu.be/uV3J1bsXsMQ

But instead it runs to Sanghelios? All I can say is: Lasky Pls.

Does it? You don't actually see Infinity or anything. Infact, a bigger question is how Blue Team and Ossiris managed to get to Sanghelios at all. I suppose Exuberant would of had to drop them of or something.

Not necessarily. They would of just been oppressing and watching over Solar systems, most likely lower level species home-worlds and the likes. They wouldn't have to be super strong or anything, just strong enough to defeat whatever the lower species could come up with. I think them not being used against the Flood is a good indication that they weren't really designed or equipped for warfare, kinda like regular police.

Ummm,

the different HUDs are pretty neat. Linda's is the coolest.
I guess that is it. Let the backlash begin.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#91 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

I think Microsoft has secretly shown us their plan for galactic domination.

cortana.jpg?w=480&h=266

ALL HAIL THE BRINGER OF PEACE

Also, loved the game had a lot of fun with it, the story was pretty neat IMHO.

The gripe with rampancy being "magically" cured is curious. Yes, they used some Forerunner macguffin to deal with rampancy, but I think that's fine. If you want them to explain this hundreds of millennium old forerunner tech and why it works and why it does what it does than you are just looking for things to complain about I think.

Thing is, much of the Forerunner era is a mystery, without this mystery the entire series wouldn't exist.

#92 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLooking for Forerunner artifacts...

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

I have a question, if Jul is gone, then whom is running the Covenant Remnant now?

It'd have to take some pretty big balls and planning to assault Sangheilios, right?

I don't plan buying and Xbox One or playing the game, but I am interested to know.

Spoiler

Spoilered that gif for ya... -Sloose

#93 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

I believe it was already going on.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#94 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:13 PM

Concerning the odd reappearance of the domain...

trap.png

I think its all a massive ruse. Lets think about this...

-"Cortana" gives Chief EXTREMELY indirect advice regarding her position and status in "Blue Team".

-"Cortana" never actually lets chief and co enter the "majesty" of the domain

-The warden (who has MILLIONS of bodies) only send 1 2 or 3 against you at a time

-Its an extreme coincidence that the piece of the MA with Cortana on it, lands in the only place "Cortana" could get fixed

-One of the main reasons the Forerunners had against the Halos, is that it would destroy the domain

-Wardens backstory is never elaborated upon. Why didn't he use his millions of bodies to help kill the flood?

-Every forerunners ancilla was at least indirectly connected to the domain. Why didnt any other ai`s survive the halos firing, by retreating into it?

-In the nick of time, "Cortana" saves Chiefs life, by doing some weird forerunner stuff to the Warden.

From these strange contradictory statements, I can only conclude that the "domain" doesn't actually exist anymore, and that the entire thing (Cortana included) was a fabrication made up by either the Warden, or someone else, for some insidious purpose. In Halo CE, it seemed that it was pure luck that the Autumn jumped practically straight into a halo. To recover the story, the halo team invented the "geas", and that the humans were subconsciously drawn to these things. Perhaps the guardians, Warden and Cortana are all part of some strange, convoluted Forerunner master plan. Wouldn't the forerunners have already known that the "created" were the true inheritors of the domain? Why didn't some prehistoric ancilla discover this sooner? This story has too many plot holes that 343 "overlooked". They have been put there for a purpose; to expose the truth. This all even connects to the theme of "Hunt the truth"!

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

Planks3.png

#95 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

I believe it was already going on.

Well I know  that but...whom is leading them?

Is it  Sali 'Nyon? I haven't read the last comic in Escalation (24) yet because its not in the comic book store yet. So don't spoil that comic please, but is it him or?

Spoiler

#96 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Well I know  that but...whom is leading them?

Is it  Sali 'Nyon? I haven't read the last comic in Escalation (24) yet because its not in the comic book store yet. So don't spoil that comic please, but is it him or?

Nah, Kitun 'Arach and a few other generals lead the Covenant at their final stand at Sunaion.  That's actually the question I asked that got posted in this week's canon fodder.

#97 Azo 'Salcam

Azo 'Salcam

Crewman

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:02 PM

Nah, Kitun 'Arach and a few other generals lead the Covenant at their final stand at Sunaion.  That's actually the question I asked that got posted in this week's canon fodder.

Aah, niw I gotta look this guy up. Thats good to know.
Spoiler

#98 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:48 AM

The cool fucking part is that in the first mission if you help Kitun help assault to the hills the covies for the rest of the mission help Osiris.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#99 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

The cool fucking part is that in the first mission if you help Kitun help assault to the hills the covies for the rest of the mission help Osiris.

Wait, what?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#100 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

Wait, what?

In the first mission of Halo 5 theres a part where you have to fight against both Covies and Promeatheans. Its the part where the Kraken says fuck this and leaves. If you help the Sangheili General there(who is Kitun) fight all the way to the door and don't attack him he becomes friendly and the Covenant in the next room are also friendly.  I thought it is really interesting, I hope that more games have stuff like that where if you don't attack them and actually help them they decide not to attack you coughfallencoughcabalcough.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte, SternuS and Lord Stark like this

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users