• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#21 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

You killed the Chief! You bastards!

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

So just to clarify the sepertatists will be the elites and the loyalists the brutes?

#22 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

So just to clarify the sepertatists will be the elites and the loyalists the brutes?

From the sounds of it... Shall I provide a link....?
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#23 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

From the sounds of it... Shall I provide a link....?

Please do I'm at work, and I would no like to explain why I'm halopedia lol

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Canada and I still aren't completely sure we're going to do the faction split like this. There is some room for different approaches.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#25 Defkab

Defkab

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Honestly, I can see the Rebellion Release to be fantastic. I picture Loyalist and Seperatist Covies, The UNSC and the Insurrectionists (grown larger due to the UNSC's 'naive' attempt to work with Covenant Seperatists), and Gravemind and Feral Flood factions.

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

You left out the forerunners

#27 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Honestly, I can see the Rebellion Release to be fantastic. I picture Loyalist and Seperatist Covies, The UNSC and the Insurrectionists (grown larger due to the UNSC's 'naive' attempt to work with Covenant Seperatists), and Gravemind and Feral Flood factions.

The Flood will likely remain as pirates so there wouldn't be split factions there, and you seem to be forgetting the Forerunners, which will be playable come Rebellion.
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#28 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Well can't wait if you implement the great schism in rebellion that would be bad ass especially in halo 3 the quote "they have us outnumbered 3 to 1 shipmaster.- Pilot;Then it's an even fight- shipmaster" and they were talking about the brutes in the same ships as them. So if you could do something like that I would never have a life outside work lol

#29 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

From what I can see, we'll probably do it this way (note this is speculation and not in any way shape or form official, so don't make it as such)

UNSC:
ONI: lots of experimental stuff, shields, things of that nature. Note that at the start, you are "UNSC", then you choose your faction later.
FLEETCOM: Better built ships, more ships, better trade (maybe?)

Covenant:
Identical at the start, but starting the game you choose which faction (similar to vanilla Reb)
Elites: At the split (say maybe about halfway through the tech tree), start getting better tech. Ships start getting more powerful, with special elite-only abilities. Remember that the Elites won the 3-1 (?) battle at Installation 00.
Brutes: At the split, start getting more low quality ships. Shields start to degrade (huragock defected) (if possible) and ships get weaker. However, Capitals are much more important (they hold prophets) and very much increase the combat effectiveness of fleets (think dominion in SOA2)

Forerunners: WIP
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#30 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Definition of WIP since weve only seen 3 forerunner ship types in the entire halo series, not including any sentinels.

#31 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Forerunners would be the Builders Guild and the Prometheans.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#32 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Forerunners would be the Builders Guild and the Prometheans.

True, but we still have to create concepts of ships, model those ships, texture those ships, and find out how to balance them effectively to make the forerunners the juggernaut they are

fortunately, we have plenty of time until rebellion before we start doing all of that

#33 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

From what I can see, we'll probably do it this way (note this is speculation and not in any way shape or form official, so don't make it as such)

UNSC:
ONI: lots of experimental stuff, shields, things of that nature. Note that at the start, you are "UNSC", then you choose your faction later.
FLEETCOM: Better built ships, more ships, better trade (maybe?)

Covenant:
Identical at the start, but starting the game you choose which faction (similar to vanilla Reb)
Elites: At the split (say maybe about halfway through the tech tree), start getting better tech. Ships start getting more powerful, with special elite-only abilities. Remember that the Elites won the 3-1 (?) battle at Installation 00.
Brutes: At the split, start getting more low quality ships. Shields start to degrade (huragock defected) (if possible) and ships get weaker. However, Capitals are much more important (they hold prophets) and very much increase the combat effectiveness of fleets (think dominion in SOA2)

They did win the fight but I believe all that was left was the assault carrier I could be wrong.

#34 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

They did win the fight but I believe all that was left was the assault carrier I could be wrong.

it is never confirmed whether or not only the Shadow of Intent survived, or if its entire fleet survived as well.

#35 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

it is never confirmed whether or not only the Shadow of Intent survived, or if its entire fleet survived as well.

That's it! I am emailing bungie right now to find out screw the neither can confirm or deny bs!

#36 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

I actually just looked it up, some ships were lost but it wasnt said how many.

#37 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Regardless, they survived a battle with 3-1 odds. Shows how superior Elite tactics and ships were. With the mass exodus of the Huragok and far superior tactics of the elites, they could win a battle of 3-1. If I was a mod dev, I'd implement that via superior shielding and special Elite only abilities that can literally turn the tide of the battle.

The brutes, on the other hand, would rely on the Prophets as the brains and sheer numbers for their strength. With the lack of any real technicians (Jackals would probably be the smartest species in the entire Loyalist faction...), their advanced tech (shields, even probably plasma) would quickly disintegrate. This would be represented as having bigger Brute ships, possibly with Spiker class weaponry, with extremely heavy armor and almost no abilities. They would rely on the Capitals for fleet buffs, and would route en-masse if said caps were destroyed
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#38 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Regardless, they survived a battle with 3-1 odds. Shows how superior Elite tactics and ships were. With the mass exodus of the Huragok and far superior tactics of the elites, they could win a battle of 3-1. If I was a mod dev, I'd implement that via superior shielding and special Elite only abilities that can literally turn the tide of the battle.

The brutes, on the other hand, would rely on the Prophets as the brains and sheer numbers for their strength. With the lack of any real technicians (Jackals would probably be the smartest species in the entire Loyalist faction...), their advanced tech (shields, even probably plasma) would quickly disintegrate. This would be represented as having bigger Brute ships, possibly with Spiker class weaponry, with extremely heavy armor and almost no abilities. They would rely on the Capitals for fleet buffs, and would route en-masse if said caps were destroyed

Also in the books they say that even thought the brutes had ships like the covenant most of the ships main weapons were disabled by the hugonock and they relied on innies supplying them weapons. Just another layer you could look into.

So the brute faction could have hugonock but they would be incredibly expensive? Maybe a research option?

#39 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Another way to look at it, is the Elites have been controlling these ships for god knows how long so they know the ins and outs and how to make them work better, where the brutes just started and only figured out how to fire the plasma cannons by mashing all the buttons.
  • Bornstellaris likes this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#40 damn_tall_marine

damn_tall_marine

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Another way to look at it, is the Elites have been controlling these ships for god knows how long so they know the ins and outs and how to make them work better, where the brutes just started and only figured out how to fire the plasma cannons by mashing all the buttons.

Not only that the elites, also respect the hugonoks. While brutes live up to their name, they only care about fighting and being the strongest.\
And the engineers are what makes the covenant ships truely work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users