• Create Account

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

What do we want to see in future versions of SOTP? (That are actually possible to do inside SOASE and SOTP)

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Sorry, but i do appreciate the amount of attention another mod is receiving, but please like i said, keep it on thier forum's if you like, i will go to TWC and make a forum all about TATW.

lol k

guise enderal is out in english for skyrim go grab it naow 

http://www.moddb.com...version-release

YmSsY2C.png

#62 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:16 PM

No, he's right, the Off Topic subforum is better for Total War discussion than this thread.

Never said it was't.

He called us all cunts 

Um fellas...

See? right there. I'm not the only one who can see this right?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#63 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:Cameron_parris
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

Never said it was't.

He called us all cunts 

See? right there. I'm not the only one who can see this right?

I apologize, but in america fellas has a different meaning, it's another term for pal or guys, or dudes. If it has another meaning to you, i'm sorry i didn't know that. I apologize if i offeneded you.

#64 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

Well as I've said turtling doesnt work at all for the most part, the amount of resources coming in relies on having an expanded empire with a lot of planets providing credits and numerous mining operations, that allows for fleets capable of defeating the covenant to be built and maintained. The colonization is as important in game as it was in the halo universe, if the covenant found humanity sitting at earth without the attrition caused across the colonies the UNSC would have instantly been wiped out.

Much of that accommodation would require complete rebalancing of the mod and would bring it away from the lore as well as expanding the development time exponentially and holding back a finished product even longer. Many fans want to see the forerunners and post war factions brought into the mod, we want to bring those to them as soon as we can, a rebalance of that scale would set that back a very long time.

we at SOTP try to achieve a strategic playstyle rather than tactical, think of SOTP as being based around commanding all of the UNSC from HighCOM. Our Sister mod Homefront is much more about tactics, focused on battles inside gravity wells rather than across a galaxy, basically from the perspective of an admiral in the battle itself, it might be of some interest to you. As well we've started development on Sins of the Prophets: Stellaris which may also be somewhat capable of what you're looking for, however it is in its early stages.

If you look on our facebook/moddb/twitter you'll find the Super Heavy MAC is already in development, this is a heavier defensive weapon for the UNSC however it is balanced on the number of planets controlled, so you might have to expand a little early on to utilize them if you're set on using that playstyle.

Also, because i've been looking into it. How is progress with SOTP: Stellaris coming? is there a link you can give that allows people here to look for themselves and learn about the mod?

• Sookendestroy1 likes this

#65 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Well, I've been working on some things for that... progress is good, and you can follow the link in my previous post to the moddb page to learn more. All I can say is be very hyped.

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#66 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

very hyped.

pls no I can't be hyped for anything anymore after fallout 4.

Star Citizen hype wooooooooooo

YmSsY2C.png

#67 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

Well, I've been working on some things for that... progress is good, and you can follow the link in my previous post to the moddb page to learn more. All I can say is be very hyped.

Now we see some pictures like the UNSC Constructor.

Can we expect any serious developments in terms of new ships, stations, defences anything like that?

#68 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

Also when i went to look, i didn't see many images, can we expect any new factions to be included? Or is there a limit to the things you can do just like on SOASE?

#69 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

Yeah the constructor is actually the Geneva-class envoy from SOTP. There probably wont be many "New" developments as we already have most of the assets from SOTP: Proper and are working to port many of the ships and stations into stellaris, however there are one or two new things we've been working on that may be exciting.

Those are the only images we've shared as the mod is relatively new... As well we're only planning to add the Covenant and UNSC as any other faction having a strong presence in space combat during the war time era doesnt make the most sense in lore atleast until post war. We dont have any plans for post war, but that may change as we develop more of SOTP proper. We hope to possibly expand the mod to include Forerunners as a fallen empire and the flood as an invasion event and maybe more eventually when we have more time to focus on the mod. However I would keep an eye out for it as we're hoping to reveal some developments pretty soon.

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#70 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

Yeah the constructor is actually the Geneva-class envoy from SOTP. There probably wont be many "New" developments as we already have most of the assets from SOTP: Proper and are working to port many of the ships and stations into stellaris, however there are one or two new things we've been working on that may be exciting.

Those are the only images we've shared as the mod is relatively new... As well we're only planning to add the Covenant and UNSC as any other faction having a strong presence in space combat during the war time era doesnt make the most sense in lore atleast until post war. We dont have any plans for post war, but that may change as we develop more of SOTP proper. We hope to possibly expand the mod to include Forerunners as a fallen empire and the flood as an invasion event and maybe more eventually when we have more time to focus on the mod. However I would keep an eye out for it as we're hoping to reveal some developments pretty soon.

Exciting stuff exciting stuff, all right well thanks for the heads-up, trust us when i say we will all keep our eyes open for any new developments.

#71 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Exciting stuff exciting stuff, all right well thanks for the heads-up, trust us when i say we will all keep our eyes open for any new developments.

who you mean by us?

YmSsY2C.png

#72 Cameron_2520

Cameron_2520

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNot Telling.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

who you mean by us?

I mean me and my friends, your participation isn't included, unless you want to be.

#73 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:36 PM

I mean me and my friends, your participation isn't included, unless you want to be.

ah ok. But yeah I pass this time.

YmSsY2C.png

#74 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

I apologize, but in america fellas has a different meaning, it's another term for pal or guys, or dudes. If it has another meaning to you, i'm sorry i didn't know that. I apologize if i offeneded you.

Ah Ok, No need to apologise, it just where i'm from its meaning is crap.

Shit man i'm sorry, misunderstanding both ways.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users