• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

im not sure if we should name it already since it isnt confirmed if it will be in the mod.

I'm just naming it for shits and giggles.
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#182 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I'm just naming it for shits and giggles.

ok, that works lol
  • MasterOfShips likes this

#183 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

how big is this compared to the seraph? because, personally, i would interpret the design of this as a fighter

I don't know, it's official Halo Reach concept art, so I'm assuming it was what the space Banshees were originally supposed to be. I would say it's a fighter, too, but it's easily adaptable into a heavy fighter/bomber and would leave the Seraph as the space superiority fighter.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#184 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

I don't know, it's official Halo Reach concept art, so I'm assuming it was what the space Banshees were originally supposed to be. I would say it's a fighter, too, but it's easily adaptable into a heavy fighter/bomber and would leave the Seraph as the space superiority fighter.

i was wondering about size because of those cannons, since, if it was bigger than a seraph, those things would probably do a lot of damage, making it fit the role of a bomber.

#185 gotterdammung

gotterdammung

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I know I am terribly late to this thread, but from what I have read whilst skimming through it, the initial plan for the Covenant sounds great. And I personally believe the infinity against the Covenant Assault Carrier would be a decent match-up. Cant wait to see how this progresses.
  • Unikraken likes this

#186 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think that the infinity would be a Covenant assualt carrier, it has forerunner shields, slip space engines and has a ludicrous amount of powerful weapons

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#187 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

i was wondering about size because of those cannons, since, if it was bigger than a seraph, those things would probably do a lot of damage, making it fit the role of a bomber.

Size of the barrel would make sense to do more/less damage if it were UNSC, but Covenant use magnetically held orbs of plasma as munitions and the barrel wouldn't make a difference. It would probably be the same size as the Seraph.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#188 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Size of the barrel would make sense to do more/less damage if it were UNSC, but Covenant use magnetically held orbs of plasma as munitions and the barrel wouldn't make a difference. It would probably be the same size as the Seraph.

ok, i come from a star wars background and for me, barrel size makes a difference, so i applied it here. But what you say makes sense

#189 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

I know I am terribly late to this thread, but from what I have read whilst skimming through it, the initial plan for the Covenant sounds great. And I personally believe the infinity against the Covenant Assault Carrier would be a decent match-up. Cant wait to see how this progresses.

Finally someone who sees things my way! AC and Infinity are perfect counterparts, there is no need for Covie supercarriers if we want to see two playable races wherein either can win.
  • Defender0 and MrChipps like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#190 gotterdammung

gotterdammung

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Finally someone who sees things my way! AC and Infinity are perfect counterparts, there is no need for Covie supercarriers if we want to see two playable races wherein either can win.

I agree,I think it will be tough enough for the UNSC even with the Infinity without adding another huge Covie warship into the mix.

#191 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I used to be a proponant of creating a new type of ship to serve the role of Titan for the Covenant faction to be released in the Rebellion version, but recently I have been thinking that considering the time period that the Rebellion version is going to be set in [post Halo 3 and supposedly running concurrent with Halo 4] it makes sense that there would be only a few of the Assault Carriers left for any particular Covenant faction to use.

Post-Great Schism, the Covenant suffered many losses to it's fleet due to friendly fire and with it's calapse no one faction that sprang out of the Covenant would have the facilities to make anything large. And the reason we start seeing the crappy CCS replacement the CRS Cruiser, a cheaper mass produced version.

So, in short I can agree with making the Assault Carrier the Covenant Titan as there wouldn't be too many left after the Great Schism and the creation of the Covenant Seperatists [who are only seen as having one] and the Covenant Storm [who don't seem to have any].

Spoiler

#192 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

So, in short I can agree with making the Assault Carrier the Covenant Titan as there wouldn't be too many left after the Great Schism and the creation of the Covenant Seperatists [who are only seen as having one] and the Covenant Storm [who don't seem to have any].

Correct me if I'm wronge but I think that the storm covenant may have one Assault Carrier. All the more reason to have it as the Titan.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#193 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Correct me if I'm wronge but I think that the storm covenant may have one Assault Carrier. All the more reason to have it as the Titan.

You may be right about this. I'm not up to date on my reading of Post Battle of Installation 00 Halo lore. Played through Halo 4, but that's been about it.

Spoiler

#194 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't know for sure myself I just remember reading it somewhere but I can't remember where
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#195 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

The Storm faction had an Assault Carrier in the first terminal that showcased Jul'Mdama.

Posted Image
There we go, one CAS, one CCS and several CRS.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#196 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'm a little bit confused now so cerecct me please if i misunderstood somesthing. The CAS will be the Titan(what is really a great idea cause that thing from Reach was only lazy bullshit design) in the Rebellion version, but we will stil be able to built it as a cap. version in the entrenchment version and the cap. ship version in the rebillion version will be removed.
I only ask because I would love to built 2 of them and alot of ccs in the entrencment version only to make a sucid attack at a unsc Homeworld.

-btw I'm the only one who is wondering why the second half of the Down is nearly as big as 1/4 of a CAS(6km)-Class!?

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#197 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

Welcome to Halo Lore, where the games overwrite the books, and the games before them, and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • gotterdammung likes this

#198 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

I'm a little bit confused now so cerecct me please if i misunderstood somesthing. The CAS will be the Titan(what is really a great idea cause that thing from Reach was only lazy bullshit design) in the Rebellion version, but we will stil be able to built it as a cap. version in the entrenchment version and the cap. ship version in the rebillion version will be removed.
I only ask because I would love to built 2 of them and alot of ccs in the entrencment version only to make a sucid attack at a unsc Homeworld.

technically, in entrenchment, you can build 16 assault carriers

this is unwise because a lot of the other covenant capital ships have very useful abilities that support the fleet, similar to UNSC buffs, but concentrated on capital ships

#199 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

technically, in entrenchment, you can build 16 assault carriers

this is unwise because a lot of the other covenant capital ships have very useful abilities that support the fleet, similar to UNSC buffs, but concentrated on capital ships

first thing i know that i can build 16 cap. ship in rebellion, i would build only 2 of them because i wanted to make a reverence to the beginning of Halo 2.
secondly, what i mean with cap ship remove was that i thing that when the CAS ship will be the Titan, it would not make much sense if you also can build the same class as a normal cap ship.
i only spoke about the different CAS versions.

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

#200 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

first thing i know that i can build 16 cap. ship in rebellion, that i would build only 2 of them should be a response to Halo 2.
secondly what i mean with cap ship remove was that i thing that when the CAS ship will be the Titan, it would not make much sense if you also can build the same class as a normal cap ship.
i only speaked about the differebt CAS versions.

oh, i was just saying that, once the covenant are released, you would be able to make the fleet that attacked earth in halo 2, its just that you usually dont need more than one assault carrier in your fleets. They dont follow the 3:1 ratio that normal covenant ships follow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users