211 replies to this topic

#21 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't see why the mod team doesn't create their own custom covenant super-carrier.

Who said we're not? All I have against it is the ship model/size from Halo Reach, not the ship role itself.

yLM4TEk.png

#22 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to refer to the plot device. I was thinking of the Assault Carrier.
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#23 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Who said we're not? All I have against it is the ship model/size from Halo Reach, not the ship role itself.

Alrighty then, now I know you guys are cocked, locked, and ready to rock a new supercarrier, can't wait to see what it would look like.
Spoiler

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Personally, I think the Assault Carrier works just fine as the Titan, it's on par with UNSC Infinity. They're perfect counterparts to each other. I don't see a need for a supercarrier, but if I had to pick one, I'd just rename the carrier Levi made for us, since it's the same size as an AC.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#25 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Personally, I think the Assault Carrier works just fine as the Titan, it's on par with UNSC Infinity. They're perfect counterparts to each other. I don't see a need for a supercarrier, but if I had to pick one, I'd just rename the carrier Levi made for us, since it's the same size as an AC.

so, assuming the AC takes the place of titan (and this is probably what will happen), what capital ship will replace it for the covenant? currently, they have 5 capitals, including the AC

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

How effective will Seraph fighters/bombers be compared to their UNSC counterparts? And how many frigates would it take to destroy a Supercarrier?

light frigates would need around... 10-20 to take on the UNSC supercarrier, cruisers would need about 5-10, and a capital ship would turn a UNSC supercarrier into molten slag

this is me guessing btw, i havent actually found a UNSC supercarrier while playing as covenant, probably because its so damn expensive lol

#27 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Let me preface anything I say about Covenant ships with this: The only ships we guarantee the mod will have are the ships you've seen in the official video games. Any non-canon ships you've seen in screenshots or previous builds have largely been models from other mods, that are very often not up to the quality our fans have come to expect. This is no dis against the creators of those models, as it often reflects the age of the game they are using moreso than their level of artistic talent. For instance, the ingame Reverence class Capital ship is gone. We're making a new model for it. You may have seen the WIP on ModDB.

Didact has modeled quite a few ships, though we still have several to go. However here is a preliminary list: Colony ship Levi concepted for us, Supercruiser from Fall of Reach, Superdestroyer from Preston Cole short story, CCS flagship, Carrier that Levi concepted for us.
  • PrestonCole likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#28 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Let me preface anything I say about Covenant ships with this: The only ships we guarantee the mod will have are the ships you've seen in the official video games. Any non-canon ships you've seen in screenshots or previous builds have largely been models from other mods, that are very often not up to the quality our fans have come to expect. This is no dis against the creators of those models, as it often reflects the age of the game they are using moreso than their level of artistic talent. For instance, the ingame Reverence class Capital ship is gone. We're making a new model for it. You may have seen the WIP on ModDB.

Didact has modeled quite a few ships, though we still have several to go. However here is a preliminary list: Colony ship Levi concepted for us, Supercruiser from Fall of Reach, Superdestroyer from Preston Cole short story, CCS flagship, Carrier that Levi concepted for us.

i was actually hoping that you would mention that reverence model, because as of right now, it wont be used in the current release, so im glad that the work done to make that model wont go to waste.

#29 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

reverence model?
Spoiler

#30 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

reverence model?

go back into the images a few pages, there are a few covenant capital ship models the didact made, theyre pretty good looking and way better than the placeholder models

#31 psdt

psdt

Crewman

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

I just think that the covenant fleet should resemble its depiction in the books. Seeing dozens of UNSC ships gutted at the hands of a few covenant ships should not be uncommon in the game. It will probably be rage-inducing at times. But hey what can you expect from larger ships with superior armament and defenses. As for abilities I agree that fleet buffing isnt really the covenant style. Theyre all about burning the absolute sh*t out of whatever gets in range.

#32 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Seeing dozens of UNSC ships gutted at the hands of a few covenant ships should not be uncommon in the game.

this is very very VERY common, dont worry :D

#33 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I just finished my main overhaul of the covenant faction.
To Unis specs, youll see non capitals have abilities that reduce their weapon cool downs, add splash damage, shoot multiple plasma torps for AOE damage spread
Youll see Cruisers and capitals using long range lasers
Youll see Capitals with their own abiliites that help their kill rate and with passives too. Some ships more than others to accomodate certain roles, IE support, Assault, Single Target heavyhitter ect ect.

Still a few abilities need to be put in place.
Rough Draft balancing has been done and just needs despoiler and defender to crack the game open and start abusing the new toys ive given them
  • Unikraken and Centurian128 like this

bDNWw7L.png

#34 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Rough Draft balancing has been done and just needs despoiler and defender to crack the game open and start abusing the new toys ive given them

*has already cracked the game open and is unleashing hell in the form of plasma* i love my job
  • Unikraken and Despoiler25 like this

#35 Despoiler25

Despoiler25

Old Guard

• Inactive Staff
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAboard the Infinity Class UNSC Inquisitor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

i love my job

This.
  • Unikraken likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Forerunner Cap Rush!
Lover of the Assault Carrier.
One of the "Old" Guard

#36 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Will the covenant cultural center be removed seeing that the prophets want to eradicate humanity and not add them to their empire? Also, will trading be important for the covenant?
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#37 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Will the covenant cultural center be removed seeing that the prophets want to eradicate humanity and not add them to their empire? Also, will trading be important for the covenant?

trade is pretty much where half of my income comes from for the covenant, so yeah, its pretty important. also, culture does more than just convert enemy planets, it also increases the allegiance of your own planets, which gives you more resources.

#38 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would've known these things if i played the game more. How much of a income/resource boost?

#39 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

I would've known these things if i played the game more. How much of a income/resource boost?

10 percent increase to tax and extractor income per planet in friendly culture, its based off of planet allegiance

#40 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Good to know. Do you have any names for the civilian broadcast station upgrades?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users