• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#41 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Good to know. Do you have any names for the civilian broadcast station upgrades?

not yet, its still vanilla names/descriptions, focus is on balance of the covenant right now

#42 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Trade is important, but its more important for the UNSC to get it going faster and earlier. The covenant and their powerful capitals should be expanding and only restricted by the fear of overextending really. A good covenant player will apply early and violent pressure to UNSC to make them choose between a fleet and economy. If you let a UNSC player get a fleet and his economy up (which he gets his economy earlier than you!) then youll be in trouble mid game. Covenant have a distinct advantage early, if they push that advantage they can force the UNSC player to stay in the early game phase by limiting his research and upgrading abilities essentially keeping him in the early game phase where the covenant have the advantage
UNSC have an advantage Mid game once their ships are heavier and their economy starts to eclipse the Covenants. The mid game will see the most violent and balanced engagements
Late game is dependent on a number of factors but thats where youd see WTF ships like Assault Carriers and fleets clashing in epic confrontations more often.

bDNWw7L.png

#43 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Late game is dependent on a number of factors but thats where youd see WTF ships like Assault Carriers and fleets clashing in epic confrontations more often.

and at this point in the game, your computer is going WTF over all the strikecraft, plasma torpedoes, archers, and MACs flying across the screen

#44 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Best way late game works is that the Covenant economy is going to be less that the UNSC if they are even at this point. So the covenant then have to tax the UNSC economy with massive fleet victories to crack them open. The UNSC just has to out produce the covenant with ship volume.

bDNWw7L.png

#45 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

(Give us your thoughts below.)

Perfect idea's, Bungie and 343i would be proud of this mod

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#46 PrestonCole

PrestonCole

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

So far I love hearing about the covenant. I'am a extreme xenophobe but now i'am starting to like the sound of me playing as the covenant. I think I already told unikraken but I think the covenant should be able to colonize on gas giants. We need some where for the covenant to breed a grunt army.

#47 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere the fun stays

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hey, canada, uni, do you plan on posting anymore pictures of what your covie & UNSC (and obviously later forrunner) ships look like? I was considering having these as my screensaver for my computer cause the earlier pictures were pretty sweet, & I'm talking about the final hidef version

#48 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Every time we finish a ship we get and post high resolution shots of the finished product. Just been slow going lately thanks to the nature of our child labor program.
  • Emberblaque, sloosecannon, Defender0 and 4 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#49 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hey, canada, uni, do you plan on posting anymore pictures of what your covie & UNSC (and obviously later forrunner) ships look like? I was considering having these as my screensaver for my computer cause the earlier pictures were pretty sweet, & I'm talking about the final hidef version

Go grab them off the moddb page, they're all posted up.

yLM4TEk.png

#50 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm curious as to how culture will be implemented for the UNSC and the Covenant, if at all. Unlike the Advent, the Covenant want to annihilate us instead of converting us, so they wouldn't bother with trying to convince us to adapt their culture. Its also highly unlikely that the UNSC's culture will lead to the overthrow of any Covenant colonies. So how will this all play out?
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#51 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

This question was answered already, culture will be used as is & will have the same effect as it always has

#52 Vrishnak92

Vrishnak92

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Also, thanks uni & canada
  • Unikraken likes this

#53 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Thanks U to vrishnak

#54 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

This question was answered already, culture will be used as is & will have the same effect as it always has

This doesn't make sense though. It'd work if the Covenant were trying to convert us. But the Covenant want to wipe us out through genocide. So why would they bother with trying to get us to accept their culture? And how could the UNSC's culture lead to the overthrow of Covenant colonies? Unless the Elites start buying hamburgers and listening to shitty autotune music I don't see that happening anytime soon.

#55 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Doesn't have to make sense. Just imagine that the covenant were sneaky and had splinter cells on your planet or something.
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#56 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

This idea's been rejected several times already, I'm sorry to tell you.

Godammit. You leave a topic for half a day and all your ideas are stripped, paraded and forgotten.

Ah well, march or die.

I have to admit MasterofShips makes a good argument, but you have to rememer culture is for friendly buffs as well as attacking the enemy. And both sides definitely would benefit from friendly propaganda for reasons blatantly obvious. Trade also shouldn't be an issue because I seem to recall Jackal ships traded with humans throughout the war. In terms of civilian happenings, my main interest would be in what the covenant resource economy looks like. For instance, do they get extractors? Or other structures. Instead of 'grunt factories' what about a structure that boosts population growth? I doubt that can be done but I like the idea.
  • MasterOfShips likes this

#57 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Doesn't have to make sense. Just imagine that the covenant were sneaky and had splinter cells on your planet or something.

I suppose, for the sake of culture already being a major component of the game. But do you guys at least get where I'm coming from?

Covenant - "Hi we're the Covenant. Our religious beliefs mandate that we destroy your civilization, glass all your planets, and slaughter all of your people. However, you should still join us anyway."

UNSC Colonist - "Okay!"
  • Moustachio86 likes this

#58 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Also, in terms of variety of ships, has anyone got an idea of what we're looking at? Obviously with UNSC the guys have managed to keep fairly true to Sins balance but from what I understand Covenant ships are all fairly multi-purpose.

#59 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

I can see where you're coming from but there is little that anyone can do about it unless there is some sort of way to keep Covenant culture from influencing your planet.
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#60 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can see where you're coming from but there is little that anyone can do about it unless there is some sort of way to keep Covenant culture from influencing your planet.

True that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users