#81 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Just an idea so go ape on me for this, But I was thinking of something the UNSC could research that slows down Covenant culture like 50% or something called "Elite Separatists" because when the elites left the Covenant it slowed down the Covenant for while and weakened them.
  • MasterOfShips likes this

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#82 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm sure we can come up with something similar. Let's focus a little more on other parts of the faction, this thread is heavily being diverted to a culture conversation that's already happened before.
  • Faced likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#83 MasterOfShips

MasterOfShips

MasterOfPENIS

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just an idea so go ape on me for this, But I was thinking of something the UNSC could research that slows down Covenant culture like 50% or something called "Elite Separatists" because when the elites left the Covenant it slowed down the Covenant for while and weakened them.

Growing Rift - ONI propaganda teams covertly spread messages across the Covenant Empire, sewing seeds of disunion and casting doubt in the absolute rule of the Prophets. For a time, this will also slow the spread of Covenant culture at a rate of X pecrent.

I'm sure we can come up with something similar. Let's focus a little more on other parts of the faction, this thread is heavily being diverted to a culture conversation that's already happened before.

Yeah, my bad on that.
"For Melisandre's vagina is dark and full of terror. Trust me, I know."

#84 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ok well also I was thinking for the Covenant, a research option "Enforced Labor" which increases the speeds of basically everything except culture by like 5-7% as the covenant enforce every civilisation they find by crushing them and enslaving them into work for the Covenant

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#85 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I don't see why the mod team doesn't create their own custom covenant super-carrier,

Because ehem,... Ther is the ah..... Assault Carrier....
  • Unikraken likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#86 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Because ehem,... Ther is the ah..... Assault Carrier....

There's a difference between assault carrier and super carrier, Bungie was just lazy and up sized the model and called it something else

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#87 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

There's a difference between assault carrier and super carrier, Bungie was just lazy and up sized the model and called it something else

plot device - Supercarrier (AKA plot device - Plot Device): a covenant assault carrier scaled up from 5.6KM to 29KM with more of the same types of weapons

the difference? size and amount of weapons, thats it :P
  • Faced likes this

#88 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

plot device - Supercarrier (AKA plot device - Plot Device): a covenant assault carrier scaled up from 5.6KM to 29KM with more of the same types of weapons

the difference? size and amount of weapons, thats it :P

Still a difference, :P

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#89 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Still a difference, :P

thats like saying theres a difference between the Imperial Star Destroyer Mk 1 and Mk 2

there really isnt, one is an up armored and up armed version of the other

#90 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

It should be like the Super Star Destroyer "Executor" compared to the normal Star Destroyers, more weapons and a lot bigger and a different design but keeping the same theme of the faction

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#91 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

It should be like the Super Star Destroyer "Executor" compared to the normal Star Destroyers, more weapons and a lot bigger and a different design but keeping the same theme of the faction

WRONG!!!!!!!

Super Star Destroyers have a greater variety of weapons, several redundant shield generators, and several power generators. Imperial Star Destroyers have 1 reactor, 3-4 different types of turbolasers, and i believe 2 shield generators.

anyway, the plot device wont be the titan, so this is kind of a moot argument...

#92 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

anyway, the plot device wont be the titan, so this is kind of a moot argument...

When will people just realize that the debs aren't going to put the plot device in the mod?
  • Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

#93 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

And to respond to you I know the difference between them.... I was making a joke based off the fact that it will not be in the mod according to the developers....
Spoiler

#94 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

When will people just realize that the debs aren't going to put the plot device in the mod?

at least some of us understand this lol

#95 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Are we discussing capital ship roles here or purely fleet ideas? Or do we have ideas for that already?

See that? That's my subtle way of trying to steer the ship back on course.
  • ahunter257 and ErrorlessErik like this

#96 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

And that's my way of being a complete dick apparently. I apologise, it's late. I'll leave this to simmer for the night and come back with more useless suggestions in the morning.

#97 Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*

Guest_Golly 1st Earl Oxford VC_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I don't know Moustachio, I think you're a cool guy.

#98 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Any covenant ideas can go here, but this is a place for larger scale thought for the most part.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#99 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

We'll address hull/shield repair mainly through research. We can't have you start out with everything you want at the start of the game. :P

works fine with me, my sins OCD makes me research everything anyway lol

#100 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Looking at the wiki page for the CCS cruiser it only appears to have pulse lasers and plasma torpedoes. And the glassing beam, flicking through other ships, that appears fairly standard if I'm honest. I don't know how useful the glassing beam would be in ship-to-ship, aside from giving one of the capitals (I think it was the Super-Destroyer) it as a special. But yeah, lasers and plasma torpedoes...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users