#121 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:17 AM

I can't say the new series is horrible, but it's not the old series. Halo has(had) one of the best stories imo. Although the books are annoying because of the fact they make the spartans sound much more badass than you can actually do. 

No it's not horrible, it's still Halo, it's fun and "full-of-feelings". There are even some good soundtracks (Legacy, 117, Nemesis). But, it's not the old saga. Yeah I can remember Fred survived an orbital drop crashing in a tree.

• Whitehalomango likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#122 Forthencho

Forthencho

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

A feature id like to see in halo is where you play as an ancient human version of MC. First you fight the flood, then the forerunners. The final mission is Charum Hakkor.
Lord of Admirals is OP.

#123 gideon rashall

gideon rashall

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

If halo 5 is bad I just give up on halo and first of all why did they bring back the forerunners they should have been extinct

#124 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

If halo 5 is bad I just give up on halo and first of all why did they bring back the forerunners they should have been extinct

They didn't, the only confirmed living forerunner is the Didact.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#125 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

I could rip you a new asshole with this but I'm gonna be a good boy and say I accept your opinion and politely disagree with it.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#126 gideon rashall

gideon rashall

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sure go ahed and rip me a new asshole I don't care. I want to hear your opinion

#127 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Spoiler
I like it, I like it a lot
  • MrChipps and DGaius like this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#128 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

Well, umm, holy shit. That looks, well, a tad awesome. It seems the Forerunners whatshisnames might be helping/working for the Covenant. Also, this raises a LOT of questions about the next and final part of Escalation.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#129 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:46 AM

Well, umm, holy shit. That looks, well, a tad awesome. It seems the Forerunners whatshisnames might be helping/working for the Covenant. Also, this raises a LOT of questions about the next and final part of Escalation.

Rewatch it you can see the Promeathens killing Jackals at one point.

On another note how about Vale fucking up that Phantoms day?

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#130 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:43 AM

It just happens so fast, its easy to miss things. A blur of colour, explosions and chaos, for better or worse...

Remember Off-Topic!

#131 Caesars_Legion

Caesars_Legion

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Steam:lava788
  • LocationGreat Britain, South-East England.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:19 AM

New covenant ship designs though.

As for the whole Promethean/Jackal thing, I can't see them fighting, but based on the fact both the squad of 'spartans' and the Covenant are heading in the same direction, and the covenant are attacking something ahead of them, it's probably safe to assume the Prometheans are just a FFA.

#132 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

It seems like Halo 5 is turning into a Titanfall/Vanquish combo. And that's awsome!

Planks3.png

#133 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

I just hope the gameplay is going to be as good as this cutscene!

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#134 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

It seems lazy of 343 just to include their opening cut scene instead of an actual trailer. :(

Planks3.png

#135 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

Well at least we don't have to hear someone whining (not naming any names) about the stuff not being in the game :P

#136 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:29 AM

So the Halo 5 opening trailer seemed distinctly 'un-Halo' to me. I don't know, something about the random ass fast paced downhill murder fest didn't seem all that Halo-y, or a accurate representation of gameplay, at least not for the opening trailer.

I can get past the super strong jetpacks I suppose, it being the future and all now.

• Zero likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#137 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:50 AM

So the Halo 5 opening trailer seemed distinctly 'un-Halo' to me. I don't know, something about the random ass fast paced downhill murder fest didn't seem all that Halo-y, or a accurate representation of gameplay, at least not for the opening trailer.

I can get past the super strong jetpacks I suppose, it being the future and all now.

To be fair that is pretty much how Spartans are decipted outside of games and trailers. Highly mobile and trained soldiers. The IVs are basically a Spartan 2 when in Gen 2 Mjolnir as confirmed by Frank O' Connor. Although Blue Team would have probably approached that far more differently then the Spartan IVs but that is mostly because they are child soldiers with sociopatheic tendencies and don't like showing off as much as the new Spartans do (aside from Jun and other survivng 3s who just like the twos don't show off much) I personally liked the trailer as it showed that Spartan IVs are just as powerful as the 2s but not as withheld when it comes to being a show off in a battle.

Edit: For comparison here is the Hallway scene from the Package. Here Blue Team wrecks just as much but don't do fancy flips and such they just cause massive death.

https://youtu.be/Bglzosd3QPU?t=389

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#138 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Dammit man, that always was one of my favourite things in Halo Legends. Pulling a knife out midfight then proceeding to take on two Elites with energy swords? Awesome!

SPARTANS are supposed to be badass super soldiers. We don't see that enough in the games, save for the newer ones and Reach particularly. Whats the point of genetically modifying 6 year olds if they don't do some badass shit? I never liked the 'slow' combat of the first 3 games, what without sprint. It was still fun but I wanna be badass, be a Spartan! Anybody remember Halo Wars? Red teams battle near the end? That is what I want! That is a Spartan! I mean, who didn't like that fight?

Remember Off-Topic!

#139 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:11 AM

I get that that is how the move outside of the games, but this is the game.

The starting trailers usually so... reflective. This was all 'bang bang, boom boom.' I guess there might be more trailer they didn't show.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#140 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

Halo cutscenes have depicted chief doing things he can't in the game since Halo 2, why is the movement of this newer breed of Spartans so shocking?
  • MrChipps likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users