#81 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Y'know this made me think of the re-release of Startrek the Original Series. when it began the studios just made straight minor cgi upgrades to all the special effects and model shots but gradually (perhaps due to fan pressure) they began replacing the origianl model futage with more modern special effects adding scenes that differ greatly from the original, it wouldnt nessecarilly be a bad thing in the case of a halo 2 remake (considering it sort of is an unfinished game) but then again,  George Lucas has shown how this can be taken too far.

Yes he did. I still regret buying the Old Trilogy with new effects. There are pink explosions everywhere, it's awful.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#82 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Well, thats what happens when your laser shots are red....

#83 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

To be totally honest, the Halo 5 trailer looks retarded as hell. I'll buy it, just to finish out the series' story and play the multiplayer, but I'm not gonna be happy about it.
I might manage to enjoy it though, who knows.

Meanwhile, Destiny is on the horizon. And boy, does it look good. It has all the passion, character, and careful thought that Halo used to have.

• CanadaMan7, Emberblaque, Defender0 and 2 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#84 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Anakin you're breaking my heart video

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!, Piceless

This one of those clips from the blooper reel, hard to believe this made it into the final cut?

Edited by Emberblaque, 21 June 2013 - 09:28 PM.
Removed video from quotation.

#85 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Guys, we should make a memorial for all those things in pop culture that were awesome, then the people who made them ruined them . . .

R.I.P. Halo

R.I.P. Indiana Jones

R.I.P. COD

R.I.P. C&C

• JasonAHawkins and CoSSpartan058 like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#86 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

R.I.P. COD

I wish they'd make more CoD games during WWII.

• Dianno5741 likes this

#87 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

yeah WaW was actually really good but that's only because it was the COD right after COD4, the last good COD Modern Warfare dudebro shooter.

If they did Halo 2 Anniversary, it would have to be left as is. I know it didn't seem like a finished game, but Halo 2 was my favorite Halo game and I'd hate to see it changed in any way other than prettied up graphics. Now if they gave Halo 2 Master Chief the Halo 4 Mark VI I would be rather upset (unless it's the MP Mark VI, which is actually a really good remake as far as Halo 4 remake armors go).

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#88 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

yeah WaW was actually really good but that's only because it was the COD right after COD4, the last good COD Modern Warfare dudebro shooter.

They can only make so many games where the Germans or Japs are the bad guys. Through out all the WW2 COD games us as individuals have probably killed more AI hostiles then actually died in the real war.

If they did Halo 2 Anniversary, it would have to be left as is. I know it didn't seem like a finished game, but Halo 2 was my favorite Halo game and I'd hate to see it changed in any way other than prettied up graphics. Now if they gave Halo 2 Master Chief the Halo 4 Mark VI I would be rather upset (unless it's the MP Mark VI, which is actually a really good remake as far as Halo 4 remake armors go).

So you want a Halo 2 Anniversary similar to the Halo CE Aniversarry? They Just changed the textures and made it overall prettier but left the core programming and gameplay/ story the same. Halo Anniversary was good but I would like at least ome new features, esspecially if released on the ONE (all that extra disc space). Maybe a split of story line seperate from the originals.

• Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#89 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

To be honest an alternate history post-Human-Covenant War Halo game would be way cooler than the shit they're doing at this point. Chief dies trying to detonate High Charity or activate Installation 04B and then the Flood spread practically unchallenged across the entire galaxy. Think Undead Nightmare but Halo instead of Red Dead Redemption and Flood instead of zombies.

• Zero and Aunt Gruntie like this

#90 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

I just realized

Spoiler

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#91 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

I just realized

Spoiler

GIVE MEH FORCE POWRS!!!!!!

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#92 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

I agree with this entirely, though I will say that I like the current Halo 2 graphics. Brings back good memories and still looks pretty good.

• Emberblaque likes this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#93 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Personally something I would like to see in Halo 5 is a fleet battle cutscene, like the Spartan Ops intro but longer perhaps.

• Defender0 and SternuS like this
Spoiler

#94 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Personally something I would like to see in Halo 5 is a fleet battle cutscene, like the Spartan Ops intro but longer perhaps.

Sweet jesus yes. GIVE ME SPACE COMBAT.

• SternuS likes this
Spoiler

#95 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Same here, I am waiting for it since Halo 3.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#96 flukehawkins

flukehawkins

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I just realized

Spoiler

Greg Bear has finished science/plot armored the fuck out of the forerunners.

#97 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

In Halo 5 do you think Chief is going to get/have a replacement Cortana (not necessarily Cortana or a copy of Cortana, just an Ai buddy)?

Maybe just initially but he longs for Cortana and therefore removes the new Ai, either just stores it somewhere or destroys it. If destroy could explain why he is alone, he got in trouble and potentially arrested/attempted arrest and therefore leaves. Went on pilgrimage to find Cortana or something. Also he goes all Rambo 1 with PTSD and what have you.

Spoiler

#98 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

In Halo 5 do you think Chief is going to get/have a replacement Cortana (not necessarily Cortana or a copy of Cortana, just an Ai buddy)?

Maybe just initially but he longs for Cortana and therefore removes the new Ai, either just stores it somewhere or destroys it. If destroy could explain why he is alone, he got in trouble and potentially arrested/attempted arrest and therefore leaves. Went on pilgrimage to find Cortana or something. Also he goes all Rambo 1 with PTSD and what have you.

No, I hope this is not the case. They've spent five years to characterize the Chief, and making him destroy a poor AI doesn't really seems a good idea to me. Perhaps he refuses to have another one in his brain and decides to hunt down the Didact, alone. No, I don't think he's going to have another AI buddy.

#99 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

The Chief doesn't have it in him to go AWOL. He's a soldier, and that's all he knows. He's never done anything in his life past the age of 6 that wasn't fighting for the UNSC and I doubt he's about to go AWOL when he sees his remaining Spartan-II buddies (they are supposed to show up in Halo 5).

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#100 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

The Chief doesn't have it in him to go AWOL. He's a soldier, and that's all he knows. He's never done anything in his life past the age of 6 that wasn't fighting for the UNSC and I doubt he's about to go AWOL when he sees his remaining Spartan-II buddies (they are supposed to show up in Halo 5).

I wouldn't say he was completely loyal to the UNSC - consider his refusal to follow captain Del Rio's orders in H4, how many more assholes can their be in the UNSC to get on the wrong side of the chief, if anyone has read glasslands or thursday war you will see the kind of people I mean like Parangosky or Osman who have goals that could conflict with the Cheif's morals- The Cheif fights to save mankind yet their may be others who would comit attrocities against mankind for their own goals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users