#101 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

The Chief doesn't have it in him to go AWOL. He's a soldier, and that's all he knows. He's never done anything in his life past the age of 6 that wasn't fighting for the UNSC and I doubt he's about to go AWOL when he sees his remaining Spartan-II buddies (they are supposed to show up in Halo 5).

Has this even been confirmed yet? The are kind of beating around the bush about this, WHERES FRED DAMN IT? (he isn't really my favorite, just my example)
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#102 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

The Cheif fights to save mankind yet their may be others who would comit attrocities against mankind for their own goals.

This, in a sense.

I heavily suspect the Chief will have a moral battle between the "follow orders to the letter" indoctrination standard in all spartans and his internal yearning to work actively to protect mankind and the people (or weird AI love interest) close to him. You already saw it in his decision to pursue to the Didact and it'll likely continue from there. He's too well-respected and high up to be completely "rogue", but the distinction 343i is making is that he's the one who's going to be giving the objectives.

• Capt. Gacob Skeeze likes this

yLM4TEk.png

#103 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

I wouldn't say he was completely loyal to the UNSC - consider his refusal to follow captain Del Rio's orders in H4, how many more assholes can their be in the UNSC to get on the wrong side of the chief, if anyone has read glasslands or thursday war you will see the kind of people I mean like Parangosky or Osman who have goals that could conflict with the Cheif's morals- The Cheif fights to save mankind yet their may be others who would comit attrocities against mankind for their own goals.

Parangosky and Osman are from the Office of Naval Intelligence, my dear. Two kinds of people.

The Chief doesn't have it in him to go AWOL. He's a soldier, and that's all he knows. He's never done anything in his life past the age of 6 that wasn't fighting for the UNSC and I doubt he's about to go AWOL when he sees his remaining Spartan-II buddies (they are supposed to show up in Halo 5).

Eh, they were supposed to show up even in Halo 4, but...we'll see what happens in Mortal Dictata.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#104 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Has this even been confirmed yet? The are kind of beating around the bush about this, WHERES FRED DAMN IT? (he isn't really my favorite, just my example)

Give me Linda and her rifle NOW!
  • CoSSpartan058 likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#105 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

This, in a sense.
I heavily suspect the Chief will have a moral battle between the "follow orders to the letter" indoctrination standard in all spartans and his internal yearning to work actively to protect mankind and the people (or weird AI love interest) close to him. You already saw it in his decision to pursue to the Didact and it'll likely continue from there. He's too well-respected and high up to be completely "rogue", but the distinction 343i is making is that he's the one who's going to be giving the objectives.

One of the few good decisions 343i are making.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#106 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Parangosky and Osman are from the Office of Naval Intelligence, my dear. Two kinds of people.

Eh, they were supposed to show up even in Halo 4, but...we'll see what happens in Mortal Dictata.

No they weren't, 343i stated that the second game was going to be darker and feature the Chief's old team. It was never stated they would be in Halo 4.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#107 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

No they weren't, 343i stated that the second game was going to be darker and feature the Chief's old team. It was never stated they would be in Halo 4.

Isn't Parangosky dead by now since Osman has taken over as seen in spartan opps also- seriously the Chiefs old team makes a return? that be awesome, guess thats something we've wanted since the beginning only playing as masterchief and hearing of his fellow spartans but never having them reunite ingame, course if they do reunite them they may go in the direction of Halo Reach and have them killed off one by one towards the end of the game.

#108 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

God I hope not, I was thinking more along the lines of Halo 3 where John is P1, Fred is P2, Kelly is P3 and Linda is P4.

• con7con likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#109 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Id rather have them be involved with the gameplay/story, similar to how Star Wars: Republic Commando had it. So, if youre singleplayer, you only get john, but you still have 4 spartans right there. Then, if you have 2, 3, or 4 players, the AI partners are replaced with players.

#110 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

God I hope not, I was thinking more along the lines of Halo 3 where John is P1, Fred is P2, Kelly is P3 and Linda is P4.

was wondering if reach could have worked that way, nope, cant have secondary players as characters that may die for a plot point so to have fred and co they would have to be imortal for the entire game as AI characters for you to be able to play as them throughout the game.

Might work if you have them in the background but not involved directly in the plot, I dunno, perhaps.

Suppose a clever way to have them ingame and involved in the story is to have 4 or 5 smaller campain mission sets, you start the game as MC and progress through the story playing first few missions before meeting up with say Fred, you then start Fred's campain and progress a handful of his missions up to the point he teams up with the MC then do the same for the rest- starting to sound like Halo 3 ODST but if this was a movie the pacing would suffer from this story structure and it would lose momentum from all the stopping and restarting for every character. It would be nice though to have a sniping mission with Linda, a sneaking CQC mission with Fred or a speed run with Kelly just to see each Spartan in their element.

• zaun3694 likes this

#111 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

There's no sign of 343i stating that Chief's old team will return.

Not here, at least. I'm now shocked by some news I've just read here, but this is probably fake.

EDIT: If you could provide the link of your information I'd be much grateful.

Edited by SternuS, 23 July 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#112 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

was wondering if reach could have worked that way, nope, cant have secondary players as characters that may die for a plot point so to have fred and co they would have to be imortal for the entire game as AI characters for you to be able to play as them throughout the game.

Might work if you have them in the background but not involved directly in the plot, I dunno, perhaps.

Suppose a clever way to have them ingame and involved in the story is to have 4 or 5 smaller campain mission sets, you start the game as MC and progress through the story playing first few missions before meeting up with say Fred, you then start Fred's campain and progress a handful of his missions up to the point he teams up with the MC then do the same for the rest- starting to sound like Halo 3 ODST but if this was a movie the pacing would suffer from this story structure and it would lose momentum from all the stopping and restarting for every character. It would be nice though to have a sniping mission with Linda, a sneaking CQC mission with Fred or a speed run with Kelly just to see each Spartan in their element.

Well think of it this way, the Arbiter wasn't in every Halo 3 mission unless playing co-op, so playing solo would be the preferred experience but Co-op fills in the Spartan roster.

There's no sign of 343i stating that Chief's old team will return.

Not here, at least. I'm now shocked by some news I've just read here, but this is probably fake.

EDIT: If you could provide the link of your information I'd be much grateful.

I don't have a link, it was information from before Halo 4 came out, but IIRC it was the same article talking about how Halo 5 would be the darkest. It was an interview with Frankie.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#113 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

This, in a sense.

You got to remember that chief did have the blessing of Infinity's second in command. But this will inevitably go down the Del Rio shit storm again so... Lets leave it at that......
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#114 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

I don't have a link, it was information from before Halo 4 came out, but IIRC it was the same article talking about how Halo 5 would be the darkest. It was an interview with Frankie.

I hope we'll see them in-game, but I won't believe such a thing untill I'll see it. Remember that they changed their minds between E3 2012 and the release of the game, we saw a mission that has been completely changed and Frankie clearly said "we are about  1/3 in the campaign". Did they build that level only for the E3? Maybe, but they could've also changed their minds.

#115 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

I honestly would have thrown money at my screen if there was a war going on between Prometheans and the UNSC or the Covenant at least, and four drop pods fall from the sky; the first one out is Chief followed by Fred, Kelly and Linda, and it goes to black as they run into the screen.

please tell me why you don't work for the Halo 5 story dev.

#116 Bellino

Bellino

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Doesn't even have the Halo signature music :/

I'm getting it though. Nothing will ever stop my fanboy-ness. 

• KhevaKins likes this

#117 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:26 AM

Doesn't even have the Halo signature music :/

I'm getting it though. Nothing will ever stop my fanboy-ness. 

You mean O'Donnell and Salvatori? I miss that music too, but they'll never come back.

#118 Bellino

Bellino

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

You mean O'Donnell and Salvatori? I miss that music too, but they'll never come back.

Just doesn't feel like Halo without their music :P

#119 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Just doesn't feel like Halo without their music :P

Sad but true. However it is also true that this saga is not the old saga anymore. Shocking, huh? What I mean is that in the old saga we had this struggling fight for survival, and the gloomy, theatrical music they composed fit perfectly in the games. Now, hunted turned into hunters, we are not frightened by a major menace, and we are not on the edge of extinction anymore. Thus, we need another kind of music, not sad but hopeful, something that tells us "we can rule again, we can regain our supremacy", which is a very different feeling from "we can survive, we can be victorious". We already are victorious. Now, we must conquer.

Or at least that's what I always tell myself when I hear this new soundtrack.

• Defender0 likes this

#120 Bellino

Bellino

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sad but true. However it is also true that this saga is not the old saga anymore. Shocking, huh? What I mean is that in the old saga we had this struggling fight for survival, and the gloomy, theatrical music they composed fit perfectly in the games. Now, hunted turned into hunters, we are not frightened by a major menace, and we are not on the edge of extinction anymore. Thus, we need another kind of music, not sad but hopeful, something that tells us "we can rule again, we can regain our supremacy", which is a very different feeling from "we can survive, we can be victorious". We already are victorious. Now, we must conquer.

Or at least that's what I always tell myself when I hear this new soundtrack.

I can't say the new series is horrible, but it's not the old series. Halo has(had) one of the best stories imo. Although the books are annoying because of the fact they make the spartans sound much more badass than you can actually do. 

• KhevaKins likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users