• Create Account

Photo

How to install the mod. (Updated for Rebellion)

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#241 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

"*If you've enabled the mod and nothing has changed you've not put the mod folder into the Sins mod directory, you've put the folder that HOLDS the mod folder into the mod directory. Pull it out of that folder and you should be fine."

I've put the mod into "Mods-Rebellion v1.82, same place as Sins of a Galactic Empire, which works fine. Is that correct? Because I don't understand what I need to do, sorry :<

EDIT: I managed to get the mod to show up, but now when I apply the mod, I get a checksum and everything, but for some reason, it seems to pause on the loading screen and when I tab out there's an error message. 

From the ReadMe file:

If activating the mod in-game caused SoaSE to crash: To activate the mod manually, copy the EnabledMods.txt file that came with your copy of the mod over to SoaSE:R mod folder mentioned above in the installation guide.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#242 drakelius

drakelius

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

From my edit, I was really confused, but you just cleared it up for my and I've got it working! Thank you :D

#243 Justin_2415

Justin_2415

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

Hello!

I just factory reset my laptop and was going reinstall this mod again ( It worked the first time), but for some reason I cant get this mod to work. I have v1.82, I put the unzipped mod folder into my Sose folder from the document folder under my username, and I went to the game itself and enabled the mod. But it didn't work. Ingame in the mod menu it shows the mod and give me the option of enabling the mod. After I enabled it and pressed apply changes nothing happened. The game is still in its vanilla version. the enable mod folder is the right one and I even reinstalled the mod. I even used v1.8 just in case. I feel like I did everything I could to fix it but its still not working. Any suggestions?

Thank you

#244 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hello!

I just factory reset my laptop and was going reinstall this mod again ( It worked the first time), but for some reason I cant get this mod to work. I have v1.82, I put the unzipped mod folder into my Sose folder from the document folder under my username, and I went to the game itself and enabled the mod. But it didn't work. Ingame in the mod menu it shows the mod and give me the option of enabling the mod. After I enabled it and pressed apply changes nothing happened. The game is still in its vanilla version. the enable mod folder is the right one and I even reinstalled the mod. I even used v1.8 just in case. I feel like I did everything I could to fix it but its still not working. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Enabling the mod from the in-game menu doesn't work. That's just a problem with Sins. You need to take the EnabledMods.txt file out of the SotP Alpha v.0.56.1 folder, and put it in your Mods-Rebellion folder.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#245 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

You're enabling the folder that holds the mod folder. Look inside...

#246 Justin_2415

Justin_2415

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the quick replay, but I took out the enablemod text file out of Sotp folder and put it in my mod v1.82 folder but it still doesn't work

#247 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the quick replay, but I took out the enablemod text file out of Sotp folder and put it in my mod v1.82 folder but it still doesn't work

Dude, you have to take out the SotP folder inside the folder you're trying to enable. You're trying to enable the wrong folder.

#248 Justin_2415

Justin_2415

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Thanks! it works now!

#249 Teslin

Teslin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:09 PM

I am having a issue with the mod everytime i try to play a map the game crashes any help will be apreciated

#250 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

I am having a issue with the mod everytime i try to play a map the game crashes any help will be apreciated

The series of posts starting from https://sinsofthepro...e-10#entry52230 will probably help you. Maybe.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#251 Sabetrusel

Sabetrusel

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

I can't get to the required folder to access the Sins stuff. At most I got to C:/Users/*username*/AppData/Local/. There is no Ironclad Games folder. Do you have any idea on how to help?

#252 mmeier

mmeier

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Steam:mmeier1986
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

I can't get to the required folder to access the Sins stuff. At most I got to C:/Users/*username*/AppData/Local/. There is no Ironclad Games folder. Do you have any idea on how to help?

Try C:/Users/*username*/Documents/My Games/Ironclad Games/...

That is where all my Sins files live.

Greetings,

Michael

• 베이클라이트 likes this

#253 Sabetrusel

Sabetrusel

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

Try C:/Users/*username*/Documents/My Games/Ironclad Games/...

That is where all my Sins files live.

Greetings,

Michael

It's not there either. I'm thinking I might be doomed.

#254 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:21 PM

It's not there either. I'm thinking I might be doomed.

Open up the game and go to the mods tab (from the main menu, you go to options I think), then click "modpath" (or something similar). It'll say where the mods are installed, and with any luck where the rest of the sins files are.

#255 Sabetrusel

Sabetrusel

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

Open up the game and go to the mods tab (from the main menu, you go to options I think), then click "modpath" (or something similar). It'll say where the mods are installed, and with any luck where the rest of the sins files are.

The problem is the only way I can access the games files are through the SteamApps folder, but it was already said that that was the wrong place. It was established that the place to put the mods was the AppData folder and it doesn't have the Ironclad Games folder anywhere. The mods are sitting in my downloads until I can find the right place to put them.

#256 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

The problem is the only way I can access the games files are through the SteamApps folder, but it was already said that that was the wrong place. It was established that the place to put the mods was the AppData folder and it doesn't have the Ironclad Games folder anywhere. The mods are sitting in my downloads until I can find the right place to put them.

Can you start the game?

#257 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that unless you start the game, no folder will be created in your documents

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#258 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

I'm pretty sure that unless you start the game, no folder will be created in your documents

That is correct.

YmSsY2C.png

#259 Sabetrusel

Sabetrusel

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

Can you start the game?

I've played multiple times, even made a map.

#260 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:29 PM

Do this 

Spoiler

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users