91 replies to this topic

#21 Moo Cow Banshee

Moo Cow Banshee

Prodigal Son

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Do they have to be controlled to win? Or is that just that one win mode?

#22 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

I honestly haven't played enough Rebellion to know for sure, but I would assume if you can keep others from controlling it you could still potentially just kill off your opponents. The capture time would be relatively long for our mod, as movement is kinda slowed down.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#23 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

somewhat similar in take and control victory condition of dawn of war, you control multiples halo rings and wait for the countdown reach zero.

Also for Forerunner titan, what about a fusion of some forerunners ships, I personally don't know what other ship can be a forerunner titan, aside of a small moving shield world, small halo ring or the didact's ship, "Mantle's Approach "

#24 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Mantle's Approach will be a titan. We're still quite a ways out from even really putting effort into discussing Forerunner stuff, so dunno about the other one.

#25 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

If i remember right the covie titan will be the shadow of intent type ship. I can't remember what the loyalist one was though.
Posted Image

#26 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

The Covenant Assault Carrier for both sub-faction, The Solemn Penance as loyalist (Prophet of Regret) while Shadow of Intent as separatist (Arbiter/Sangheili Covenant). the same model but with different weaponry.

#27 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Mantle's Approach will be a titan. We're still quite a ways out from even really putting effort into discussing Forerunner stuff, so dunno about the other one.

do the builders have any notable ships?

#28 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

For forerunners could be Didact and Librarian. Seperate titans but Didact offers offensive/military upgrades and Libarian offers economical/defensive upgrades. Could even have separate model colours (darn this American spelling) for the blue and orange.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#29 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

For forerunners could be Didact and Librarian. Seperate titans but Didact offers offensive/military upgrades and Libarian offers economical/defensive upgrades. Could even have separate model colours (darn this American spelling) for the blue and orange.

But the Mantle's Approach is the only forerunner titan ship out there unless they make another variant of the didact ship.
http://cghub.com/fil...749/353_max.jpg

The Open Battle-Ready = Prometheans

The Closed but Armored = Builders.

Thats how I see the two variants

#30 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

The only other ships I could see being the forerunner titans would be the massive fortress ships (I think the biggest was nearly 50-100km long) or maybe the super sleek council ship which outmatched the ships given to the warrior servents in all but the weapons. On the topic of weapons, how will the forerunners weapons be balanced, there main type of beam weapon they used was unbelievably powerful, I mean 4 of them hitting a halo in the same spot would rip right through it.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#31 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

i would avoid the fortress ships as they are even bigger than the Covenant Supercarrier Plot Device

#32 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Forerunner beam weapons will be powerful but slow firing weapons in our mod.

#33 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Also, To much power in that fortress-ship also the size is too big, The Didact ship is ftting for the mod, the size is perfect, the weapons too, and the most important, the variants (If you see more close in the Image that I posted, It show the rear of the Didact ship and its forms) for both, Builders and Prometheans

Another thing, question: what kind of color effect will have the forerunner's weapons? most of the forerunner ships and weapons (sentinels, prometheans) are blazing orange in most of the halo I played (or saw)

#34 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Also, To much power in that fortress-ship also the size is too big, The Didact ship is ftting for the mod, the size is perfect, the weapons too, and the most important, the variants (If you see more close in the Image that I posted, It show the rear of the Didact ship and its forms) for both, Builders and Prometheans

Another thing, question: what kind of color effect will have the forerunner's weapons? most of the forerunner ships and weapons (sentinels, prometheans) are blazing orange in most of the halo I played (or saw)

Currently blue. Will probably change though
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#35 Reaper_Armada

Reaper_Armada

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I didn't mean the one from Reach. You can use whatever model or some such as you want but the class and assumed statistics of the super carrier seem appropriate.
Your ascension will only be mirrored by your distruction. Your greatest civilisations doomed to fall. Our arrival shall darken the skies of every world.

#36 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

That would just make it like a refit Assault Carrier with improved armament. The only thing that doesn't make it an Assault Carrier is its size.

#37 Reaper_Armada

Reaper_Armada

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Ok well you can do what you want. I was only making a suggestion.
  • Shockmatter likes this
Your ascension will only be mirrored by your distruction. Your greatest civilisations doomed to fall. Our arrival shall darken the skies of every world.

#38 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Just throwing this out there for consideration, but does a Titan for Rebellion need to be a ship or can it be a unique station of some kind?

Also, regarding the fortress ships from the Forerunners; I know that it'd be game breaking on multiple levels to have a functioning one in Sins, but is it possible to make it a unique planet type or something along those lines, possibly an addition to an asteroid field? Similar to the plan for the Halo rings. Or have it as an aesthetic doodad of sorts, a little addition to a gas giant's texture/skin or something?

Spoiler

#39 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Just throwing this out there for consideration, but does a Titan for Rebellion need to be a ship or can it be a unique station of some kind?

Also, regarding the fortress ships from the Forerunners; I know that it'd be game breaking on multiple levels to have a functioning one in Sins, but is it possible to make it a unique planet type or something along those lines, possibly an addition to an asteroid field? Similar to the plan for the Halo rings. Or have it as an aesthetic doodad of sorts, a little addition to a gas giant's texture/skin or something?

Haven't played Rebellion, I'm betting a Titan is strictly a ship type, and therefore fundamentally different from a station. Unless of course you mean only the model appears to be a station, that's perfectly acceptable. We'll have a cruiser in the UNSC release that is canonically a space station.

I'd say a fortress ship planet type, or a fortress ship illustrated on a texture would be pretty lame looking no matter what the skill and effort of the modeler/artist. And they are definitely not massive enough to exert an observable gravitational attraction, unlike your mom (couldn't help it.)

#40 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ok well you can do what you want. I was only making a suggestion.

Reaper your sig is too big. Shrink that shit, yo.
  • Moo Cow Banshee likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users