91 replies to this topic

#41 Reaper_Armada

Reaper_Armada

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Reaper your sig is too big. Shrink that shit, yo.

The destruction of Earth is epic. It cannot be shrunk.

Haha of course I will, no worries.
Your ascension will only be mirrored by your distruction. Your greatest civilisations doomed to fall. Our arrival shall darken the skies of every world.

#42 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Reaper your sig is too big. Shrink that shit, yo.

Lol we should make rules about this...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#43 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Haven't played Rebellion, I'm betting a Titan is strictly a ship type, and therefore fundamentally different from a station. Unless of course you mean only the model appears to be a station, that's perfectly acceptable. We'll have a cruiser in the UNSC release that is canonically a space station.

I'd say a fortress ship planet type, or a fortress ship illustrated on a texture would be pretty lame looking no matter what the skill and effort of the modeler/artist. And they are definitely not massive enough to exert an observable gravitational attraction, unlike your mom (couldn't help it.)

Yeah, the more I think about the station idea the less sense it seems to make, but like I said just thowing that out there.

As far as the Fortress ship goes, I know there are quite a few people out there (myself included) that would love to see one of those things make an appearance in the mod, but I know that as far as scale goes that is nearly impossible. This was meant to be kind of a compromise. A visual reconition of the ship's existance without having to work on scaling and balancing troubles. [Alternativly, have the wreckage of one of these ships floating around an asteroid field somewhere. Like how Deep Reverence was in Cryptum, I think.]

Spoiler

#44 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

[Alternativly, have the wreckage of one of these ships floating around an asteroid field somewhere. Like how Deep Reverence was in Cryptum, I think.]

This seems like the most workable solution yet. It's up to the leaders if they think the demand is great enough to reference the fortress ship, or if they personally want them in the mod.

#45 Centurian128

Centurian128

Crewman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationKaalann, Skaro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sounds fair to me.

Spoiler

#46 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Only 2 ships could really be forerunner titans, The Didacts ships and the council ship

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#47 thefallenlords

thefallenlords

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Frankly I am more interested in the Infinity and how it is represented in game what with it's 5 or so different weapons systems and such, especially with what I assume to be its broadside weapons being a network of mini-MACs, autocannons, and missiles which should make for quite a show. Besides, it and the Mantle's Approach have had relatively high exposure in Halo 4 so we should know what each ship is relatively capable of. Not to mention the fact that the Infinity is one of the few UNSC ships that we've seen that aren't blowing up in a Halo game and one of the few (if not the first) to have what appears to be a directed energy weapon alongside the main MAC guns.

#48 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Only 2 ships could really be forerunner titans, The Didacts ships and the council ship

There is a Image of the Council Ship?

Frankly I am more interested in the Infinity and how it is represented in game what with it's 5 or so different weapons systems and such, especially with what I assume to be its broadside weapons being a network of mini-MACs, autocannons, and missiles which should make for quite a show. Besides, it and the Mantle's Approach have had relatively high exposure in Halo 4 so we should know what each ship is relatively capable of. Not to mention the fact that the Infinity is one of the few UNSC ships that we've seen that aren't blowing up in a Halo game and one of the few (if not the first) to have what appears to be a directed energy weapon alongside the main MAC guns.

Well, Since Infinity is no anymore a last resort ship but a exploration ship

That ship have forerunner and covenant technology in it, no mention that is large compared to an assault carrier and its armored (enough to ram and behead an assault carrier in just exiting slipspace and be undamaged aftermath) numerous hangars even squadrons of charon-class Light frigates inside.

#49 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

It was able to ram the ship because of shields.
  • PrestonCole likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#50 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

It was able to ram the ship because of shields.

and because of acceleration due to exiting slipspace

#51 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

and because of acceleration due to exiting slipspace

I'm talking about why it survived the collision.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#52 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm talking about why it survived the collision.

oh, i thought you meant why the CCS was snapped like a twig

#53 Necrontyr

Necrontyr

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but regarding wanting to see one of the Forerunner fortress ships, it could be put in as part of the map. I remember, way back in the day, playing a space RTS called O.R.B. in which some of the maps were played in star systems where planets had been destroyed and wreckage of massive space battles littered the area. I also remember how awesome it felt to be exploring a map where there was evidence of long forgotten empires fighting battles for unknown reasons with unimaginable firepower (which I feel encompasses the Forerunners quite well). Plus, it was just bad ass to see a map where a world had a crater the size of a continent in it. Such things drive the imagination...Just a thought.

#54 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but regarding wanting to see one of the Forerunner fortress ships, it could be put in as part of the map. I remember, way back in the day, playing a space RTS called O.R.B. in which some of the maps were played in star systems where planets had been destroyed and wreckage of massive space battles littered the area. I also remember how awesome it felt to be exploring a map where there was evidence of long forgotten empires fighting battles for unknown reasons with unimaginable firepower (which I feel encompasses the Forerunners quite well). Plus, it was just bad ass to see a map where a world had a crater the size of a continent in it. Such things drive the imagination...Just a thought.

I remember that RTS as well, however there is not worlds in halo that have been... broken with crater of that size, but it can be possible for unfinished or damaged shield worlds as type of planet... I wonded if in the future we can see this http://fc00.devianta...ed1cb89b63b.jpg as planet type.

Also a unfinished requiem-like world should be nice, the external shell around the world unfinished and the internal world visible.

#55 Necrontyr

Necrontyr

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

In the 7th mission of Halo 4, there is such a planet that Installation 03 orbits. In any case, these planets could be a sort of un-colonizible gravity well just as gas giants are. Aspects such as these could do a lot to increase the dramatic feel of the game.

@ 00:34.

And that is an amazing piece of artwork.

#56 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

In the book cryptum it describes the ship as silken, immediate, unconstrained power

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#57 VDNKh

VDNKh

Creator of Worlds

• Inactive Staff
  • 344 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Alright I have to bite. Why won't the Convenant Supercarrier be making an appearance? Arn't they canon from the books?
"Well if the AI is so retarded the answer is simple, just make the player dumber too."

- Ancient Modding Proverb

#58 firelordzx5

firelordzx5

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

The SuperCarrier is a massive ship, probarbly the half-side of a halo, Almost invincible, the only way to destroy that thing is... a slipspace bomb...

#59 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Alright I have to bite. Why won't the Convenant Supercarrier be making an appearance? Arn't they canon from the books?

He doth asked... THE QUESTION

Because Uni hates it... for pretty valid reasons too... but yeah, that's why...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#60 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

ok, take a 27 Kilometer long ship, add in all the canon weapons, give it the strikecraft complement of the actual thing

AND BALANCE IT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users