• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

fall of Reach reenactment idea's and do u want to?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

i really,really,really want to reenact the fall of Reach space battle as so

Battle_of_Reach_by_Spartan999.jpg

but this is going to be a map selection and idk if u can program this but  have the MAC stations have a "rapid fire" ability when there over reach instead of 5 seconds to wait in between  shots its 2 seconds and does x2 damage but in doing this the MACs are 1 shoted by anything above a cruiser! and the "cradles" get the ability when there in orbit above Reach they can act as a shield and take incoming any plasma fire for a short time, but this takes away there healing ability also the specs of the battle as well as the MAC ability to 1 shot anything cruiser and below!

UNSC LOSSES

• Over 130 ships
  • 20 Super MAC Cannons
  • 3 Refit and repair stations

covi losses

id record that and post it on youtube! but fyi this is a rebellion idea 

comments, btw idk how to put a "spoiler on image can some do that please

#2 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'm not sure the re-balance you suggest is a good idea, it kinda alterates everything in the game. Furthermore, having about 500 ships fighting at the same time in the same area...I don't know. And who should we fight as? UNSC, whose defeat is clear like the Kobayashi Maru, or Covenant, whose victory is effortless and, to quote the good old Combat Evolved, "yet final victory will leave you wanting more"?

• haseo yashimora and Sneer like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#3 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

This would be great to do as an animation, in blender or a program like that.

• Dianno5741, D4RKST0RM99 and haseo yashimora like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#4 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'm not sure the re-balance you suggest is a good idea, it kinda alterates everything in the game. Furthermore, having about 500 ships fighting at the same time in the same area...I don't know. And who should we fight as? UNSC, whose defeat is clear like the Kobayashi Maru, or Covenant, whose victory is effortless and, to quote the good old Combat Evolved, "yet final victory will leave you wanting more"?

u got a point i do like bornstellers idea anyway

#5 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

I could give it a try in animation, i'd just need to models and textures of the ships, and learn how to render the animation afterwards.

• haseo yashimora likes this

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#6 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

I could give it a try in animation, i'd just need to models and textures of the ships, and learn how to render the animation afterwards.

Way ahead of you. I'm learning how to animate now, if I were provided the right models and textures I could do this.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#7 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

I know how to animate, i just don't know how to make the end result look like the movie versions

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#8 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:29 AM

I know how to animate, i just don't know how to make the end result look like the movie versions

That takes alot of effort and time. It mainly comes down to the particle effects, lights and things like that.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#9 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

That takes alot of effort and time. It mainly comes down to the particle effects, lights and things like that.

in the end it be worth it THINK the intro to the Rebellion SOTP and 1 million+ views on youtube!

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

in the end it be worth it THINK the intro to the Rebellion SOTP and 1 million+ views on youtube!

Only if they put this as soundtrack. Then there would be the POA problem. Was she landed on Reach as the game suggests, or was she in the space as the book suggests?

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#11 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

The books are usually right.

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#12 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Only if they put this as soundtrack. Then there would be the POA problem. Was she landed on Reach as the game suggests, or was she in the space as the book suggests?

If I did this. Then she would be fighting the supercruiser above reach, not docked on reach.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#13 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

If I did this. Then she would be fighting the supercruiser above reach, not docked on reach.

Same here.

The books are usually right.

That's not completely true. Especially when the book comes AFTER the game/movie. When you want to develop a story for your videogame, you don't wanna really screw it up just to follow the books. Don't get me wrong, I dislike what Bungie did, but I still look at them as the creators of Halo, and I still look at them as the best.

#14 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

They rewrote The Fall of Reach to fit the game.  All newer versions started with the PoA docked on Reach.  That REALLY annoyed me when I found out.

#15 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

They rewrote The Fall of Reach to fit the game.  All newer versions started with the PoA docked on Reach.  That REALLY annoyed me when I found out.

they didnt rewrite Fall of Reach, frankie has confirmed without going into detail that both the Noble team story line and the books fit together into the one chain of events.

#16 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

they didnt rewrite Fall of Reach, frankie has confirmed without going into detail that both the Noble team story line and the books fit together into the one chain of events.

That's impossible though! Master Chief wasn't in cryo sleep during the Battle of Reach. (and that's just one broken chain link)

Don't read this signature.

#17 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Whatever the case. The games take precedent. Rewrite or not.

It's like Star Wars cannon where the movies are the definitive source. Everything else is only cannon until a movie says otherwise.

#18 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

How did they do that? The PoA was in space during the battle of Reach. 

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#19 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

Whatever the case. The games take precedent. Rewrite or not.

It's like Star Wars cannon where the movies are the definitive source. Everything else is only cannon until a movie says otherwise.

I prefer the books over Halo Reach, so I pretty much pretend Halo Reach doesnt exist

#20 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

I prefer the books over Halo Reach, so I pretty much pretend Halo Reach doesnt exist

Well you don't have a choice. The game is the final cannon and that's it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users