• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

fall of Reach reenactment idea's and do u want to?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Well you don't have a choice. The game is the final cannon and that's it.

Screw the final canon then. I'll take the better (precedent) canon over it.

• Bornstellaris and Deathscythe1992 like this
Don't read this signature.

#22 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm with you there Dhoulmegus.

• Deathscythe1992 likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#23 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I've seen the time line explained some where I'll look for it.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#24 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

i love how this turned into a descution but i rather watch or play the Fall of Reach space battle, anyone agree?

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#25 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

Here is Kheva's explanation with a link....

It all makes sense if you accurately look at the times and dates. Looking at the time line accurately fixes almost all problems with Halo law.
The covenant you fight are a strike force. ONI knew the Covenant attack was imminent. Halsey saw NOBLE team but didn't know they were spartan 3's. She thought they were spartan 2's but they were trained secretly. The thing NOBLE 6 transports is a copy of Cortana, it holds all the latest Forerunner decryption they got from the artifact, it is not Cortana herself. The Pillar on Reach is there after Gamma station. It lands after Chief goes into cryo.

They played fast and loose with the time line but if you scrint you can accept it with a minimum of grumbling.

http://halo.wikia.co...i/Fall_of_Reach
  • haseo yashimora likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#26 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Here is Kheva's explanation with a link....

It all makes sense if you accurately look at the times and dates. Looking at the time line accurately fixes almost all problems with Halo law.
The covenant you fight are a strike force. ONI knew the Covenant attack was imminent. Halsey saw NOBLE team but didn't know they were spartan 3's. She thought they were spartan 2's but they were trained secretly. The thing NOBLE 6 transports is a copy of Cortana, it holds all the latest Forerunner decryption they got from the artifact, it is not Cortana herself. The Pillar on Reach is there after Gamma station. It lands after Chief goes into cryo.

They played fast and loose with the time line but if you scrint you can accept it with a minimum of grumbling.

http://halo.wikia.co...i/Fall_of_Reach

Y'know that kinda makes sense, after Gamma station the POA would be ready to leave but gets a last minute message from Halsey to pick up something they could'nt leave behind- their last best chance to fight the covenant through the Forerunner enhanced version of Cortana, we've even seen times were Cortana and more recently Black Box splinter off fragments of themselves to perform other tasks then later re-absorb them gaining the lesser version of themselves knowledge and experiences,

#27 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm with you there Dhoulmegus.

I am in agreement.  Halo Reach was just a joke anyways.  In comparison to Bungie's other amazing works I had no idea what they were thinking.

#28 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

They should have down Halo Reach about Red Team. Fred and the rest of the Spartan II's. They were on Reach, trying to protect the SMAC power generators.

• D4RKST0RM99 and Deathscythe1992 like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#29 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

They should have down Halo Reach about Red Team. Fred and the rest of the Spartan II's. They were on Reach, trying to protect the SMAC power generators.

That would have been amazing, it could even have pushed all the way up until First Strike when they are recovered.

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#30 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:40 AM

I am in agreement.  Halo Reach was just a joke anyways.  In comparison to Bungie's other amazing works I had no idea what they were thinking.

What they were thinking? They were thinking at their contract with Micro$oft where they were asked to produce 6 games in a 10-year period. In 2007 they announced the detachment from MS, with 3 games left to do in 3 years, and they took the best decision: to extend the Universe they created so far instead of doing a knocked-up Halo 4. We met brave ODSTs, we defeated an Arbiter and his army, we tried to save Reach with a group of Spartan III. Bungie managed to create not 1, not 2, but 4 characters (twice) so well made and characterized we didn't need a book to explain us who they were. They appeared out of nowhere and we fell in love with them at first sight. In Halo 4 we have 2 characters: Master Chief and Cortana, and they already existed. Stop. We see Lasky three times, three times in game, the Didact starts fighting everyone for no apparent reason and if you don't have a Gold account and if you don't play S-Ops you don't even know who's leading the Covenant and WHY!

If you haven't read the books and you play the games, from CE to Reach you understand barely everything, while Halo 4 is a mess. Bungie managed to create 6 games and a Universe without the need of any book.

• Emberblaque likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#31 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

What they were thinking? They were thinking at their contract with Micro$oft where they were asked to produce 6 games in a 10-year period. In 2007 they announced the detachment from MS, with 3 games left to do in 3 years, and they took the best decision: to extend the Universe they created so far instead of doing a knocked-up Halo 4. We met brave ODSTs, we defeated an Arbiter and his army, we tried to save Reach with a group of Spartan III. Bungie managed to create not 1, not 2, but 4 characters (twice) so well made and characterized we didn't need a book to explain us who they were. They appeared out of nowhere and we fell in love with them at first sight. In Halo 4 we have 2 characters: Master Chief and Cortana, and they already existed. Stop. We see Lasky three times, three times in game, the Didact starts fighting everyone for no apparent reason and if you don't have a Gold account and if you don't play S-Ops you don't even know who's leading the Covenant and WHY!

If you haven't read the books and you play the games, from CE to Reach you understand barely everything, while Halo 4 is a mess. Bungie managed to create 6 games and a Universe without the need of any book.

i didnt read the books and i understood what was going on in halo 4

#32 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

i didnt read the books and i understood what was going on in halo 4

Yeah I uderstand it too after 10 months.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#33 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yeah I uderstand it too after 10 months.

no, i just understood the story of the game, and then i looked up who jul was after i played spartan ops.

#34 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

no, i just understood the story of the game, and then i looked up who jul was after i played spartan ops.

Yes you see? After you played Spartan Ops. I don't have a Gold account, but so far I could understand every story of every game. Now I can't. Yes, I can understand generally the plot, but then? Why is Lasky surprised of Chief calling him "sir"? Why did Humans attack Forerunners? Who are these new Spartans? Why does Infinity have Forerunner engines? Where is the Arbiter, and what about Hood? But the biggest question would be: why are the Covenant still there? Didn't we destroy them? Weren't Elites allies of us?

See? If you play that game, even Spartan Ops, you don't get answers to these questions.

#35 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yes you see? After you played Spartan Ops. I don't have a Gold account, but so far I could understand every story of every game. Now I can't. Yes, I can understand generally the plot, but then? Why is Lasky surprised of Chief calling him "sir"? Why did Humans attack Forerunners? Who are these new Spartans? Why does Infinity have Forerunner engines? Where is the Arbiter, and what about Hood? But the biggest question would be: why are the Covenant still there? Didn't we destroy them? Weren't Elites allies of us?

See? If you play that game, even Spartan Ops, you don't get answers to these questions.

yes, but learning whats going on is a quick google search. the only limit is ignorance in this case.

#36 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

This. While Reach had some inconsistencies (all but like two of which I've seen refuted), just like every fucking piece of Halo media, the game was still entertaining and nice to look at. It expressed a theme of desperation well, and demonstrated the effect of war upon civilians. Even if there were a few holes, I think thematically they got the portrayal of the Fall of Reach spot on. Everyone bitches about Reach's holes more than others for the reason that everyone prefers the earlier albums of various artists and that old people like analog music more than digital music: if it's less mainstream it's somehow more authentic, and your memories place more emotional significance in the books than in the games because you read about the Fall before you played it. All these kids that are the same age as we were when we played the first Halo game, they'll be remembering Reach as an important part of their childhood that showed them how stories can be told through games.

• Bornstellaris and SternuS like this

#37 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

This. While Reach had some inconsistencies (all but like two of which I've seen refuted), just like every fucking piece of Halo media, the game was still entertaining and nice to look at. It expressed a theme of desperation well, and demonstrated the effect of war upon civilians. Even if there were a few holes, I think thematically they got the portrayal of the Fall of Reach spot on. Everyone bitches about Reach's holes more than others for the reason that everyone prefers the earlier albums of various artists and that old people like analog music more than digital music: if it's less mainstream it's somehow more authentic, and your memories place more emotional significance in the books than in the games because you read about the Fall before you played it. All these kids that are the same age as we were when we played the first Halo game, they'll be remembering Reach as an important part of their childhood that showed them how stories can be told through games.

I love the game, it was extremely fun to play and I had a great time. I just believe the way the fall of Reach was portrayed in the book Fall of Reach was better. The thing is, these stories are from completely different stand points of the actual battle from the way I remember it.

Don't read this signature.

#38 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I love the game, it was extremely fun to play and I had a great time. I just believe the way the fall of Reach was portrayed in the book Fall of Reach was better. The thing is, these stories are from completely different stand points of the actual battle from the way I remember it.

Apparently the main inconsistencies are that the Pillar of Autumn and Dr. Halsey were at different places at certain times than they were in the books. Otherwise they're different perspectives.

#39 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

yes, but learning whats going on is a quick google search. the only limit is ignorance in this case.

And that's what I've been saying all the time. You need to search for information. Don't get me wrong, it's not a crime, a saga with an extended universe is commonly supported by books. But saying Bungie combined a mess with Reach just because there are a couple of imperfections, that's ignorance.

Well yes, it was surely more epic with its big space battle. But here we see what happened on the ground, and what happens here is basically the same thing that happens during the Human-Covenant war: a group of men and women scarifices their lifes in an hopeless fight for survival. The game gave me some feels, I saw my teammates dying one by one; Carter watched his team crumble slowly, Jorge, Kat, Jun, and when we were almost there he sacrificed himself to accomplish the mission. Emile stayed by your side 'till the end, and there he died like a Spartan. Then it was your turn.

This is a story you don't see often. This is a masterpiece.

• Emberblaque and Bornstellaris like this

#40 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Carter watched his team crumble slowly, Jorge, Kat, Jun,

This is a story you don't see often. This is a masterpiece.

You're right about it being a masterpiece but Carter didn't witness the death of Jun, a very nice Fan produced comic can be seen here- http://leviathan.bungie.org/

telling of Jun's last mission with Halsey.

Being a stickler for the details I thought you might appreciate this :D

• haseo yashimora and SternuS like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users