• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

It ain't just the usual friendly trolling that's for sure.

Anyways back onto the topic at hand of SoTP Rebellion.

#42 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Idea has been considered.

Was a decision ever made either way or is it all still in the works? 

#43 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Was a decision ever made either way or is it all still in the works? 

The decision as it stands, and it is still in the works by far, is having players choose between 2 late game researches (for the UNSC at least). One will give shields to some/all/most/a few/I don't know how many ships, or one that lowers the tax rate/up-keep/increases fleet supply/or somthing like that (I don't 100% know).

Don't read this signature.

#44 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

The behavior I'm seeing in this thread is unacceptable, people. We're supposed to be working together for the greater purpose of creating a community driven sins mod. The comments here are just useless personal attacks and arguing about something that is inherently unchangeable. The SotP boys need to step into line, especially since this in the public viewing section.

TL;DR: It's fine if we disagree, but in public we have to share a united face. Act like a team.

As for Rebellion itself, of course I'm excited about it and look forward to playing on it/updated graphics/shiny new gameplay extras. That being said, I don't want Entrenchment to fall to the wayside as we steam ahead into development.

• Emberblaque, sloosecannon, MrChipps and 1 other like this

yLM4TEk.png

#45 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

That being said, I don't want Entrenchment to fall to the wayside as we steam ahead into development.

Nor do I, I feel like some people are getting eager with Rebellion at the present. I believe we should finish up a good Entrenchment version first, not only to thank the community for being patient and sticking with us while we work, but also give them something newer to play with while we change directions.

• Emberblaque, Bornstellaris and SternuS like this

#46 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I've picked up on it.

Guys, look. I'm the first one to dive into an argument, trust me. But can you two take this somewhere else, not on a public board? It's tremendously unprofessional. I'm not being insubordinate, I'm just trying to keep the public face of this mod respectable.

Edit: Apologies, I was a page behind. I didn't realise Canada has already spoken up.

As to entrenchment vs Rebellion. I honestly feel to just port over would be rushed. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather see Rebellion as the home of the mod, but when this much has been put into entrenchment I feel it's wrong to just drop it. I'm not talking full finish on the mod, just to tie up loose ends.
  • Emberblaque and Defender0 like this

#47 Spartan-117

Spartan-117

Jon

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Wall knowing nothing - AKA England.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

The decision as it stands, and it is still in the works by far, is having players choose between 2 late game researches (for the UNSC at least). One will give shields to some/all/most/a few/I don't know how many ships, or one that lowers the tax rate/up-keep/increases fleet supply/or somthing like that (I don't 100% know).

Thanks for the reply, its sounds amazing. I appreciate the time you guys take to do all this stuff. Thanks.

#48 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

WHOOO REBELLION RELEASE.

Come on guys:

Spoiler

• Moustachio86 and Deathscythe1992 like this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#49 Dhoulmegus

Dhoulmegus

Some Kind of Sorcerer

• Inactive Staff
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the reply, its sounds amazing. I appreciate the time you guys take to do all this stuff. Thanks.

We appreciate all the support and any ideas you bring to the table.

#50 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

So...on the subject of looking amazing.

Phoenix_zpsdd3c6947.jpg

• Emberblaque, Defender0 and Bornstellaris like this
Posted Image

#51 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nor do I, I feel like some people are getting eager with Rebellion at the present. I believe we should finish up a good Entrenchment version first, not only to thank the community for being patient and sticking with us while we work, but also give them something newer to play with while we change directions.

Is it really worth it?
Entrenchment's playerbase is practically non-existant. I mean everyone been asking to port over to Rebellion.

Rebellion gives us more options and everything. I see no point to staying around in Entrenchment and trying to balance and develop for both. I'd say to release the current version as an "Alpha" that says "here you can have this as we polish it for Rebellion".

#52 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

I believe we should finish up a good Entrenchment version first, not only to thank the community for being patient and sticking with us while we work, but also give them something newer to play with while we change directions.

The UNSC appears fully functional to me; you could easily release a version including them only. Plus, developing versions for two different instances of Sins will use up time and resources for no benefit.

#53 CoSSpartan058

CoSSpartan058

Original Badass

• Contributor
  • 241 posts
  • LocationONI Facility, Reach

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Should we possibly move this to the private section for release talk?

Posted Image

#54 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Definitely. It's something I think should probably be discussed higher up the chain. It's a fairly important issue.

#55 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Stay here. In plain sight of my eyes.
  • JasonAHawkins, MrChipps, zaun3694 and 1 other like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#56 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

What's so big and important that it needs to be hidden? The idea of sticking to Entrenchment or just moving over to Rebellion is a decision that everyone should know about.

#57 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Personally as a non-Playtester I would like to see Entrenchment finished, and I could probably speak on behalf of the people that have the download and do not talk on these forums.  The time that we would have to wait until Rebellion will probably be awhile, and it would be nice to have the Covenant as something else to play with until it's ready.  Adding another whole race adds so much more to the game, and with you guys almost there already it would be a waste of the resources already dumped into the Entrenchment Sins to just drop it now.  My opinion anyways.

"Don't half-ass anything you do"- My grandfather/father

• zaun3694 and SternuS like this

#58 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Problem is that development is probably going to take a turn that will take advantage of Rebellion's features.

If Entrenchment doesn't have that well we're kinda screwed in that part.

Rebellion is overall an optimized (or at least a less buggy one) engine with more options to flesh out the features of the various races. Be nonsensical in my opinion to try and do both.

Problem in your arguement is that none of the resources from Entrenchment were wasted. It's the essentially the same coding and art assets just now ported to a newer expansion now to make it run and look better.

Face it. The only thing that keeps people coming to the Entrenchment page is SoTP. Everybody moved over to Rebellion for the most part and those who actually still cared are probably thinking "Where the hell is the Rebellion port?" I never hear it the other way around.

#59 Deathscythe1992

Deathscythe1992

Death is the will of the universe, Scythe is Deaths instrument

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOhio, US

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

In that case could a Rebellion version be ported over nearly instantly that just has the UNSC?  Even if it only uses the ships from Entrenchment with no new researches or ships then I could see that being alright.  My argument is that people have been waiting to see other additions like the Covenant even longer than I have, and to extend that wait just because the people who already have that want to move on would same unfair to us.  If anyone who is not a playtester that has a different opinion from my own I encourage them to step in so I'll quit saying "we"  :P

#60 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

In that case could a Rebellion version be ported over nearly instantly that just has the UNSC?  Even if it only uses the ships from Entrenchment with no new researches or ships then I could see that being alright.  My argument is that people have been waiting to see other additions like the Covenant even longer than I have, and to extend that wait just because the people who already have that want to move on would same unfair to us.  If anyone who is not a playtester that has a different opinion from my own I encourage them to step in so I'll quit saying "we"  :P

Personally, I'd love to see this moved over to Rebellion. The entrenchment version is good but rebellion can offer so much more. It would be a waste to work on both versions at the same time. I don't really see the need for the Covenant to be included in an entrenchment releases, most sins players have rebellion anyway.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users