#21 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

How would I know what? That the rebellion version is going to leap forward in the halo timeline? It's been stated many times.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#22 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Never seen it stated anywhere

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#23 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

Is there a specific time period for the mod?
The Entrenchment version of the release takes place in 2543, 9 years before the first Halo installation is found. This allows us to make better decisions about what to include in the mod, so it is not a mish mash of different time periods. When we move to SoaSE: Rebellion the time period jump up to post-Halo 4, the exact date has not been decided yet.

http://www.moddb.com...n-about-the-mod

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#24 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

Damn, i was reading that exact article, and didnt see that, thats embarrasing.

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#25 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Damn, i was reading that exact article, and didnt see that, thats embarrasing.

This is why we can't have nice things.

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#26 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

At least I am not spitting the Dummy, i take it like a man.

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#27 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

ok can't change title for some reason

UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Time to bring in canon

Ur-Didact in halo 4: "The FORERUNNERS have returned"

• Deathscythe1992 likes this

#29 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

ok can't change title for some reason

Not as cool as the rest of us Playtesters :D.

But really I have no idea, maybe just look around in Profile Edit or contact someone.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#30 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Time to bring in canon

Ur-Didact in halo 4: "The FORERUNNERS have returned"

Yeah, Dianno pointed out something similar about a page back.

Yeah Faced, I don't get the crusade to change the name. Cortana figured out what they're called, I dare to hope that the rest of the UNSC could do it too. No one wants to call them by some occasional Covenant nickname, and no one wants to come up with an original name that sounds like a Stargate faction. It would confuse the shit out of everyone anyway. And it would probably tip the crowd in our favor for ModDB's Most Inconsistent Mod of the Year 2013.

• Defender0, spartan-G257 and Dianno5741 like this

#31 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

The timeline is sort of evolving and no longer static. Design in mind due to the nature of the game is now shifting from, This takes place in 2542 or in 2557 to the game will start in 2540 and the late game will be 2560. So youll cover most of the UNSC-Cov war and the forerunner remnant coming back into play. This is so youll advance through technology and have the option of changing the outcome of the UNSC-Cov war. Think of it like Age of Empire or Rise of Nations with different techs or "ages" to research that advance you through the timeline. Same thing here, with you getting the option to construct the infinity at the end.

They are forerunners, because thats how most people know them and as video game campaign canon refers to them. They are a remnant because they are not a true empire, alot of design is going in mind to make them like the vanilla vasari loyalists and be extremely mobile and even more mobile to dependent on capitals for economy than just damage dealers.

If you have any ideas on that sort of terminology and where it might be good on a tech tree id love to implement it to give readers of the books a throwback.

bDNWw7L.png

#32 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

If you have any ideas on that sort of terminology and where it might be good on a tech tree id love to implement it to give readers of the books a throwback.

I don't think the Forerunner Remnants should 'Research' things as much as they should unlock/find/uncover them, so the descriptions should reflect that.

Just a tid bit but I always thought Forerunner naming and society was somewhat communist in nature.
Dacha (Russian word for seasonal or year-round second homes) could be used for research into Capital ship economy/population.
Nomenklatura (Key personnel) presence could be researched. They would be on ships and increases loyalty for the ship, the fleet, and the planet/gravity well.
Sovkhoz (State-Farm) for increased extraction rates (whilst present with asteroids)/population limits (more food -> more people)
Perestroika (restructuring/ led to market reform) Something about money. Or perhaps Caste system restructuring so Warriors are higher in it, leads to higher damage.

But maybe you meant terminology from the books. So...
Upholder of the Mantle (Mantle of Responsibility). Late game research, less harm coming to local populations allows for greater population limits and cultural spread.

Maginot Reconstruction (Maginot Line) Increases defensive structures damage and armor/HP the more you have present in a gravity well (So effectively defense structures buff each other)

Adjutant's Reflex (AdjutantReflex) Well Adjutant means an officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer so something about better efficiency on board ships, higher fire rates? Also would be more of an Easter Egg.

Contender-class Reconstitution (Contender-class Artificial intelligence) They led and organized fleets so should be a buff unlocked on Capital ships that increases speed, turn rates, slip-space jump speed etc.

Galactic Remapping (Needs better name)(Sigma Octanus IV Artifact) Seeing as the Remnants recovered their technology and this artifact held locations to Forerunner technology this research should decrease research costs and rates.

??? (http://halo.wikia.co...erunner_Crystal) Something about speed.

???(http://halo.wikia.co...ro_Dyson_Sphere) Construction of micro dyson spheres on capital ships allows populations to inhabit them/increases population limits for Capital Ships.

• spartan-G257 likes this
Spoiler

#33 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I don't think the Forerunner Remnants should 'Research' things as much as they should unlock/find/uncover them, so the descriptions should reflect that.

This would be a list of string changes. Lower priority than most other things regarding forerunners, which are low priority in and of themselves

#34 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

This would be a list of string changes. Lower priority than most other things regarding forerunners, which are low priority in and of themselves

I didn't say it needed to be done immediately, he asked for peoples thoughts and I gave mine.

Spoiler

#35 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

for galactic remapping how about Janus replication

as for the MDS idea how about Shield replication followed by Improved Shield Production.

Closed Beta Testing HHF
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:41 AM

for galactic remapping how about Janus replication

as for the MDS idea how about Shield replication followed by Improved Shield Production.

I was thinking Janus but he wanted things from the books. Same principle though.

Spoiler

#37 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

for upgrading research times how about domain reintergration...

i know they wouldnt be able to get the original domain back online (the organon was destroyed but if they were able to recreate it with their ships then well you can see where that goes then

Closed Beta Testing HHF
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

Juridical's Scrutiny (Juridical) - Reconstitution of the Jurdical Caste and the subsequent order instituted by them increases {one of the following}:
1)Credit income (less crime from scavenging Forerunner's seeking to further their power, I guess)

2 )"Research"/Rediscovery times (Forerunners no-longer horde technology scavenged for personal gain)

Spoiler

#39 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

Is there a specific time period for the mod? 
The Entrenchment version of the release takes place in 2543, 9 years before the first Halo installation is found. This allows us to make better decisions about what to include in the mod, so it is not a mish mash of different time periods. When we move to SoaSE: Rebellion the time period jump up to post-Halo 4, the exact date has not been decided yet.

Worth noting that this is gonna be a little different...

The first Rebellion release (and maybe some after too... all depends) will be set in the 2543 time period. Basically a direct copy from Entrenchment. Later versions will be the new post-halo-4 timeframe...

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#40 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Juridical's Scrutiny (Juridical) - Reconstitution of the Jurdical Caste and the subsequent order instituted by them increases {one of the following}:
1)Credit income (less crime from scavenging Forerunner's seeking to further their power, I guess)

2 )"Research"/Rediscovery times (Forerunners no-longer horde technology scavenged for personal gain)

1)

and then Domain Reintegration for number 2)

also they may have specific records from the domain stored onto any ship due to the fact that the librarian knew what was going to happen to it (not sure for how long though so please correct me on that one) after setting off the halo rings.

so: Domain Re-integration

what do you think

Closed Beta Testing HHF
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users