• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 daxter304

daxter304

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

A way to know if a ship is ready to fire it's MAC.  If I'm in a battle with lots of ships and I lose track of which ships have fired their MACs then I'm in a world of hurt.

#22 ElOscar24

ElOscar24

Crewman

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

The Flood is a bastard to beat. I'll have at least 17 planets under my control and then comes along a single Flood infected Paris class ship and all my planets go under. And these were going to be a playable character? I love the Flood though and the Flood infected Forerunner ships look fantastic. Can't wait for the Flood and Forerunners to be playable characters.

#23 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

As far as I know Flood will be non-playable pirates.

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#24 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

As far as I know Flood will be non-playable pirates.

Confirmed. Flood are far too powerful to be playable. Forerunners will be, in time.

#25 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

To be honest I don't feel the mod follows what the moddb page says "Command vast fleets of up to a thousand ships"

I know this is difficult with the Sins engine but I just think we should try to get it as close as possible. I mean I was able to have over 700+ ships on the screen (1/3 capitals using galaxy forge though)

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#26 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

Actually, when I was snooping around the console codes, I found that they are infact playable, but it is a HORRIBLE idea, so don't do it! I only know how because of my snooping, but it was NOT designed to play as.

#27 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Actually, when I was snooping around the console codes, I found that they are infact playable, but it is a HORRIBLE idea, so don't do it! I only know how because of my snooping, but it was NOT designed to play as.

Yeah, this is true. I found this a while back, couldn't figure it out. Decided it was best to leave them be.

#28 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

To be honest I don't feel the mod follows what the moddb page says "Command vast fleets of up to a thousand ships"
I know this is difficult with the Sins engine but I just think we should try to get it as close as possible. I mean I was able to have over 700+ ships on the screen (1/3 capitals using galaxy forge though)

Trade ships and refinery ships.

Supply lines are a very important aspect of military deployment.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#29 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

But you don't "Command" them they just go on there business and don't bother with anything else

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#30 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Good ideas everyone. Were looking into some of them. The ccs could glass but due to AI hardpoint coding if we gave them the ability to bomb they blitz the planet and don't engage your fleet. We tried that. Really faced? Do you call Creative Assembly demanding a refund when 99.9% of your total war games don't include the absolute max out capacity?

bDNWw7L.png

#31 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Can use gal forge to spawn flood ships for planet owners.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#32 Faced

Faced

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

Good ideas everyone. Were looking into some of them. The ccs could glass but due to AI hardpoint coding if we gave them the ability to bomb they blitz the planet and don't engage your fleet. We tried that. Really faced? Do you call Creative Assembly demanding a refund when 99.9% of your total war games don't include the absolute max out capacity?

I'm just saying.

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#33 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Confirmed. Flood are far too powerful to be playable. Forerunners will be, in time.

They were once planned to be playable. Then, someone went flood v flood.

That stopped that right there.

• Defender0 likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#34 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well to be fair, I broke and lagged everyone out of a game when fleets were literally twice the size due to half supply costs. Having a fleet on screen is fine but once you start issuing commands, it lags out like a bitch.

• Emberblaque and Dianno5741 like this

#35 Capt. Gacob Skeeze

Capt. Gacob Skeeze

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBeating the Dog over the Fence

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Is there a way to change how stacks of ships will target opposing stacks of ships? Because if so that would be a great way to help micro fleet actions.

#36 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

I posted this and updates a day ago but it was kinda swallowed, but what about when the placeholder covie dropods are replaced, they could be scarabs?

#37 Antigeist

Antigeist

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

you mean the ship thats probably going to be the TITAN?

Speaking of which, the shield recharge rate on the Super Destroyer seems, based on casual observation, to be much lower than any other Covenant ship. I had a SD at about 8k shields and I opted to leave it behind to recuperate while I pushed on ahead. After taking a couple more planets, it had only recharged to about 11k.

It seems off.

#38 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

It may have been at a star that reduced that rate, or your research for sheilds was off, but the first is most likely

#39 Antigeist

Antigeist

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

It may have been at a star that reduced that rate, or your research for sheilds was off, but the first is most likely

Was at a planet. Research was maxed out. And like I said, it's not that it was slow, it was slow compared to everything else around it. 

As far as I know, shield recharge is not a set value across the board, it's a percentage of total shields. That's why things like the SSD in SoaGE regenerates huge chunks of shield, 1500 at a time or whatnot.

The SD has similar shield hit points to the CAS so it should take a similar amount of time to regenerate, but in my experience, the CAS regenerates shields much more quickly.

#40 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

i decided to check the entity files, the SD has a shield restore rate of about 1/3rd of what the CAS has

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users