• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Whats bad about having 4 carriers,more ships the better.

What? No! The more of one ship yes, more of the same ship type doing the same job is pointless. If you're digging a hole with four mates, you don't all grab a different tool just for the hell of it. You all grab a shovel; shovels work. It's the same principle. Having multiple ship types doing exactly the same job is entirely is almost the definition of redundancy. It screws with the A.I., it wastes your resources and it offers no benefit in a game that doesn't have a huge variation in tactics.
  • Cole Protocol likes this

#62 Hellstormer

Hellstormer

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

We are balancing SotP to be competitive, just like any other Halo game. Our focus is PvP, not your feel goods while fighting an easy AI for the 100th time. We had too many ships competing for the same roles and in order to make them useful we had to put something on the chopping block. We're sorry that you're unhappy about this, but we've had people begging for custom militia for a long time. This is one step in that direction. Once the Stalwart is finished, the Mako will follow the same path.

Well its not that serious ill just do how here people say,take fleet of Autumns and see if they can do the job,I only miss them cuz they were nice destroyer/carriers always bought me alot of time fighting off enemies till I got my hands on Athens,thats why I think giving them only to militia wasnt good idea,but I respect what other fans wanted so ill live with that.

#63 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

They had a similar problem in the first UNSC beta where you had the charons and the paris' filled the same role and that limited the variety of other ships you built because you tended to build both charons and paris'

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#64 Dianno5741

Dianno5741

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

The only difference is our athens takes up a direct role with mac weapons. Otherwise a carrier is combat because in modern combat fleets rarely get in range to broadside but use fighter's to force the other fleet's capitulation. And yes you have told me in several threads to redo things. I have your posts, as well as others, recorded to keep track of balance issues. I'm glad you made a strat with no smacs work but again your putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. In the end the eion is gone. Change hurts. Get use to it. Ask moustachio about the Marathon. Him and me did this dance and the mod didn't blow itself up. Why? Simply I know what I'm doing and with the people in my dept then it's a powerhouse of triple checking decisions to be even more sure that this is the correct action.

bDNWw7L.png

#65 EKHawkman

EKHawkman

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I guess the only really sad part is that the beautiful model is no longer used. Or, as much. I like the Eion's model better, but I never really used either ship so it doesn't really matter. 

I'm looking forward to the stalwart, how different is it from the mako?

#66 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I guess the only really sad part is that the beautiful model is no longer used. Or, as much. I like the Eion's model better, but I never really used either ship so it doesn't really matter. 

I'm looking forward to the stalwart, how different is it from the mako?

Replacing Mako. Will have shitty MAC. First UNSC combat ship available.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#67 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Makes sense. I mean, the corvettes (without a MAC canon wise) would've been phased out or turned to anti-rebel/pirate patrols as they'd be useless against the Covenant.

#68 EKHawkman

EKHawkman

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

That makes sense, they shouldn't be too good at other things. Right now the mako doesn't really sacrifice much for being the AA ship. 

#69 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

The mako was a piece of toss anyway.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users