• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#21 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Just be sure to ask and credit GoaFan77 before you go around jacking ideas from E4X.

#22 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Just be sure to ask and credit GoaFan77 before you go around jacking ideas from E4X.

Reading his comments taught me all i know about gal-forge. 

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#23 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

For those that haven't read it:
http://www.scribd.co...rkHorse-English

Cool. Thanks.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#24 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Jiralhanae, ODSTs, Spirits, Lord Hood...seems like they've decided to put every single reference to the past in a comic book...

My rage is getting stronger and stronger...I NEED to get those comics...

You can buy it digitally:

https://digital.dark...-palumbo-cover/

• SternuS likes this

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#25 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

You can buy it digitally:

https://digital.dark...-palumbo-cover/

I appreciate your interest guys. Thank you.

But that's not what I was trying to say. I was blaming 343i for not putting in Halo 4 all those sweet sweet references. And thus forcing me to buy those comics.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#26 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

But that's not what I was trying to say. I was blaming 343i for not putting in Halo 4 all those sweet sweet references. And thus forcing me to buy those comics.

You mean, doing something that would take time and money that would be better spent on other things? Not putting references in a game is not something you can blame on the game studio. Bungie didnt put in any reference to the other SPARTAN IIs except for jorge in halo reach, and linda in halo CEA, do you blame bungie for that?

#27 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

This is why reading the books is imperative. Misinformed my friend.

I read the books.

I just didn't make the connection since initially they said missile launch and it kind of mind melded to missile rather than plasma. T-38 can fire into space.

Halo CEA, do you blame bungie for that?

That was 343I, which seems to add to your point about Bungie not making references.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#28 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

It could still happen in Halo, Halo 5 or Halo 6. 

Posted Image

Now I see fire

#29 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

You mean, doing something that would take time and money that would be better spent on other things? Not putting references in a game is not something you can blame on the game studio. Bungie didnt put in any reference to the other SPARTAN IIs except for jorge in halo reach, and linda in halo CEA, do you blame bungie for that?

Yes. Yes I do. I blame them for creating that God-awful, nonsense vehicle that is the Revenant. I blame them for not showing a space battle even once. I blame them for making everyone in the series die. I blame them for making the Spartan-IIIs appear from nowhere, with no logical explaination. I blame them for leaving the brand. I blame them for the awful multiplayer that Reach had.

I blame them for many things, as you can see. But 343i made many more mistakes, and I will surely try to defend Bungie that everyone seems to condamn because of Reach's multy, instead of defending 343i, which so far made a terrible game in its entirety.

Just tell me how 343i managed to spend the money they saved by not caring about the Campaign. Oh yeah, on that horrific, unpleasant Spartan Ops serie (which luckily I had for free, for if I had spent money on that thing I would surely be mad by now) and all those map packs. Which Bungie still managed to give us while creating a wonderful campaign.

#30 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

That was 343I, which seems to add to your point about Bungie not making references.

Right, my mistake.

#31 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Yes. Yes I do. I blame them for creating that God-awful, nonsense vehicle that is the Revenant. I blame them for not showing a space battle even once. I blame them for making everyone in the series die. I blame them for making the Spartan-IIIs appear from nowhere, with no logical explaination. I blame them for leaving the brand. I blame them for the awful multiplayer that Reach had.

I blame them for many things, as you can see. But 343i made many more mistakes, and I will surely try to defend Bungie that everyone seems to condamn because of Reach's multy, instead of defending 343i, which so far made a terrible game in its entirety.

Just tell me how 343i managed to spend the money they saved by not caring about the Campaign. Oh yeah, on that horrific, unpleasant Spartan Ops serie (which luckily I had for free, for if I had spent money on that thing I would surely be mad by now) and all those map packs. Which Bungie still managed to give us while creating a wonderful campaign.

SIIIs were in the books before the games not bungies problem.

And i agree with you on campaign, 3 hours at the most. H3 and H2 you could stretch out over 24hours and still not be bored.

the only missions i liked in 4 was the first one, the one where infinity crashes, the one where you hit the grav well guns, the one on the station and the very very last bit of midnight.

and the worst thing is if you don't have live gold you can't play infinity which sucks.

• SternuS likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#32 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

SIIIs were in the books before the games not bungies problem.

And i agree with you on campaign, 3 hours at the most. H3 and H2 you could stretch out over 24hours and still not be bored.

the only missions i liked in 4 was the first one, the one where infinity crashes, the one where you hit the grav well guns, the one on the station and the very very last bit of midnight.

and the worst thing is if you don't have live gold you can't play infinity which sucks.

S-IIIs were in the books, which Bungie seemed to totally forget about. Thus making them encounter Halsey before they should've had.

#33 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Not gonna lie.  I liked Halo: Reach, and Spartan Ops were actually pretty cool.  Way better than Firefight which it was intended to replace. It was nice to have some objectives, and the weekly episodes were honestly pretty awesome (although shit like Palmer one-shotting Prometheans with a pistol made me facepalm).  Halo: Escalation is pretty sweet, and has restored my faith in 343's handling of the mythos.  Although we didn't get Spartan Ops Season 2, this is the next best thing.

Also, 343 has done a far better job at integrating the universe into the games imo.  As much as I despise the Kilo-Five Trilogy and Karen Travesty (for now shitting on two Sci-fi series that I love), seeing Serin Osman, Jul 'Mdama, captive Halsey, Captain Lasky, and Captain Del Rio in game was pretty awesome.  Its also nice that we finally have Sangheili being referenced by their actual names (Parg Vol, Merg Vol, ect.) instead of being called generic dumbed down names like Shipmaster and Arbiter.  I mean think about it it was years before we even got the Arbiter's real name.  

• Defender0 likes this

#34 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Back to Escalation.

Man, that Arby and his armor, plus the preview...  "Attacked us are not "My Kind"." Different breed of Sangheili?

Spoiler

#35 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Back to Escalation.

Man, that Arby and his armor, plus the preview...  "Attacked us are not "My Kind"." Different breed of Sangheili?

I assumed it was Jul's forces.

Posted Image

Now I see fire

#36 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Nah he says "we have the same blood".

EDIT: Ninja'd

#37 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Back to Escalation.

Two races of them (for example, Germanic and Hispanic). It is written in the Kilo 5 serie.

snip

I'm not gonna argue about personal feelings. I have mines, and you have yours, just as normal as it should be. I was just responding to Defender.

P.S. I do want to remind you that Firefight was free for every Silver, while S-Ops is only available with Gold. And I do want to remind you that they took off theatre from the Campaign, so basically that's another Gold exclusive.

• Lord Stark likes this

#38 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Nah he says "we have the same blood".

EDIT: Ninja'd

I assumed it was Jul's forces.

Ok, the full quote is:

"We may share blood, but those who attacked us are not "My Kind.""

This could be interpreted in two ways.
1. They are in fact regular Sangheili and aren't following Arby's orders there by not making them "his" kind. The whole line just make it sound more dramatic.

2. They are a different, cousin race to Arby. Similar to Jackals and Skirmishers. This seems less likely but more plot twisty and something that 343I would do.

• SPECTRE likes this
Spoiler

#39 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

What there's senghelli subspecies? they're not just canon changing?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#40 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

2. They are a different, cousin race to Arby. Similar to Jackals and Skirmishers. This seems less likely but more plot twisty and something that 343I would do.

It's this one. They had different skin colour and different accents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users