456 replies to this topic

#61 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

DO NOT READ SPOILERS< REAL BAD SPOILERS TOO. 

Spoiler

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#62 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

That's why Spartan IVs are inferior to Spartan IIs

and IIIs

#63 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:58 AM

and IIIs

I'm not so sure about that. Weren't III's just essentially well equipped gym-buffs? I know noble team got the good shit but that was for a reason. SIVs feel like they're trying to emulate the SIIs just on a budget and without a lifetime of training. In contrast SIIIs were an act of desperation, hundreds if not thousand of men and women basically dressed in Spartan outfits and sent to do nothing but delay troops. Certainly from what I've seen on Spartan Ops, SIVs seem much more like IIs than the IIIs ever did.

#64 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

No. SIIIs are essentially mass produced lower genetic quality IIs who still remember their parents being killed by the cov.
  • Bornstellaris likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#65 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

My god:

Spoiler

Spirit of Fire... could it be?

Yes, I saw this on reddit...

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#66 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

My god:

Spoiler

I saw this on FB a few weeks ago, rumor has it that this is one of the two spartans that were killed in "the package"

It could be cole.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#67 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

It could be JrSpartans mom they accidentaly picked up on long-range sensors.
  • Emberblaque, Zero, zaun3694 and 1 other like this
Sweden can into gender!

#68 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

My god:

Spoiler

That's all I can think it could be.  :-D

#69 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

That's all I can think it could be.  :-D

Would be awesome if it was the Spirit of fire, all of Spartan Red Team while they were in their prime in Mark IV Mjolnir frozen for 30b years.

hell, I want THAT to be the plot for Halo 5, the Chief leading a squad of long forgotten Spartan IIs.

#70 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Would be awesome if it was the Spirit of fire, all of Spartan Red Team while they were in their prime in Mark IV Mjolnir frozen for 30b years.

hell, I want THAT to be the plot for Halo 5, the Chief leading a squad of long forgotten Spartan IIs.

Fred, lind and kelly would be the coolest companions ever. People who you just don't randomly aquire. People who you have known since you were a child, trained with and fought with.

When you think about it about 9+ spartans could easily have survived. Those two under reach, grey team, black, Randall, arthur the chin.

Could make a great game.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#71 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Fred, lind and kelly would be the coolest companions ever. People who you just don't randomly aquire. People who you have known since you were a child, trained with and fought with.

When you think about it about 9+ spartans could easily have survived. Those two under reach, grey team, black, Randall, arthur the chin.

Could make a great game.

I think he meant the Spartans on Spirit of Fire, Jerome-092, Douglas-042 and Alice-130, that Red Team.

The preview implies that an old ship will make a return, "Missing for thirty years, a legendary UNSC warship is discovered deep behind enemy lines.", Spirit of Fire perhaps. However I am thinking now that perhaps it won't be, like for one I wouldn't call SoF a "legendary UNSC warship", in fact it would probably look like SoF either went AWOL. Two, the ship didn't really do anything all that amazing, even after it left Arcadia.

This could really go boyh ways, perhaps it is SoF or perhaps it is going to be another cheap pay off like the whole Arbiter "Not my kind" preview, with them just introducing some random ship.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#72 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hmm, the time between when the SoF was last seen (2531) and Halo 4 (2557) was 26 years and Halo: Escalation 1 (and 2) only takes place one year after Halo 4. I guess Halo: Escalation 3, 4 or 5 could be over a number of years. 

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#73 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I think he meant the Spartans on Spirit of Fire, Jerome-092, Douglas-042 and Alice-130, that Red Team.

The preview implies that an old ship will make a return, "Missing for thirty years, a legendary UNSC warship is discovered deep behind enemy lines.", Spirit of Fire perhaps. However I am thinking now that perhaps it won't be, like for one I wouldn't call SoF a "legendary UNSC warship", in fact it would probably look like SoF either went AWOL. Two, the ship didn't really do anything all that amazing, even after it left Arcadia.

This could really go boyh ways, perhaps it is SoF or perhaps it is going to be another cheap pay off like the whole Arbiter "Not my kind" preview, with them just introducing some random ship.

Errr it lead the retaking of Harvest, saved countless lives on Arcadia, and its a part of the inverse living monument.  Johnson and Keys, two of the greatest heroes of the war are a part of that.  SoF is most certainly legendary.  And after Arcadia it stopped the Covenant's acquisition of a fleet that would have shit stomped humanity.  

#74 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Errr it lead the retaking of Harvest, saved countless lives on Arcadia, and its a part of the inverse living monument.  Johnson and Keys, two of the greatest heroes of the war are a part of that.  SoF is most certainly legendary.  And after Arcadia it stopped the Covenant's acquisition of a fleet that would have shit stomped humanity.  

Would the UNSC even of known about the SoF stopping the Covenant from using the Forerunner fleet?

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#75 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Guess it cant be the Everest- Coles ship that dissapeared in 2543, shame

#76 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

Would the UNSC even of known about the SoF stopping the Covenant from using the Forerunner fleet?

No, but they'd likely assume they killed the Arbiter.

#77 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

Well the SoF also abducted Spartans and jumped to chase Anders, so there's also that. :P

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#78 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

Well the SoF also abducted Spartans and jumped to chase Anders, so there's also that. :P

True-

"So...........we left a note saying we're leaving, right?"

#79 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

True-

"So...........we left a note saying we're leaving, right?"

"Recalling surface squads so we can all die together. Aye, sir!"

#80 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

"Recalling surface squads so we can all die together. Aye, sir!"

I can only guess, if they wanted to throw in a few twists for the sake of the plot they could have some flood spores that survived Sharpened Shield's destruction (I know, no very original ala Aliens) that could have latched onto the SOF's hull or even worse- over the long voyage back home managed to take over the ship, corrupt Serina and consume most if not all of the dormant crew.

Come to think of it, dosen't the SOF's general sublight heading violate the Cole Protocol if they ever crossed paths the other covenant ships they would be unable to escape on a random vector so if serina managed to erase all sensitve info and herself wouldnt that leave the crew at the mercy of any would be aggressors?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users