#421 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

Not entirely. The didact opens some interesting possibilities with Forerunners, Anceint Humanity, and the Precursors.

The Didact opened*

I wouldn't call "interesting" the Crawlers and the Watchers. Because that's all they used him for. Oh yeah also Knights. Wow, the game was really lacking of those enemies.

Cybernetic, annoying, useless-anti-flood dogs? Great. I mean, Forerunners couldn't just purify planets/ships with laser (sentinels' type) beams. They had to send DOGS with pistols. Sentinels? Those flying, multi-purpose, shielded long-range devices? No way. Dogs, dude.

• D4RKST0RM99, Fleet Admiral agigabyte, Mrripley9 and 1 other like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#422 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

I... agree with that. ^

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#423 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:56 PM

Didact: I have a new master plan to defeat the flood!
Faber: Oh?
Didact: We attack the flood with robots!
Faber: -_- are you senile?
Sweden can into gender!

#424 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Well you say that like its the stupidest idea possible, versus just sending ships with people controlling over powered weapons but then the flood would get them and that would mean the flood now has dis weapon...but dogs, out of all things, dogs

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#425 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

Well you say that like its the stupidest idea possible, versus just sending ships with people controlling over powered weapons but then the flood would get them and that would mean the flood now has dis weapon...but dogs, out of all things, dogs

Sigh, the joke was that the forerunners HAD been sending machines to fight the flood for 3 centuries before Didact had his super idea of prometheans, hence the senile joke since he seems to have forgotten about that.

• SternuS and Crisiss like this
Sweden can into gender!

#426 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Oh okay lol sorry, me no understand

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#427 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

Allow me to summarize the recent trilogy:

Dr. Halsey and Jul 'Mdama set a trap for Infinity, it gets ripped out of slipspace.  They attempt to lure out the Janus Key.  Palmer wants to kill Halsey.  There's a rebel in Jul's Covenant faction named Sali 'Nyon.  The rebel is captured, Jul and Halsey acquire both sides of the Janus Key, Halsey lays down the verbal smackdown on Palmer (its amazing).  Palmer actually has some growth as a character and doesn't excecute Halsey but the result is as I said before Jul and Halsey now know where the Absolute record is. 

#428 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Oh okay lol sorry, me no understand

No probs
Sweden can into gender!

#429 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

Allow me to summarize the recent trilogy:

Dr. Halsey and Jul 'Mdama set a trap for Infinity, it gets ripped out of slipspace.  They attempt to lure out the Janus Key.  Palmer wants to kill Halsey.  There's a rebel in Jul's Covenant faction named Sali 'Nyon.  The rebel is captured, Jul and Halsey acquire both sides of the Janus Key, Halsey lays down the verbal smackdown on Palmer (its amazing).  Palmer actually has some growth as a character and doesn't excecute Halsey but the result is as I said before Jul and Halsey now know where the Absolute record is. 

Which still doesn't make sense because WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HALSEY JOIN JUL?! He wants to kill humanity, and Halsey spent her life protecting it. "Oh, I think Palmer is a giant jerk, I'm gunna join the  elites and get back at her."

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#430 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

Which still doesn't make sense because WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HALSEY JOIN JUL?! He wants to kill humanity, and Halsey spent her life protecting it. "Oh, I think Palmer is a giant jerk, I'm gunna join the  elites and get back at her."

She states it in the novel.  Its not a defection, so much as embracing the side that isn't actively trying to murder her.  Halsey has objectives, objectives she cannot fulfil if she's in some ONI Black bag.

Halsey shit on Palmer though.

Palmer: Your actions soiled this armor-this Job

Halsey: That armor wouldn't exist without me!  You can't have it both ways commander!

• Mrripley9 likes this

#431 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

She states it in the novel.  Its not a defection, so much as embracing the side that isn't actively trying to murder her.  Halsey has objectives, objectives she cannot fulfil if she's in some ONI Black bag.

Halsey shit on Palmer though.

Palmer: Your actions soiled this armor-this Job

Halsey: That armor wouldn't exist without me!  You can't have it both ways commander!

Actually it's "Soiled? I'm the only reason that armor even exists!" Which is even better.

As I said these last three issues were slightly better, but they can't absolutely make up for the rest.

• Lord Stark likes this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#432 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Actually it's "Soiled? I'm the only reason that armor even exists!" Which is even better.

As I said these last three issues were slightly better, but they can't absolutely make up for the rest.

Agreed.  The poor writer for these last three has just been ass wiping for 343 after they've taken the proverbial shit.

#433 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

WOW

so ok

ehm...is that...is that what I think it is?

And they'd better not end this like what they did with the Didact. They fuck this up, I'm out. Seriously.

#434 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

You mean what's his name in the place that the people found

#435 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

WOW

so ok

ehm...is that...is that what I think it is?

And they'd better not end this like what they did with the Didact. They fuck this up, I'm out. Seriously.

Spoil it for me I'm curious

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#436 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Spoil it for me I'm curious

Spoiler

#437 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

Couldn't be Medicant Bias. He was blown up and torn apart. He shouldn't even be in one piece, even if he somehow survived the Ark's destruction. No, it might be Offensive Bias, seeing as there's nothing after the Halo Firing. Or one of the AIs the Didact apparently deactivated and never gave up the activation codes.

Wonder how it'd shake up for the Remnant.

EDIT: Looked up on halopedia and realised that it is a shard of a Contender-class...

#438 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:17 AM

Couldn't be Medicant Bias. He was blown up and torn apart. He shouldn't even be in one piece, even if he somehow survived the Ark's destruction. No, it might be Offensive Bias, seeing as there's nothing after the Halo Firing. Or one of the AIs the Didact apparently deactivated and never gave up the activation codes.

Wonder how it'd shake up for the Remnant.

EDIT: Looked up on halopedia and realised that it is a shard of a Contender-class...

Might be Offensive. But MB wasn't torn apart, it was simply shattered in several AI shards.

IIRC, both Offensive and Mendicant were Contender-class AIs. They were twins...sort of.

#439 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:19 PM

#21 was particularly bad drawn. Proportions were thrown out of the window. I can't believe they're taking one month to do that. I'm sure they did all of these darn comics in 2013 in one month. Jesus Christ they look bad.

Also, LOL at page 10 copy/paste of zealots. According to that panel, a Phantom's big as 4 Sangheili. And LOL at page 19 copy/paste of page's 10 panel with 3 sketch-drawn added characters. All of the sentinels magically disappeared and elites re-aligned themselves. That was just bad. Not to talk about story development and dialogues.

Can't believe they killed the Didact in this shit of a comic.

#440 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:45 PM

Wow the art is so bad now.  They literally used the same page twice and just replaced the dialogue bubbles.  You can see it in the preview on the dark horse website.

As for this issue.

Eh, very predictable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users