456 replies to this topic

#401 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

The CIA lied to the White House and told them torture was an effective means of acquiring information.  That doesn't mean they don't answer to the President.

I really hope you aren't one of those terrororist sympathizers... God forbid one of them gets waterboarded. Not like they blew our countrymen's limbs off on too many occasions to name. And that's if they were lucky.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#402 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:25 AM

I really hope you aren't one of those terrororist sympathizers... God forbid one of them gets waterboarded. Not like they blew our countrymen's limbs off on too many occasions to name. And that's if they were lucky.

It's a question of accountability, rule of law and not stooping to your enemys level.
  • Lord Stark likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#403 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

It's a question of accountability, rule of law and not stooping to your enemys level.

Some people have to be hooked up to a battery by their nipples in order to get the idea of not to fuck with the US through their head.

• Crisiss likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#404 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

Some people have to be hooked up to a battery by their nipples in order to get the idea of not to fuck with the US through their head.

People like that never gets it, car battery or no. Torture never pans out the way you want it to. How many enemies of state has torture created? Looking at the state of Iraq I'd say many
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#405 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

People like that never gets it, car battery or no. Torture never pans out the way you want it to. How many enemies of state has torture created? Looking at the state of Iraq I'd say many

Pretty sure the Middle East is so fucked up because of WW1 and the collapse of the Ottomans leaving pretty much every idiot from Cairo to Tehran unchecked. Not that the west fucking around or the soviets hasn't assisted in that, but this goes back much further than "MURICAN NEW WORLD ORDER".

Also, that's why Guatonamo terrorists aren't released. They are there for a reason. They are not going to leave aside from a small minority of cases.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#406 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

The Middle East is largely fucked up because of how map borders were drawn after WW1 and WW2. People who would never get along were suddenly living in the same country and competing in elections.

• Lord Stark and Crisiss like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#407 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

My point is that torture creates more problems and enemies than it solves. We all know why the Middle East is the way it is but giving them reasons to hate you only enforces the warped view of reality that dominates that region.
  • Unikraken and Fleet Admiral agigabyte like this
Sweden can into gender!

#408 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Doesn't mean we can't have fun getting intelligence from them after they try to blow us up. Besides, it can't be that bad. When I was a kid I used to love Barney and I still love Pork. I think I would be in heaven.

• Crisiss likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#409 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Doesn't mean we can't have fun getting intelligence from them after they try to blow us up. Besides, it can't be that bad. When I was a kid I used to love Barney and I still love Pork. I think I would be in heaven.

Remind me to never be in a dark room with you
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Lord Stark like this
Sweden can into gender!

#410 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#411 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

This is why we can't have nice things.

Get out of here commie. A few terrorists in excruciating pain is the cost of FREEDOM.

besides, they fucking deserve it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#412 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Get out of here commie. A few terrorists in excruciating pain is the cost of FREEDOM.
besides, they fucking deserve it.

. What was that about low quality bait.
Sweden can into gender!

#413 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

#Monthlatepost

First off learn to spell terrorist, second torturing people just to torture them makes us no better than the terrorists, particularly when some of these people were released because there was no evidence against them.  Or is simply being brown now a crime in Ameri...oh wait what am I saying of course it is.   :lol:

#414 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

The last three issues weren't as bad as the previous ones. Still shit, but slightly better in my opinion.

So Jul and Halsey finally got the other half of the key, and now they're headed toward Absolute Record.

Speculations on where this could possibly be? The Ark? Or just another lore thing that will be destroyed with yet another extremely awful issue of this neverending serie?

• cagywhiterino likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#415 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:30 AM

AAAANNNNDDD back on topic.

Lets me predict this: the New Covenant arrives at the Record, the Infinity rams and destroys an AC, only to be heavily damaged by an SDV, and the Spartans are sent down to steal back the key, but fail and end up nuking the place instead. So, basically what you said.

In all seriousness though, they have to change the direction the comics going. If anything, it ended up bringing us back to the beginning of Halo 4; Mdama searching for a forerunner weapon/warrior to help them. Its not moving the actual story forward (or maybe something already happened. Idk, I kinda gave up on Escalations after they killed off the Didact).

• SternuS likes this

#416 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

The Didact is dead? Again? LOL So he'll have no role whatsoever in Halo 5? Huh...

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#417 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

The Didact is dead? Again? LOL So he'll have no role whatsoever in Halo 5? Huh...

Pretty sure the Didact was just a device to get the human vs machine deal with chief rolling.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#418 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

Pretty sure the Didact was just a device to get the human vs machine deal with chief rolling.

Ah, so another completely useless plot device.

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#419 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

Ah, so another completely useless plot device.

Not entirely. The didact opens some interesting possibilities with Forerunners, Anceint Humanity, and the Precursors.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#420 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

To be honest, I liked it better when the humans were the forerunners, but that's just me.

• SternuS and Sev like this

76561198099678337.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users