204 replies to this topic

#121 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Begs the question where did they go, perhaps the insurrectionst type faction in escalation cut a deal with them and brought them onboard to help work against the UNSC, the enemy of my enemy.

All in High Charity, all dead.  There are under a thousand left in the galaxy.  Kind of a shame considering their potential as a species.

#122 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

All in High Charity, all dead.  There are under a thousand left in the galaxy.  Kind of a shame considering their potential as a species.

yeah but considering how corrupt they were I highly doubt they would of had any potential after HC went down. Still they were a bunch of ball sack face looking douchebag aliens so i have no remorse for them.

really though Bungie how the hell did you not see that people would make balls jokes because of their chin.

Better question. if a Prophets teabags do they lower their heads up and down?

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#123 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Something else I've wondered about that, where/when did the Prophets lies about the great journey begin, when Truth, Mercy and Regret reactivated the Keyship's Monitor or at the begining of the covenant closer to the time of Legends: The Duel?

Also, were it just the Hierarchs and a close few others or was it every San shy'um aware they werent being completly forth-coming.

#124 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Something else I've wondered about that, where/when did the Prophets lies about the great journey begin, when Truth, Mercy and Regret reactivated the Keyship's Monitor or at the begining of the covenant closer to the time of Legends: The Duel?
Also, were it just the Hierarchs and a close few others or was it every San shy'um aware they werent being completly forth-coming.

The Great Journey began way back with the separatist Prophets leaving their planet. It wasn't called that but they would of needed a clear goal to keep the Elites in check so I am guessing it began around the Prophet/Elite treaty.

Truth, Mercy and Regret where they only ones present when they activated the monitor, so assuming they didn't tell anyone that their religion was a farce I doubt anyone else knew. They Prophets are very political so telling some other Prophets would of left Truth, Mercy and Regret open to political attack.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#125 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

So it was all a lie to begin with but 3 of them knew the lie went deeper- (Humans are the reclaimers not them)

#126 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

So it was all a lie to begin with but 3 of them knew the lie went deeper- (Humans are the reclaimers not them)

Well... they might of thought the Great Journey was real at the start. Probably poorly translated a Forerunner message. In fact I am fairly sure that is the explanation. They found some message from the Ur-Didact describing the activation of the rings as, 'this next great journey' or some such.

Truth, Mercy and Regret definitely knew after activating the Monitor that humanity was more closely entwined with the Forerunner than any Covenant species ever was. I don't think any knew before then though.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#127 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Since everyone else's answers are jumbled, I'll put it in better terms.

It started back during the origin of the Prophets. They were split about how they should go about using Forerunner artifacts, namely a keyship. Eventually, one side decided to barricade themselves in the keyship and leave, tearing a huge piece of rock out of their planet and creating the "foundation" of what would become High Charity. Later, the Prophets encountered the Elites, culminating in the Sangheili-San 'Shyuum War, where the Elites revered Forerunner artifacts and did not touch them, while the Prophets used them for their own benefit. This lead to the Prophets having an overwhelming technological advantage, although they could not gain a foothold outside of space battles. Eventually, with the Prophets realizing that they would need the Elites as protectors if there were other species as tenacious as Elites in the galaxy, and the Elites fearing extinction (likely through or initial bombardment) they eventually signed peace accords. This cumulated in the Writ of Union, the foundation of the Covenant. In the process, the Prophets convinced the Sangheili leadership that they were using Forerunner technology to propel them into a "Great Journey", like someone said, was another misinterpretation of an artifact they likely previously discovered. The Prophets would study and put Forerunner technology into a practical form, while the Elites would serve as their holy protectors and use the technology derived from Forerunner ruins. This, technically, at first wasn't a lie. Both were thoroughly convinced of it. Later, however, Mendicant Bias (the AI aboard the Keyship) got fed up with their shit and told them they had misentepreted a glyph, which they thought had said "reclaimation", after Humanity was found at Harvest. Humans showed up on their Luminaries (they basically were computers that scanned for Forerunner artifacts) as Forerunner artifacts. It had in fact said "reclaimer." The three prophets (Truth, Regret, and Mercy, while not known as such at the time) knew this would fuck the Covenant as splinter it, so they kept it a secret, and decided to commit genocide against Humanity to keep the Covenant from imploding. Eventually the Great Schism came and that all went to fuck, and we know how that turned out.
To answer you question, it was just Truth, Mercy, and Regret that knew the truth about Humanity. Nobody else was told or even learned of it until the events on Threshold, and later Installation 05.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#128 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Actually it seems like at least the entire San'Shyuum side of the High Council, if not their entire race were well aware that the Great Journey was a lie.  

http://www.halopedia.org/Wages_of_Sin

The Minister of Discovery regrets that they maintained the lie for so long even after Thel's mission to Instillation 05 revealed that so much of the journey was a falsehood. 

#129 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Well there goes half of my post.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#130 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Its a shame, They were rumored to be beautiful creature's before the re-seeding. I hope they come back as such, instead of just being wiped out. 

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

#131 Saint Kelly

Saint Kelly

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Steam:HappyKelly
  • LocationU.N.S.C. Destroyer Say My Name Again

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

I hope they burn in hell

The Covenant wonder why their Prophets have all been captured by the humans on the first day of the war. Teleporting Russians have conquered High Charity

76561198030067026.png

Spoiler

#132 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

That would be interesting. Maybe before their homeworld's star collapsed some left and colonized other planets?

I'd like to see the San 'Shyuum come back as kickass space babes

Spoiler

Spoiler

#133 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Its a shame, They were rumored to be beautiful creature's before the re-seeding. I hope they come back as such, instead of just being wiped out. 

Really just the females.  An interesting note is that the Prophet of Truth explicitly states before his ascension in Contact Harvest that a Sangheili rebellion would be the end of the Covenant...and yet he tries it anyway.

#134 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Really just the females.  An interesting note is that the Prophet of Truth explicitly states before his ascension in Contact Harvest that a Sangheili rebellion would be the end of the Covenant...and yet he tries it anyway.

Nah in the Forerunner sage, There warrior's were really badass and shit. Before they fucked over the humans.

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

#135 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Nah in the Forerunner sage, There warrior's were really badass and shit. Before they fucked over the humans.

Damn, wait they fucked over the humans or the Forerunners did?

#136 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

Damn, wait they fucked over the humans or the Forerunners did?

The San Shyum had surrendered to the Forerunners which in turn fucked humanity since they now had the entire fucking forerunner military on their asses

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#137 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

The San Shyum had surrendered to the Forerunners which in turn fucked humanity since they now had the entire fucking forerunner military on their asses

That war was lost anyway imo.  The Forerunner Empire had more ships, faster ships, more resources, and a far larger Empire.  I don't really blame the San'Shyuum.

#138 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

That war was lost anyway imo.  The Forerunner Empire had more ships, faster ships, more resources, and a far larger Empire.  I don't really blame the San'Shyuum.

I'm not so sure about that. The forerunners significantly outnumbered the humans, and yet they couldn't win.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#139 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

I'm not so sure about that. The forerunners significantly outnumbered the humans, and yet they couldn't win.

It would have been a harder war for the Forerunners, but honestly why would the San'Shyuum get reduced culturally and quarantined to their system if they thought they had a chance at victory.  They had to know that the Forerunners wouldn't just let their war go.

#140 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

It would have been a harder war for the Forerunners, but honestly why would the San'Shyuum get reduced culturally and quarantined to their system if they thought they had a chance at victory.  They had to know that the Forerunners wouldn't just let their war go.

To be honest the forerunners were the jackasses of ancient space aliens out of every sci fi universe.

Although Protheans come to a close second.(can't even leave a fucking voice message or note about the giant space squids of doom?)

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users