#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

You realize EVERY single combat ship has a MAC gun now, right? Do you not want them to build ships or something?

I'm all for hearing your suggestions on how to improve the ship. It needs abilities, what abilities do you think the Covies need? Criticism is only so valuable when it doesn't come with informed suggestions.

• Lavo, David0425 and Stephan-338 like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm all for hearing your suggestions on how to improve the ship. It needs abilities, what abilities do you think the Covies need? Criticism is only so valuable when it doesn't come with informed suggestions.

Premature energy projector firing(supercruiser): The Shipmaster of this mighty vessel orders the main weapon to fire at its current charge, releasing a slightly weaker, but regardless deadly lance of light at Heretics.

Anti-Matter bomb (assault Carrier, DDS carrier): The shipmaster orders multiple Specops teams to board an enemy vessel/station, and place bombs in strategic locations, which temporarily cripples, or destroys the target.

Elite Honor Guard(assault carrier): The presence of a Hierarch and  its Elite Honor Guard Rally local Covenant forces into a religious onslaught.

• Armatarge likes this
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#3 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Premature energy projector firing(supercruiser): The Shipmaster of this mighty vessel orders the main weapon to fire at its current charge, releasing a slightly weaker, but regardless deadly lance of light at Heretics.

Anti-Matter bomb (assault Carrier, DDS carrier): The shipmaster orders multiple Specops teams to board an enemy vessel/station, and place bombs in strategic locations, which temporarily cripples, or destroys the target.

Elite Honor Guard(assault carrier): The presence of a Hierarch and its Elite Honor Guard Rally local Covenant forces into a religious onslaught.

I like the second one a lot. Maybe make it similiar to the Corsev from vanilla, but give it AoE damage?

Other than that, I think the CAS should be heavily geared for planetary siege. Give it a Scarab Drop ability (basically a super ODST drop) and honestly, I think it needs to be more powerful. Regret's CAS in Halo 2 tanked multiple SMAC shots, assuming Cortana didn't miss at all (not sure how she would). It's going to need fleet coordination abilities (Staggered Line! or something related to 'Rtas Vadum).

I'll put something better thought out and more coherent later, busy at the moment.
  • David0425 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

The POA took an antimatter bomb to the MAC, and wasn't destroyed. Even with the MAC above the bridge.

"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
Spoiler

#5 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Elite Honor Guard(assault carrier): The presence of a Hierarch and  its Elite Honor Guard Rally local Covenant forces into a religious onslaught.

Perhaps have a passive that you unlock at level 6 that fluffwise adds a Prophet on board the ship, dramatically increasing the religious fervor of the attending fleet. Minor buff to damage and speed, or something like that?

• Coldonne, David0425, Cole Protocol and 1 other like this

#6 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

The POA took an antimatter bomb to the MAC, and wasn't destroyed. Even with the MAC above the bridge.

They have different payloads, in case you weren't aware. They're basically Covenant nukes. They likely used a precision charge as to avoid damaging the Halo, which is also the reason the PoA wasn't vaporized by plasma torpedoes.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 David0425

David0425

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Perhaps have a passive that you unlock at level 6 that fluffwise adds a Prophet on board the ship, dramatically increasing the religious fervor of the attending fleet. Minor buff to damage and speed, or something like that?

sure, i was thinking along those lines.

Spoiler

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Capital ships need a huge XP boost, they get cut through so easily it's hard to get that high unless you're just absolutely tearing into the other fleet or have repair platforms out the ass. Good idea, though. "Religious Fervour" or something?
  • The Flood likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

CAS ability ideas you say? I guess it's time for me to get to work then.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#10 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Capital ships need a huge XP boost, they get cut through so easily it's hard to get that high unless you're just absolutely tearing into the other fleet or have repair platforms out the ass. Good idea, though. "Religious Fervour" or something?

Going to update xp level thresholds this week.

• Crisiss likes this

#11 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Going to update xp level thresholds this week.

Hooray for progress! Might want to cheapen crew training in addition to that, though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Ideas:

Modular Dispersal - The Assault Carrier disconnects breached modules from the vessel, decreasing the damage that has occurred. [Replenishes an amount of HP/ Will have a long cooldown]

Covenant Invasion Force - The CAS deploys a large Covenant attack force planetside, increasing the time taken to conquer a planet. [A planetary siege ability]

Tactical Scarab - When all else fails, the Scarab is dropped to clear up, increasing the time taken to conquer a planet. [A planetary siege ability]

Divine Influence - The presence of a Prophet directing the fleet inspires all as they commit themselves to the will of the gods. [increases the capabilities of all ship systems. Speed, damage, shield and antimatter recharging are all increased for a time]

Wrathful Fanaticism - The holy sermons of the Prophets are played endlessly throughout the vessel, throwing the crew into a fit of zealous rage. [Increases the weapon damage of the CAS for a time]

Overcharged Excavation Beam - The siege is dragging on longer than the Fleetmaster had predicted, cleansing beam to full power, purge the filth. [A planetary siege ability increasing the cleansing beam damage for a time]

Anti-Matter Boarding Party - Only the most faithful of Spec Ops take on this mission, boarding an enemy vessel and detonating an Anti-Matter bomb at its black heart. [Essentially the same idea as presented above]

Hope it helps!

• Unleashed, David0425, Cole Protocol and 2 others like this
"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#13 Antonaccio

Antonaccio

Crewman Apprentice

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMost likely causing a Star to go Supernova

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Supreme Commander: A Supreme Commander oversees Fleet operations(Increase other Capital Ship XP)(If this is even possible)

Plasma Bombardment: Rather than using the primary beam, CAS warships point their plasma torpedoes toward the surface(Heavy bombardment Damage)

Area Denial: Scarabs are deployed in certain sectors of the targeted world(Even when CAS is destroyed, the Planet continues to suffer damage)(Not sure if this is possible either)

Zealous Favor: A Prophet blesses the destruction of the Humans(Fleet receives a damage boost)

#14 The Flood

The Flood

I've had a lot of names.......

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Steam:The Flood
  • LocationA place you can't get to

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I like the anti-matter boarding party, that would be awesome!

some people call me The Flood.......others call me Didact........

Most Call me Night Of Eternal Darkness.....You will never know which one.....

#15 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Maybe a level 6 active ability that causes the ship to enter a Religious fervor, causing the ship to increase fire rate but does extreme damage to the ship...

you know, because the guns would begin to overheat...

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#16 Hart

Hart

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:cdr_hart

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

Ideas:

Divine Influence - The presence of a Prophet directing the fleet inspires all as they commit themselves to the will of the gods. [increases the capabilities of all ship systems. Speed, damage, shield and antimatter recharging are all increased for a time]

Hope it helps!

For emphasis.  Assuming the two phase combat model is still the goal, Upping shield regen rate I would think is great way to effectively counter "The UNSC are guns, with life support, and more guns to defend them, oh and rooms inside, to hold more guns for the humans on them to carry around!" tendency.  Personally I'd probably go one further and do just a heck of a shield recharge bump(3/4 or 1/2 of the expected damage of a mac round at late game) that lasts a minute or two with a lengthy cooldown.  Hell, might be able to re-purpose the vanillia sins passive for diplomat ships.  Call it "commanding fear"  or something equally pompus, but I could see a room full of UNSC captains drawing straw's to see who has to shoot that big ugly bastard first.

Perhaps  Rabid Huragok or something similar to bump hull repair if all of that sounds disagreeable?    Dunno.  My gut feeling is anything they can do to drag out the combat duration is going to do wonders for a covenant fleet.

Also..  seeing as strike teams were boarding the POA in the original halo game(And the clever tactic of attaching to lifeboat airlocks)..  should the above suggested version be almost a mainstay of the covie fleet?  I stress, I'm not talking "All Hingeheads Get spartan boarding party"  But perhaps a lowered cost version that deals some significant (and perhaps Delayed?) damage?  heh, I can see the loyalist one now:

Everything's a nail:

Deploys ten brutes, and ten hammers to the target vessel.

#17 Coldonne

Coldonne

Crewman Apprentice

• Contributor
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Coldonne Adams
  • LocationThe Grid

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

What about a focus fire? Increasing the rate of fire of all weapons or something?

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

What about a focus fire? Increasing the rate of fire of all weapons or something?

Ah, the traditional "yeah we have no creative ability so here, shoot faster" that so many games and mods are plagued with.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 Coldonne

Coldonne

Crewman Apprentice

• Contributor
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:Coldonne Adams
  • LocationThe Grid

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Jeez sorry, it was just a thought.

#20 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

Ah, the traditional "yeah we have no creative ability so here, shoot faster" that so many games and mods are plagued with.

come up with something better then...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users