Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

SoaSe feature. Not a bug.

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#102 Cmdr Daefaron

Cmdr Daefaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Weird, I remember it working normally with showing the planets zoomed out fully (even if it was simple player-color circles), but only not showing up with the latest halo mod version <_<.

#103 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Disabled the mod and checked? Maybe what you mean is disabled in the options?

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#104 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

From what i remember from playing multi star maps that game only shows you the player colored circles if you mouse over the star. Thats one of the reasons multi star maps are annoying to play on.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#105 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:40 AM

This is my first version of SotP

I'm quite enjoying it so far(for many many reasons), my only complaints gameplay wise as of this writing would be that the research trees feel a bit empty, the lack of the culture mechanic, and there being no static covenant orbital defenses.

Canon wise, I find it strange that High Charity is the covvies starbase, when Unyielding Hierophant would make more sense. But I'm sure I'll get over this.

I forgot something, this weird thing happens where it briefly freezes every 2/3 seconds about 45 minutes into a game(it happens on the highest and the lowest settings). I've made it LAA and have a decent computer. This does only happen on large maps though, so that is a good thing. I'm mainly curious if anyone else experiences a similar problem.

#106 marshalreaper

marshalreaper

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

awsome mod so far keep up the good work!

#107 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

I'm quite enjoying it so far(for many many reasons), my only complaints gameplay wise as of this writing would be that the research trees feel a bit empty, the lack of the culture mechanic, and there being no static covenant orbital defenses.

Canon wise, I find it strange that High Charity is the covvies starbase, when Unyielding Hierophant would make more sense. But I'm sure I'll get over this.

I forgot something, this weird thing happens where it briefly freezes every 2/3 seconds about 45 minutes into a game(it happens on the highest and the lowest settings). I've made it LAA and have a decent computer. This does only happen on large maps though, so that is a good thing. I'm mainly curious if anyone else experiences a similar problem.

It is my understanding the mod developers are currently revamping the research trees. They are also planning on making High Charity a Covenant home planet and (I think) make Unyielding Hierophant the starbase. I haven't encountered any lag after making my game LAA, but I only play large maps with one or two other AI players. Perhaps you have too many AI players in your game?

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#108 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

That is because even with LAA you are hitting the RAM usage limit of the Sins game engine. Nothing we can do on that one, sorry.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#109 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

Fair enough, it only happens when there are supppper giant fleets flying all over the place.

#110 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Could some of the vanilla maps go back in to the mod? The new maps are good, but there's a large part of me that wants to play something other than Last Stand or the (not very) random maps.

• MrChipps, Crisiss and Whitehalomango like this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#111 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

Could some of the vanilla maps go back in to the mod? The new maps are good, but there's a large part of me that wants to play something other than Last Stand or the (not very) random maps.

We have every intention of adding the more popular maps back into the mod, but they require a bit of work and we're not exactly sure what are most wanted back in. Got any preferences? Maybe if people agree they can like your comment and that'll give us at least somewhere to start.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#112 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

We have every intention of adding the more popular maps back into the mod, but they require a bit of work and we're not exactly sure what are most wanted back in. Got any preferences? Maybe if people agree they can like your comment and that'll give us at least somewhere to start.

Gateway is the first that comes to mind. Along with Agamemnon's Bounty, they fit well with the whole choke-point thing. Balance of Power was also good, Hyperion's Gates, and Twin Empires. Those are the only ones I can think of off by heart. 

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#113 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

Gateway is the first that comes to mind. Along with Agamemnon's Bounty, they fit well with the whole choke-point thing. Balance of Power was also good, Hyperion's Gates, and Twin Empires. Those are the only ones I can think of off by heart. 

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

And in case Cole is just going to rebuild these: THIS MEANS THE ORIGINAL MAPS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. NO SPECIAL CHANGES OR THINGS YOU THINK WOULD BE COOL. THE ACTUAL MAPS.
  • Metanator likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#114 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:31 AM

And in case Cole is just going to rebuild these: THIS MEANS THE ORIGINAL MAPS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. NO SPECIAL CHANGES OR THINGS YOU THINK WOULD BE COOL. THE ACTUAL MAPS.

He doesn't have to rebuild them. We can set it up via messing with the files.

Spoiler

#115 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:04 AM

He doesn't have to rebuild them. We can set it up via messing with the files.

oh, okay. I remember the explanation that I got is that they were broken somehow (in addition to planet types like the shattered moon and radiation storm and whatnot that come with the stellar phenomena DLC)

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#116 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hmmm the shattered moon looks so cool.
  • Unleashed and Crisiss like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#117 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

great work on the mod however for some odd reason the super carrier still disappears when it jumps in between planets

• Unleashed and TheBestKorea* like this

#118 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

great work on the mod however for some odd reason the super carrier still disappears when it jumps in between planets

Its been fixed in the internal build.

• Unleashed and spartan3227mike like this
Spoiler

#119 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

I figure this was minor enough to not start a whole new thread about it. But:
Looking at the video from 1:36 to the other assault on camber there are at least 9 different energy projectors on the CAS.
1. Center under the bow 2. Left of center of the bow 3. Right of center on the bow 4. On the right wing of the carrier closest to the hangar. 5. On the right wing of the carrier farthest from the hangar 6. On the left wing of the carrier closest to the hangar. 7. On the left wing of the carrier farthest from the hangar 8. On the dorsal fin that destroyed the marathon in Halo 2 9. Near the gravity lift.

I guess my question/ suggestion is will the CAS have more than one projector in the next build?

#120 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

I figure this was minor enough to not start a whole new thread about it. But:
Looking at the video from 1:36 to the other assault on camber there are at least 9 different energy projectors on the CAS. 
1. Center under the bow 2. Left of center of the bow 3. Right of center on the bow 4. On the right wing of the carrier closest to the hangar. 5. On the right wing of the carrier farthest from the hangar 6. On the left wing of the carrier closest to the hangar. 7. On the left wing of the carrier farthest from the hangar 8. On the dorsal fin that destroyed the marathon in Halo 2 9. Near the gravity lift.

I guess my question/ suggestion is will the CAS have more than one projector in the next build?

ThoseArePulseLasers.jpg

• Idio likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users