62 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Well that isn't really ok, but also Bungie contradicted themselves many times, so I can live with that.

Why?  Halo has and always been a multiplayer focused game with the campaign as a second priority.  Of the seven friends I know who played Halo 3 regularly only 2 of us had finished the campaign and one of them was because the two of us wanted to play through the co-op campaign.  

#42 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Why? Halo has and always been a multiplayer focused game with the campaign as a second priority. Of the seven friends I know who played Halo 3 regularly only 2 of us had finished the campaign and one of them was because the two of us wanted to play through the co-op campaign.

Ummm.... Nope. The first two were campaign focused, the third was even, ODST was campaign, wars was multi, reach was multi, 4 was multi.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#43 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

wars was multi

Lol no. That game had the best storyline imo out of all the other games combined. I still shed a tear when i think about that ending, no other game has done that to me.

• Defender0 likes this

#44 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Why?  Halo has and always been a multiplayer focused game with the campaign as a second priority.  Of the seven friends I know who played Halo 3 regularly only 2 of us had finished the campaign and one of them was because the two of us wanted to play through the co-op campaign.

Not sure if troll or serious.
Halo 1 LAN was really rushed on the last minute, halo 2 it was more of an add on.
However if you're on about H4 and reach I'm with you, and that's everything that's wrong with it, all it needs is a decent co OP and basic multiplayer. Not an all singing all dancing twitch shooter.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#45 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

U wot m8?

Halo 1 didn't even had multy, it was a scrappy (yet amazing) LAN party all the time.

Halo 2 had 15 missions of Campaign, and an awesome multy, but wasn't multiplayer-focused (as Spectre said, it was some sort of add-on).

Halo 3 focused entirely on Campaign, with muliplayer maps being added by 343i.

I can't really say anything about Halo Wars, Ensemble being disbanded even before its release (MAY GOD DAMN YOU MICROSOFT)

I wouldn't say ODST had a multy, although I loved Firefight and I still hope we will see it make a return in H5

I loved Reach's campaign, but its multy was unbearable. Even after 343i took over Bungie's control of the game, it was unplayable. I think Bungie didn't even care about making a decent multy that time.

And for H4, yes, I agree, alas, saying that it was multiplayer-focused. And it has a friggin' amazing multy. But the worst campaign in the serie. Maybe is it just me hoping that Halo hasn't always been focused on multy? Maybe.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#46 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

ODSTs characters NEED to return, they have too much established lore.

• SternuS likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#47 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

I can't really say anything about Halo Wars

i can.

halo wars multiplayer was meh compared to its singleplayer (in terms of relative awesomeness). the gameplay between multiplayer and singleplayer were basically the same, and while multiplayer was definitely fun, singleplayer was something i could never get tired of. halo wars was a singleplayer game with a multiplayer component, kind of like if halo 1 had an online multiplayer, the singleplayer part of it would feel superior

• SternuS, SPECTRE and Cole Protocol like this

#48 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

i can.

halo wars multiplayer was meh compared to its singleplayer (in terms of relative awesomeness). the gameplay between multiplayer and singleplayer were basically the same, and while multiplayer was definitely fun, singleplayer was something i could never get tired of. halo wars was a singleplayer game with a multiplayer component, kind of like if halo 1 had an online multiplayer, the singleplayer part of it would feel superior

Multiplayer was only fun when you weren't facing god-stomping Generals. The best games were the 3 hour ones.
  • Defender0, SternuS and SPECTRE like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#49 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Multiplayer was only fun when you weren't facing god-stomping Generals. The best games were the 3 hour ones.

those games were the best, it always felt like i was earning that victory

#50 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

those games were the best, it always felt like i was earning that victory

I used to be very good at the game when I first played it nonstop (like I could have an army of hawks in 6 minutes) but it was more fun just waiting around and stalemating a bit. I can play decently now but I only ever played it with a small group of friends since multiplayer was pretty much hold out until you die. Such great memories on that game.

I will never forget you, asshole blue guy.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#51 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

U wot m8?

Halo 1 didn't even had multy, it was a scrappy (yet amazing) LAN party all the time.

Halo 2 had 15 missions of Campaign, and an awesome multy, but wasn't multiplayer-focused (as Spectre said, it was some sort of add-on).

Halo 3 focused entirely on Campaign, with muliplayer maps being added by 343i.

I can't really say anything about Halo Wars, Ensemble being disbanded even before its release (MAY GOD DAMN YOU MICROSOFT)

I wouldn't say ODST had a multy, although I loved Firefight and I still hope we will see it make a return in H5

I loved Reach's campaign, but its multy was unbearable. Even after 343i took over Bungie's control of the game, it was unplayable. I think Bungie didn't even care about making a decent multy that time.

And for H4, yes, I agree, alas, saying that it was multiplayer-focused. And it has a friggin' amazing multy. But the worst campaign in the serie. Maybe is it just me hoping that Halo hasn't always been focused on multy? Maybe.

Nah bro.  Halo 2 was the most played online multiplayer game on the 360 even when Gears of War was released.  Halo 3 was the multiplayer game for years between Forge and Matchmaking, and Halo Reach was...well no one really like Reach.  ODST wasn't nearly as successful because it lacked multiplayer.  And yeah Halo 1 didn't have online multiplayer but people played the shit out of it on LAN.  Halo has a larger percentage of Lore fans than most games but don't kid yourself, most players are casual multiplayers fans.  I retract that Halo 1 was multiplayer based, but Halo 2 certainly was.

#52 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Nah bro.  Halo 2 was the most played online multiplayer game on the 360 even when Gears of War was released.  Halo 3 was the multiplayer game for years between Forge and Matchmaking, and Halo Reach was...well no one really like Reach.  ODST wasn't nearly as successful because it lacked multiplayer.  And yeah Halo 1 didn't have online multiplayer but people played the shit out of it on LAN.  Halo has a larger percentage of Lore fans than most games but don't kid yourself, most players are casual multiplayers fans.

I say hang the barstards. And their gold membershite.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#53 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

I'll take those memberships...
cause I'm probably gonna have to dump $60 into one to get my GTA:O grind back on D:<

Spoiler

Spoiler

#54 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'll take those memberships...
cause I'm probably gonna have to dump $60 into one to get my GTA:O grind back on D:<

Wait until PC release.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#55 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'd say encourage buddies to finish the campaign.  If 343 sees more people unlocking the campaign achievements they'd put more money in campaign.  I dunno about you guys but on Xbox live accounts I rarely see people who've finished the campaign, rarer still people who have finished on anything above normal mode.  Damn shame. 

#56 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Wait until PC release.

Ugh... I'm like level 67 though and that grind took me FOREVER.
I might buy an X1 since apparently level will carry over. Also Halo and stuffs.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#57 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

I'd say encourage buddies to finish the campaign.  If 343 sees more people unlocking the campaign achievements they'd put more money in campaign.  I dunno about you guys but on Xbox live accounts I rarely see people who've finished the campaign, rarer still people who have finished on anything above normal mode.  Damn shame. 

Have completed, Heroic. Have completed all but cortana on solo legendary.

the Only time i bought gold was to play co op with my family while i was on deployment, only turned out there was no internet in the badlands of helmand.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#58 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Have completed, Heroic. Have completed all but cortana on solo legendary.
the Only time i bought gold was to play co op with my family while i was on deployment, only turned out there was no internet in the badlands of helmand.

Peasant. I've done every game solo legendary. Halo 2 was probably the hardest.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#59 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I cannot complete Halo 2 on legendary.  Those Sangheili ultras....devastating.

#60 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

Still more money, and have a higher title than you.

And, i haven't played H3 since i left the army.

I cannot complete Halo 2 on legendary.  Those Sangheili ultras....devastating.

Last mission against tartarus. Holy shet.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users