• Create Account

Photo

So how are you guys going to handle the new canon ships?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Eh.

HeheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

"We can’t wait to work with Spartan Games on the [REDACTED] and the absolutely massive (even at this game’s scale) Long Night of Solace!

- 343 Industries Franchise Team"

Well if they put the Long Night of Plot Devices into their tabletop game we can probably use it as a club in case of home invasion.

So that's good.

• MrChipps, Crisiss and Jacob_2195 like this

#22 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

The Prometheus and Galaxy class of the TNG era both use modular dispersal technology to combat the enemy on more than one front. The modular dispersal part of the Assault Carrier was probably intended to detatch the combat module from the hangar module so they could fight directly while keeping a FOB out of range.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#23 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

Wouldn't that depressurise the main hangar though?

And even so, the ORS is still an ugly ship. They combined too many elements from other ships into it. Same as the Epoch carrier

#24 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

Wouldn't that depressurise the main hangar though?

No? Why would it? Both sections would be sealed and if anything, openings would be sealed with energy fields like the Covenant have always done. Their ships don't even have hangar doors, they're energy fields, remember?

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#25 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

The Prometheus and Galaxy class of the TNG era both use modular dispersal technology to combat the enemy on more than one front. The modular dispersal part of the Assault Carrier was probably intended to detatch the combat module from the hangar module so they could fight directly while keeping a FOB out of range.

Maybe, but we have no records about that. The books don't mention it. The only time we saw it being used was to abandon the second module due to Spartans performing a boarding action.

Also:

"The Modular Dispersal Technology is equipped to certain Covenant warships for use. Modular Dispersal Technology was used by the Covenant to detach damaged, non-critical sections of a ship rather than return to a repair center. It was also used disperse a part of the ship which could leave any hostiles stranded in space. To do this the ship must detonate charges that would break off that part of the ship."

Which could mean we both are right. Anyway, I got your point.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#26 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

I'm a figure head in the Halo modding community. I can make its usefulness whatever I feel like. :P That description is poorly worded, I'm assuming its from the wiki. In which case, I doubt that that's the only function modular dispersal serves. I mean that would be silly if it was, since there are so many other uses such as the TNG reference I made. In fact at some point I planned on doing this for Homefront for the CAS, since its the mothership atm. Even on the Sins version of the Assault Carrier, on the back of the top part, dunno if you can see it in-game, but there is a section there for additional engines.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#27 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

I'm a figure head in the Halo modding community. I can make its usefulness whatever I feel like. :P That description is poorly worded, I'm assuming its from the wiki. In which case, I doubt that that's the only function modular dispersal serves. I mean that would be silly if it was, since there are so many other uses such as the TNG reference I made. In fact at some point I planned on doing this for Homefront for the CAS, since its the mothership atm. Even on the Sins version of the Assault Carrier, on the back of the top part, dunno if you can see it in-game, but there is a section there for additional engines.

Fair enough.

And no, I've never seen that part of the CAS! Shame on me, I thought I knew every little secret of that ship.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#28 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Fair enough.

And no, I've never seen that part of the CAS! Shame on me, I thought I knew every little secret of that ship.

Everyone's attention to detail is pretty bad. I mean all you had to do was look at the RCS.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#29 Diezel23

Diezel23

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

While I'm personally happy that we are getting a miniatures game of this type, the new ships just don't have the personality of the others. Like mentioned above they seem lazy, almost like it was made by someone drawing a random spaceship and adding all the "scifi" features that make it cool without thought for function and practicality. Sure, none of the ships in Halo are very practical, but they at least stick with design theme. Industrial for the UNSC, aquatic and almost lifelike for the Covenant.  I just hope they do a better job with later models and accept some consumer feedback.

#30 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

I think they'll make them how 343 wants them to look like. 343s been there every step of the way. So I doubt they'll take advice from the community, aside from the testers (if they have any).

#31 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

I just hope they do a better job with later models and accept some consumer feedback.

I've been in brief contact with them. They have no interest in consumer feedback because 343 gave them the go ahead. They're in full-on ego mode now. A fan replied to one of their tweets saying he felt like they mistreated American fans and their official response was "no we don't".

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#32 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:20 AM

Well 343 did take feedback for H5 but I don't think they listen to fans about the actual lore.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#33 Diezel23

Diezel23

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

I've been in brief contact with them. They have no interest in consumer feedback because 343 gave them the go ahead. They're in full-on ego mode now. A fan replied to one of their tweets saying he felt like they mistreated American fans and their official response was "no we don't".

That's rather unfortunate. 

#34 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'm really excited about the miniature game, I've wanted Bungie/343 to do a space based game for a long time, didn't actually think it would ever happen. It'll be interesting to see if it's fun to play, I've played most of the different games that Spartan Games produces and I think their community has previously viewed them as well regarded, very much hope that their interaction with 343 doesn't have a negative effect. 

I'd also be quite upset if they choose to make post-war era ships and they become viable competitively, I agree with the majority of the community here in that they look completely out of place at best and terribly designed at worst. As long as things stay during the Human-Covenant war era, I'll happily throw my money at them.

#35 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

Epoch Carrier is trash.

Mspaint artistry 

#36 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:09 AM

I'm not sure if I like it or not, should have been based more off the UNSC Atlas, I definitely prefer the Athens model, the similarities with the Phoenix class make it seem more of a natural design evolution.

#37 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

Spartan Games have released an image of their version of the Valiant Class. I think the ship shows a pretty clear design evolution from the Halcyon to Marathon generation and I like the model.

However, I think SoTP's version better represents the ship, the mod's version has a more unique design which makes it stand out among a fleet, Spartan's version also looks much more combat orientated, which I feel is an odd choice as the ship has only ever featured in previous canon as a command and control ship.

11223911_10153102635836298_2374523179125

#38 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

OK I have been more or less fine with previous spartan game designs. But that one. That one just hurts. Its like they shoved the MAC of a Pairs down the throat of a Marathon and then kit bashed a halcyon engine block on the back. 

This is my valiant. 

Spoiler

and it always will be

• MrChipps and SternuS like this

#39 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

To be honest, I thought the Epoch, with a little editing and polish, could be salvaged in a way.

Maybe a little with this Valiant impostor, but it needs extensive modification to the shape and detailing.

Overall, I think SoTP's version of the Valiant is far superior.

11223911_10153102635836298_2374523179125

Mspaint artistry 

#40 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Now, that's LITERALLY the front of a Frigate, the body of a Marathon, and the back of a Halcyon.

The two frontal panels also look like they just bent upward and spreaded thinner the broadside parts of a Frigate.

H3_ForwardUntoDawn_Side.png

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Cole Protocol like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users