176 replies to this topic

#61 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Lasky was ordered to sent a pelican after chief to forcefully bring him back, instead he gave chief the pelican because he believed what the chief was saying about the didact. Please go back and play Halo 4 because i remember those cutscenes like the back of my hand.

Well I'm glad you agreed with me that Lasky let the Chief go and not Del Rio, you just reiterated what I had just said.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well I'm glad you agreed with me that Lasky let the Chief go and not Del Rio

Excuse me, but Del Rio got DEMOTED because he left chief on requiem. Again, replay halo 4. If you want, i can point you to the exact points in the game im referencing

#63 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Alrighty guys... you both are right... let's not make another flame war...

tumblr_m1lwqdTSMq1r0600v.png
  • Defender0 likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#64 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Excuse me, but Del Rio got DEMOTED because he left chief on requiem. Again, replay halo 4. If you want, i can point you to the exact points in the game im referencing

Del Rio got demoted because he didn't stay and fight. Lasky is the one that gave Chief a pelican and allowed him to leave Infinity, Del Rio didn't know. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make as you already told me Lasky let the Chief leave the Infinity, which I already knew.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#65 Kommrad II

Kommrad II

Ask me about those ship icons.

• Banned
  • 223 posts
  • LocationNEV-AH-DUH

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Well, that gives another reason for the cloak

maybe he was using it to cover up his armor, preventing air recon from finding him. Similar in function to a ghillie suit worn by snipers

You also fail to realize that this is the fucking future, and im willing to bet that a little cloak (which was just shitty writing on 343's part) wouldn't do a whole bunch to protect him from the future radar shit they would be using to find him. 

"Groovy."

Ask me about those ships icons I owe Unikraken.

#66 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Two words, Space Cloak.
  • Defender0 likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#67 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

You also fail to realize that this is the fucking future, and im willing to bet that a little cloak (which was just shitty writing on 343's part) wouldn't do a whole bunch to protect him from the future radar shit they would be using to find him. 

Ok, and btw, how are those icons coming along?

Now, if were all done with the rage party about the cloak, Halo 4, etc. who wants to start guessing at whos war sphinx that possibly is?

#68 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Ok, and btw, how are those icons coming along?

Now, if were all done with the rage party about the cloak, Halo 4, etc. who wants to start guessing at whos war sphinx that possibly is?

Librarian? o.O MIND BLOWN

It could be though - (FORERUNNER TRILOGY SPOILERS)
Spoiler

• Defender0 likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#69 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

343 Guilty Spark RETURNS!!! In a big kickass war sphinx body.
  • sloosecannon, Defender0 and SternuS like this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#70 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

343 Guilty Spark RETURNS!!! In a big kickass war sphinx body.

Heh he's gonna be like: "Greetings. I am 343 Guilty Spark War Sphinx of Death, ex-Monitor of Installation 04. Please try to destroy this one now."

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#71 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

again its probably just like the halo 3 trailer with the kids. None of that shit happened but it made a damn fine trailer.

• Defender0 and D4RKST0RM99 like this
Posted Image

#72 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

again its probably just like the halo 3 trailer with the kids. None of that shit happened but it made a damn fine trailer.

Same applies to the halo 4 launch trailer, otherwise we'd all be throwing ourselves out that hole for kicks.

• Defender0 likes this

#73 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Same applies to the halo 4 launch trailer, otherwise we'd all be throwing ourselves out that hole for kicks.

And what about Halo 2? The debut trailer was actual part of a level, but the demo? They invented a whole new level that we never saw in the game, although it was a pretty good presentation.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#74 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

And what about Halo 2? The debut trailer was actual part of a level, but the demo? They invented a whole new level that we never saw in the game, although it was a pretty good presentation.

It was a pretty impressive vid, I heard a few years after release their would be a version of the game released with that demo plus extras, I guess that idea never bore fruit, still would have been nice, does anyone know the reason behind the scrapping and restarting of the game developement?, I'd always assumed they would be unable to keep tha game running consistently at that level of quality of graphics, I do know that because of this setback they didnt have time to come up with a better ending beyond just being a stepping stone to Halo 3

#75 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sadly the question you asked will never have a real awenser. The closest thing we have to an awenser though is that they ran out of time. Which dose'nt make any sense because they only had 2 more levels to code. then they scraped everything they had and made the halo 2 we have now in like  months.

Posted Image

#76 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

It was a pretty impressive vid, I heard a few years after release their would be a version of the game released with that demo plus extras, I guess that idea never bore fruit, still would have been nice, does anyone know the reason behind the scrapping and restarting of the game developement?, I'd always assumed they would be unable to keep tha game running consistently at that level of quality of graphics, I do know that because of this setback they didnt have time to come up with a better ending beyond just being a stepping stone to Halo 3

Directly from IGN: "[...]Unfortunately, the core programmers were all too used to working in the same room, and coordination between teams suffered. When the project leads put the whole game together for the first time, what they found was a disjointed mess. Nothing was consistent, not story, not difficulty... not fun. These were perfectionists following up on their masterpiece, and it played like a slow-motion car wreck.

They scrapped nearly everything and started fresh. The deadline was just a year away.[...]"

You can find the whole review here.

#77 CanadaMan7

CanadaMan7

Commander-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

To be totally honest, the Halo 5 trailer looks retarded as hell. I'll buy it, just to finish out the series' story and play the multiplayer, but I'm not gonna be happy about it.

I might manage to enjoy it though, who knows.

Meanwhile, Destiny is on the horizon. And boy, does it look good. It has all the passion, character, and careful thought that Halo used to have.

yLM4TEk.png

#78 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Directly from IGN: "[...]Unfortunately, the core programmers were all too used to working in the same room, and coordination between teams suffered. When the project leads put the whole game together for the first time, what they found was a disjointed mess. Nothing was consistent, not story, not difficulty... not fun. These were perfectionists following up on their masterpiece, and it played like a slow-motion car wreck.

They scrapped nearly everything and started fresh. The deadline was just a year away.[...]"

You can find the whole review here.

Thankyou my friend for that informative nugget, in the event if they consider a halo 2 anniversary further down the line do you think it would be a straight conversion or would they try to improve upon it like give it a meatier ending other than MC calling home after catching the last bus.

Hell if it was up to me I'd give it its own mini spartan ops-esque bonus missions to relive the great First Strike moments like the taking of the Ascendent Justice, the spartan pick up at reach and onto the unyeilding heirophant were you would ram the afore mentioned covenant carrier up its bloated a$$. Course the most important aspect of this is YOU ARE PLAYING AS MASTER CHIEF!!! and not some random spartan.

#79 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thankyou my friend for that informative nugget, in the event if they consider a halo 2 anniversary further down the line do you think it would be a straight conversion or would they try to improve upon it like give it a meatier ending other than MC calling home after catching the last bus.

Hell if it was up to me I'd give it its own mini spartan ops-esque bonus missions to relive the great First Strike moments like the taking of the Ascendent Justice, the spartan pick up at reach and onto the unyeilding heirophant were you would ram the afore mentioned covenant carrier up its bloated a$$. Course the most important aspect of this is YOU ARE PLAYING AS MASTER CHIEF!!! and not some random spartan.

That's another reason why I hate Spartan Assault. They could've chosen between many good stories, but instead they took the worst.

Well if they're gonna do an Anniversary, It must be exactly the same as the original, no levels/cutscenes addition.

• D4RKST0RM99 likes this

#80 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

That's another reason why I hate Spartan Assault. They could've chosen between many good stories, but instead they took the worst.

Well if they're gonna do an Anniversary, It must be exactly the same as the original, no levels/cutscenes addition.

Y'know this made me think of the re-release of Startrek the Original Series. when it began the studios just made straight minor cgi upgrades to all the special effects and model shots but gradually (perhaps due to fan pressure) they began replacing the origianl model futage with more modern special effects adding scenes that differ greatly from the original, it wouldnt nessecarilly be a bad thing in the case of a halo 2 remake (considering it sort of is an unfinished game) but then again,  George Lucas has shown how this can be taken too far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users