#101 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Forerunner frigates are sentinels. While the forerunner capital ships are individually overwhelming, the frigates display technical prowess by being mass produced.
Evidence can be seen that Onyx's surface was made of trillions of sentinels. And also 10 weaker ships will deal much better against the flood than 1 massively powerful one.

Yep. Even without a certain ability all Sentinels have, there is literally no better race to fight the Flood than the Forerunners. The Sentinel spam can wipe out the Flood just due to sheer numbers - we don't care if they capture 50 of the ships b/c there are 500 of them in the fleet.

• Defender0 likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#102 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Right, makes sense. So the basic idea with Forerunners is to have weaker ship spam and OP capitals?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#103 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Right, makes sense. So the basic idea with Forerunners is to have weaker ship spam and OP capitals?

That's the idea as far as I can tell, others might say it's more complicated.

I imagine they would benefit greatly from their research tree as well, most factions like this do. I compare them to 7DS's Atlantian faction.

But I'm not personally designing them, so who knows.

• Moustachio86 likes this

#104 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

it's complicated.

Basically this

#105 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

That's neither what I said nor a useful explanation.

#106 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

That's the idea as far as I can tell, others might say it's more complicated.

I imagine they would benefit greatly from their research tree as well, most factions like this do. I compare them to 7DS's Atlantian faction.

But I'm not personally designing them, so who knows.

Pretty much on the research. Not exactly implemented yet, but that's the plan...

#define true false

Spoiler

#107 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

That's neither what I said nor a useful explanation.

I took your quote, edited it to what was the best explanation of the forerunners as of now, and posted. If you have a problem with this, look at all of the WIP signs that are put up around that faction

#108 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

I took your quote, edited it to what was the best explanation of the forerunners as of now, and posted. If you have a problem with this, look at all of the WIP signs that are put up around that faction

I think he knows they're WIP - his explaination was good too.

Anyways...

#define true false

Spoiler

#109 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

The reason I said something is that people only say "It's complicated," when they don't have a good answer and they're trying to weasel out of admitting it. I don't like it when my quotations are edited in such a way that they make it look as though I'm trying to weasel out of admitting I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't think anyone likes that.

If you don't have an answer for someone, just tell them. On the other hand, if "It's complicated," means that the answer is complex, then give him the complex answer. And if the complex answer would reveal information that you don't want revealed yet, then tell him that.

• MrChipps, Bornstellaris and Aunt Gruntie like this

#110 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

The reason I said something is that people only say "It's complicated," when they don't have a good answer and they're trying to weasel out of admitting it. I don't like it when my quotations are edited in such a way that they make it look as though I'm trying to weasel out of admitting I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't think anyone likes that.

If you don't have an answer for someone, just tell them. On the other hand, if "It's complicated," means that the answer is complex, then give him the complex answer. And if the complex answer would reveal information that you don't want revealed yet, then tell him that.

If this were anyone else, i would concede, except that its my faction and i can tell people whats going on with them in the way i want to, because im the most capable person here who CAN do so. If i want to say my plans for the forerunners are complicated, its because thats the way i want to express it.

#111 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

If this were anyone else, i would concede, except that its my faction and i can tell people whats going on with them in the way i want to, because im the most capable person here who CAN do so. If i want to say my plans for the forerunners are complicated, its because thats the way i want to express it.

Very well then.

This argument is silly and you should feel silly. Now let's get back on topic, shall we?

• Defender0 and zaun3694 like this
#define true false

Spoiler

#112 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Way to sit on the fence as per usual, sloose.

I think the general answer to this topic is, "No. We'll tell you if we change our minds."

• sloosecannon and Metanator like this

#113 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Oh absolutely. I'm always on the fence. Agreed, we've beaten this subject to death enough...
#define true false

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users