• Create Account

Photo

How to install the mod. (Updated for Rebellion)

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#161 Buttered

Buttered

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

It is. I was making that mistake earlier, but I just wasn't having the mod effect the game when doing that. I've tried the proper folder from three different downloads now.

#162 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

My last suggestion would be going to the readme file in the rebellion 1.82 mods folder, that readme activate the mod without booting up the game.

Juts go into that readme and where it says modcount type in 1 and there should be a modlost under that you type in the exact name of the sotp mod folder toure trying to activate. The reasoning behind this is some of the devs had trouble activating the mod as well

If none of that makes any sense i'll look for the exact names of everything once i get home in a couple of hours. Alternatively check the readme that comes with the mod
  • Crisiss likes this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#163 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

My last suggestion would be going to the readme file in the rebellion 1.82 mods folder, that readme activate the mod without booting up the game.

Juts go into that readme and where it says modcount type in 1 and there should be a modlost under that you type in the exact name of the sotp mod folder toure trying to activate. The reasoning behind this is some of the devs had trouble activating the mod as well

If none of that makes any sense i'll look for the exact names of everything once i get home in a couple of hours. Alternatively check the readme that comes with the mod

This. The in game mod menu is shit and you're better off trying to load it through the EnabledMods file. Tried to load internal multiple times today through the in game menu and eventually I just gave up and used notepad to change it.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#164 theselfescaping

theselfescaping

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

I had to use Notepad to enable SotP as well, I don't think I had to do that with the previous release.

Posted Image

CAMPAIGN MAPS

The Long Night (Sins of the Prophets 0.75.1)

Warday (Sins of the Prophets 0.75.1)

Warlords (Thrawn's Revenge II: Ascendancy)

New Frontiers (Star Trek: Sacrifice of Angels 2)

#165 Buttered

Buttered

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I just extracted the enabled mod txt from the mod folder and replaced the one in the Sins mod folder. Works just fine now.

Thanks guys.

#166 jupjup4ever

jupjup4ever

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

having an issue i followed the instructions downloaded installed the mod in the correct location. 

i go into sins to enable the mod. and then my games gives me the checksum 85717415. 

i apply the mod and my games goes to the new loading screen, and i get a mini dump.

i have deleted the mod and re installed it 3 times, the same with sins.

no different 

help  plz

thanks

#167 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Do what I just told the last guy, try enabling the mod through "eneablemods.txt" in the rebellion mod folder

• Defender0 likes this

#168 jupjup4ever

jupjup4ever

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Do what I just told the last guy, try enabling the mod through "eneablemods.txt" in the rebellion mod folder

please, i tried that it still crashes on start up.

it doesn't get past the loading screen.

any other suggestions  ?

#169 Wilhelm König

Wilhelm König

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

please, i tried that it still crashes on start up.

it doesn't get past the loading screen.

any other suggestions  ?

1. Make sure the mod itself isn't in another folder (the mod when you download it comes in another folder)
2. Redownload the mod
not clear either you have done these steps already
If you did them, then i am sorry.

#170 jupjup4ever

jupjup4ever

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

1. Make sure the mod itself isn't in another folder (the mod when you download it comes in another folder)
2. Redownload the mod
not clear either you have done these steps already
If you did them, then i am sorry.

yea i have already tried all of that, it is a little further up on the fourms,

unless some 1 has a different suggestion, i guess i wont be playing, or will have to wait for a later version to come out that might fix my issue.

#171 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

@jupjup4ever:

A new version wouldn't fix it because the current one works just fine.

Be sure u really followed the instructions carefully.

A checklist (again + explanation)

1. Make sure you have the latest SoaSe Version

2. Make sure the mod is in the latest versions mod folder

2. Make sure u extracted the right folder.

-> Look into the SotP Mod folder. If there is just one another folder u should move that one into the SoaSe Mod Folder.

3. Make sure u replaced the enabledmod.txt or modified it the right way.

4. If all that fails please redownload the mod

-> Often moddb corrupts a download. This has been happen very often and is something we cannot do anything about it.

Seriously check all those carefully. The mod is fully functional and happen to work for 90% of our fans. The other 10% just missed something in the installation process like explained above.

I'm sorry if I'm out of friendly words on those matters but I have to deal the same exact thing over and over at my Job (IT-Admin)

We just want to help you to enjoy this little gem.

These above are the most common faults and work if your SoaSe installation isn't completely messed up and you followed the instructions step by step.

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#172 Killerclan117

Killerclan117

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

@jupjup4ever:

A new version wouldn't fix it because the current one works just fine.

Be sure u really followed the instructions carefully.

A checklist (again + explanation)

-> Look into the SotP Mod folder. If there is just one another folder u should move that one into the SoaSe Mod Folder.

-> Often moddb corrupts a download. This has been happen very often and is something we cannot do anything about it.

Seriously check all those carefully. The mod is fully functional and happen to work for 90% of our fans. The other 10% just missed something in the installation process like explained above.

I'm sorry if I'm out of friendly words on those matters but I have to deal the same exact thing over and over at my Job (IT-Admin)

We just want to help you to enjoy this little gem.

These above are the most common faults and work if your SoaSe installation isn't completely messed up and you followed the instructions step by step.

Sorry to jump in on this too but I am having the game crash when loading into the game.

Double checked and it is the latest Rebellion version. Even did a re install and verified. Works just fine with no mod. Even loads into the main menu of the game with the mod just fine, it's just when I actually start up  a game it hits a crash dump.

Latest version (0.56.1)

Mod load fine to menu so the path is fine. %local user%\Documents\my games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82

Again, Loads fine into menus. Tried both the enablemods provided and making my own. It is enabled and working within the mods section of the game. Have disabled and enabled the game from there too. No dice.

Done this 4 times on 4 different mirrors. All the same issue. Also doesn't work on a friends PC, Same exact problem. Im running windows 8.1 and he is running 7. We have both tired multiplayer and singleplayer. Nothing. His downloads don't work either. Any suggestions?

#173 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Sorry to jump in on this too but I am having the game crash when loading into the game.

Double checked and it is the latest Rebellion version. Even did a re install and verified. Works just fine with no mod. Even loads into the main menu of the game with the mod just fine, it's just when I actually start up  a game it hits a crash dump.

Latest version (0.56.1)

Mod load fine to menu so the path is fine. %local user%\Documents\my games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion v1.82

Again, Loads fine into menus. Tried both the enablemods provided and making my own. It is enabled and working within the mods section of the game. Have disabled and enabled the game from there too. No dice.

Done this 4 times on 4 different mirrors. All the same issue. Also doesn't work on a friends PC, Same exact problem. Im running windows 8.1 and he is running 7. We have both tired multiplayer and singleplayer. Nothing. His downloads don't work either. Any suggestions?

TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
enabledModName "SotP Alpha v_0_56_1"

Is that what you have in there? You have to have the underscored one, not SotP Alpha v.0.56.1. You should not have this:
TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
enabledModName "SotP Alpha v.0.56.1"

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#174 Killerclan117

Killerclan117

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1

Is that what you have in there? You have to have the underscored one, not SotP Alpha v.0.56.1. You should not have this:
TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
enabledModName "SotP Alpha v.0.56.1"

"
TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
"
Word for word what I have

#175 Killerclan117

Killerclan117

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

"
TXT
Version 0
enabledModNameCount 1
"
Word for word what I have

Just downloaded it from nexus mod too. Loads into mod menu just fine and crashes just like before

#176 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:57 PM

What map are you trying to play?

#177 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

Look into your mod folder.

Click on SotP folder.

Verify that mod data files are on this level and not in ANOTHER SotP folder.

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#178 Killerclan117

Killerclan117

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

What map are you trying to play?

Look into your mod folder.

Click on SotP folder.

Verify that mod data files are on this level and not in ANOTHER SotP folder.

Ok, fixed the issue but will post what I did here just in case it helps everyone else. I tired EVERYTHING I could think of to get this to work. I know all the paths were working because it loaded the Cutscene just fine and the menu animations. This is what worked for me. Without changing anything mod related, I turned down the graphics settings to lowest possible. Loaded up the game works just fine. Switch in game to max settings. Still fine. Quit and reload on max settings? Crash. Start game with max settings, also crash. Same thing on both the Win 7 PC and the Win 8.1 PC. I have no idea why this might be. Might be some of my monitoring software on the pc interacting weirdly with the game but this doesn't happen with the normal game or any other mods. No idea if this will work for others but this is what worked for me.

I wanted to thank all of you that tried to help me also. I understand you get these kind of questions a lot and I thank you for trying to help me sort this issue out.

#179 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

For the record, you should never have your graphics settings for planet, ship, and structure detail set to "highest", 99% of the time you will crash within 10 minutes due to the game being unable to handle the level of detail. Having these settings on "high" is perfectly fine and recommended if your computer can handle it, which it should

#180 Evan

Evan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

ummm how do you disable it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users