#121 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

He is right Kheva.... Those designations go with the name given to the vehicle or piece of hardware. Think "M1A2 Abrams" or the "M2A3 Bradley" you have the model number first followed by the vehicle name. The same can be seen with in the UNSC. For example, the M808 Scorpion and  the M850 Grizzly. The same rule applies to strikecraft/interceptors. Again, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Fighting Falcon, Su-35 Flanker-E... For Halo you have the YSS-1000 Sabre, the GA-TL1 Longsword, B-65 Shortsword, and F-41 Broadsword. That is how human militaries and the UNSC both identify their equipment. They give it a model number so it can easily be cataloged and then give it a name for easy identification by their soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

Nope, I appreciate the effort but don't even start. We wait for the majestic Unikraken or the charismatic Canadaman.

The subject is now changed.

So, what do you guys think of the main page?
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#122 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Christ almighty. Why are you even discussing about this? I already said I'm going to review every single page of the wiki and post every single damned mistake I'll find and, with the help of Emberblaque/any true English speaker, I will edit them and correct them. That's the only useful thing I can do for the mod right now.

Sure, there are errors. But if someone is so bitchy to not play a mod just because the wiki isn't perfect...well, that's not a great loss, is it?

So, what do you guys think of the main page?

Do you mean the main page or the UNSC main page?

P.S. Forerunner Remnant: They are the remnants of the Forerunners.

No shit, Sherlock Holmes.

• Defender0 and KhevaKins like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#123 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

I have to ask this. Do we really need the big part about the history and lore behind the unit? 

We aren't the Halo Wiki or Halopedia.

The point of the wiki is to give information of units in the mod and how they work, not give general background information behind every unit.

#124 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I have to ask this. Do we really need the big part about the history and lore behind the unit? 
We aren't the Halo Wiki or Halopedia.
The point of the wiki is to give information of units in the mod and how they work, not give general background information behind every unit.

Then what about the non canon ships and things? And then if we just do those the rest of the pages will look strange?
Spoiler

#125 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Then what about the non canon ships and things? And then if we just do those the rest of the pages will look strange?

Simple we make a single sentence stating that these ships are non cannon.

Flavor text is fine but we don't need paragraphs detailing past, present, and future of the unit.

Or at least it's secondary till we nail down everything else. I still need to draw up numbers for experience values you know? As well as bring up all the stuff for the Covenant.

• Defender0 likes this

#126 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

But it is already in. If all the grammar editing is slowing you down don't do it. Just concentrate on getting the experience values (can get them from the game info file) and doing the tactical part. Leave the other editing for the plebeians.

Spoiler

#127 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

"The ship is outclassed by its counterpart the Paris-class heavy frigate and should be replaced as soon as those become available." -> Charon.

The fact that it's outclassed is already stated in the description: "[...]these ships will be killed in one shot by most ships and is severely outclassed by its bigger brother, the Paris-class heavy frigate. " I think this also needs to be changed, because the subject is plural in the beginning but becomes singular in the end. Solutions are:

1-this ship will be killed in one shot by most ships and is severely outclassed by its bigger brother, the Paris-class heavy frigate.

2-these ships will be killed in one shot by most ships and are severely outclassed by their bigger brother, the Paris-class heavy frigate.

Also, Killed->Destroyed

For the conclusion, I'd suggest to recap the phrase: "These ships should be replaced as soon as the Paris-class becomes available."

• sloosecannon likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#128 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Keep the subject singular because the class of ship itself is what you are talking about there by making the sentence singular.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#129 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

The majestic and charismatic Emberblaque is here.

Zero and m468 are right about the vehicle naming, Kheva. If there's any confusion on titles again, use the Halopedia naming conventions. You can include redirects for the pages for the colloquial names.

I don't know how others feel but I don't care about copying and pasting certain relevant and well-written sections of the existing wikis if there are no legal issues. Color me dishonorable.

Also, it's a wiki, all the mistakes will be cleared up eventually. Pray no vandals emerge. No one be a dick in the grass.

• CanadaMan7, Zero, KhevaKins and 2 others like this

#130 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

The majestic and charismatic Emberblaque is here.

If there's any confusion on titles again, use the Halopedia naming conventions. You can include redirects for the pages for the colloquial names.

Majestic and charismatic :).

Also what names do you want, halopedia refers to both craft by multiple name. Please just post the name here and they'll get changed.

Spoiler

#131 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

What vehicles? I'll get you the names.
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#132 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

The article names, not the exhaustive names at the beginning of the bodies of the articles. Like "YSS-1000 Sabre," not, "YSS-1000 Prototype Anti-Ship Spaceplane," and not, "Sabre."

• Unikraken and Zero like this

#133 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

The article names, not the exhaustive names at the beginning of the bodies of the articles. Like "YSS-1000 Sabre," not, "YSS-1000 Prototype Anti-Ship Spaceplane," and not, "Sabre."

Article headers it is. That also means the Longsword is 'GA-TL1 Longsword' as per the directive from Ember.

Spoiler

#134 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

No more forum member wiki pages. That is what your user page is for. Also deleting mine and Canada's, made by someone else, to remove any doubt about this.

• Emberblaque, sloosecannon, Despoiler25 and 2 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#135 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

No more forum member wiki pages. That is what your user page is for. Also deleting mine and Canada's, made by someone else, to remove any doubt about this.

I have been compiling a list of contributors (Waseem, Annihilater, etc.) who aren't all that active on the forum. I've spoken to them and they'd like to have a page to show their help on the mod. It was something I was going to implement well down the line and something that was going to be done right this time, rather then just having random pages all over the place. I think it is important to show the hard work people have done for the mod and maybe get their names out there more. Can this still be done? I'm not saying now but eventually.

Spoiler

#136 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Wiki's not the place for that. They can be recognized in other ways. Hell, we can write a post on ModDB containing details about all the team members eventually if they, or anyone else, want to.

Wiki's so low traffic anyhow I don't see why they'd care.

I appreciate your good intentions.

• Unikraken likes this

#137 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Also, like uni said - you can still do it, just make it the user page. Like I did: http://sotp.wikia.co...er:Sloosecannon
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#138 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Didn't realize you could edit other users' pages. Also, do they have accounts?

#139 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

The name on the infocard should be identical to the in-game name, regardless of the rest of the nomenclature... just sayin'

And the description...

#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#140 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

The name on the infocard should be identical to the in-game name, regardless of the rest of the nomenclature... just sayin'

And the description...

Description was ripped from the ingame infocards however isn't the strings being updated to match the wiki instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users