• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#41 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Been putting off saying this for days but if that's your stance Uni; I'll just say 'Wail of the Sacrificed' is possibly a decent candidate. Perhaps something along those lines when the time comes.
  • Unikraken likes this

#42 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Would it be possible to use the Halo installations as the Forerunner starbase? Have them use an AOE attack like the Advent starbase does? I was just thinking about how the Master Builder test fired the Halos on Charam Hakkor as well as the San Shyuum system, and it didn't affect the surrounding star systems or planets.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#43 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Would it be possible to use the Halo installations as the Forerunner starbase? Have them use an AOE attack like the Advent starbase does? I was just thinking about how the Master Builder test fired the Halos on Charam Hakkor as well as the San Shyuum system, and it didn't affect the surrounding star systems or planets.

Sounds very OP, but ultimately cool. Have them be UBER expensive.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#44 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

LOL ummmmmmmm i dont think the forerunners would ever need that kind of OP

#45 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Obviously not something strong enough to clear an entire gravity well, but given the forerunners level of tech, it's not entirely unreasonable that they would have something capable of dealing with a large amount of ships at one time. And aren't the forerunners already super OP? What harm could a deadly super weapon do?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#46 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Obviously not something strong enough to clear an entire gravity well, but given the forerunners level of tech, it's not entirely unreasonable that they would have something capable of dealing with a large amount of ships at one time. And aren't the forerunners already super OP? What harm could a deadly super weapon do?

one forerunner capital ship can destroy a species...

and thats just from PTSD alone

#47 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Throw what hope of a balance there is out of the window of a skyscraper....

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#48 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

one forerunner capital ship can destroy a species...

and thats just from PTSD alone

Fair enough. Going slightly off-topic, how are you going to balance the Forrunner capital ships when you get the first one for free in Quick-Start?

#49 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

We have our ways.... and they are classified code word only by ONI....

Spoiler

#50 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Fair enough. Going slightly off-topic, how are you going to balance the Forrunner capital ships when you get the first one for free in Quick-Start?

very carefully (this is coming from the forerunner dev btw)

• Metanator likes this

#51 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

very carefully (this is coming from the forerunner dev btw)

Heh, I'd imagine so. Don't wanna be UNSC and have some god-powerful keyship jumping into my system in an early rush!

#52 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Don't worry they will be fully tested. You have no idea how much testing has gone into the UNSC and Covenant balance. We will make sure that the Forunners will be balenced that being said all three factions will have very distinct play styles.
Spoiler

#53 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

on the play styles I am not of any use at the moment due to my play style which suites the forerunners.

i can't play the covenant or the UNSC very effectively unfortunately

UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Heh, I'd imagine so. Don't wanna be UNSC and have some god-powerful keyship jumping into my system in an early rush!

Keyship? Not even scary lol. Not compared to... it.

• Defender0 likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#55 spartan-G257

spartan-G257

Gamma Company Recruit

• Contributor
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

you mean the centurion right that thing makes me drool... it is just really really overpowered

UNSC been beating the covies since 2525
Closed Beta Testing HHF
Hail the Commonwealth of Nations and long live the Queen
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Depends what you mean by overpowered.

Overpowered as in the balance is broke or just in comparison to other units as a large scaler.

The latter is what you're going for. If it's the former, well I'll break the thing so much that I'll make sure that Defender scales it down. 

#57 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ok enough on the balence we don't want to give to much away.........
Spoiler

#58 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Honestly. I swear if I see one more person ironically underdescribe the Forerunners' potency as a faction, I'm gonna shoot up the place. We get it: they're powerful, we do not understand how powerful they are because we have not played them, and when we play them, we will be taken aback by how powerful they are. Broken fucking records. There's vinyl everywhere.

• SternuS likes this

#59 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Honestly. I swear if I see one more person ironically underdescribe the Forerunners' potency as a faction, I'm gonna shoot up the place. We get it: they're powerful, we do not understand how powerful they are because we have not played them, and when we play them, we will be taken aback by how powerful they are. Broken fucking records. There's vinyl everywhere.

the vinyl would survive?

#60 Emberblaque

Emberblaque

Commander

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationThonotosassa, FL

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

the vinyl would survive?

The vinyl would survive what? What are you asking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users