• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#81 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

I can only guess, if they wanted to throw in a few twists for the sake of the plot they could have some flood spores that survived Sharpened Shield's destruction (I know, no very original ala Aliens) that could have latched onto the SOF's hull or even worse- over the long voyage back home managed to take over the ship, corrupt Serina and consume most if not all of the dormant crew.

Come to think of it, dosen't the SOF's general sublight heading violate the Cole Protocol if they ever crossed paths the other covenant ships they would be unable to escape on a random vector so if serina managed to erase all sensitve info and herself wouldnt that leave the crew at the mercy of any would be aggressors?

I dont think the flood would have came abored, if anything could have, perhaps a group of spec ops sangheli made it. Then murdered everyone in there sleep. Not a cheery idea, but possible.

#82 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

I dont think the flood would have came abored, if anything could have, perhaps a group of spec ops sangheli made it. Then murdered everyone in there sleep. Not a cheery idea, but possible.

Makes more sense that the insurrection have hired senghelli mercs to capture the spartans onboard for their own use.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#83 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Makes more sense that the insurrection have hired senghelli mercs to capture the spartans onboard for their own use.

Perhaps a rampant 30 year old Serina did the job for them.

#84 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Posting this here to prove I know my shit. I called the SoF being in a comic last year.

Time to crush some dreams...

Frank O'Connor, the current Franchise Development Director for 343i and former Bungie employee, was super pissed that Microsoft forced Halo Wars on them. The engine was designed and a whole universe existed on the game before it was turned into Halo Wars. Frank controls the Halo franchise now. The storyline for Halo Wars is completely disconnected from the rest of the Halo universe, probably deliberately from the beginning, in that Halo can go on without a conclusion for it. It's unlikely he's going to do anything with the Spirit of Fire given how opposed he was to it existing at all. It may eventually get resolved in a comic book or some other small media, when they're not pushing stuff out to support a current game, but I very seriously doubt it.

So now for my next prediction:

SoF is important to 343 now because of one thing: Spartan II's that are sitting pretty on ice. They're listening to the fan base demanding more SII's in Halo 5. I would guess that Cutter will die in the comic, along with the SoF. Given the whole theme of Halo 4 is that the UNSC has moved on without S-117 and has created an entire army of new Spartans, it's unlikely they're using Chief to his full potential. I would guess the surviving SII's are being used to clear out remaining pockets of loyalist Covies on glassed worlds. Pretty sure the trailer takes place on Reach.

• Bornstellaris, D4RKST0RM99 and Lord Stark like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#85 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

I can only guess, if they wanted to throw in a few twists for the sake of the plot they could have some flood spores that survived Sharpened Shield's destruction (I know, no very original ala Aliens) that could have latched onto the SOF's hull or even worse- over the long voyage back home managed to take over the ship, corrupt Serina and consume most if not all of the dormant crew.

Come to think of it, dosen't the SOF's general sublight heading violate the Cole Protocol if they ever crossed paths the other covenant ships they would be unable to escape on a random vector so if serina managed to erase all sensitve info and herself wouldnt that leave the crew at the mercy of any would be aggressors?

Serina could just vent atmosphere and kill anything on board. Or, she could self destruct the Spirit of Fire.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#86 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Serina could just vent atmosphere and kill anything on board. Or, she could self destruct the Spirit of Fire.

Sangheli rangers have space suits plus the self destruct wont work because the SOF is covered in plot armor. :lol:

#87 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

Posting this here to prove I know my shit. I called the SoF being in a comic last year.

So now for my next prediction:

SoF is important to 343 now because of one thing: Spartan II's that are sitting pretty on ice. They're listening to the fan base demanding more SII's in Halo 5. I would guess that Cutter will die in the comic, along with the SoF. Given the whole theme of Halo 4 is that the UNSC has moved on without S-117 and has created an entire army of new Spartans, it's unlikely they're using Chief to his full potential. I would guess the surviving SII's are being used to clear out remaining pockets of loyalist Covies on glassed worlds. Pretty sure the trailer takes place on Reach.

That and they're probably going to bring up the Anders-Halsey rivalry.  I mean Henry Glassman proved to be pretty damned incompetent compared to Anders and Halsey and he seems to be the best scientist (or one of the best) ones they have.  Who better to try and interpret the Janus Key than Anders?

#88 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Anders involved in the rest of the Halo media.

This, this needs to happen. And with all the references and appearances they have been making I think there is a good possibility if infact that is the SoF.

• Lord Stark likes this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#89 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

Been waiting for her return ever since she was mentioned in Halsey's Journal in Halo: Reach's super duper edition.

#90 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

I actually have that version, I went to buy Reach when it came out, but the special edition costed as much as the normal one so I came home with that, still haven't got around to reading it...

Posted Image

#91 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I actually have that version, I went to buy Reach when it came out, but the special edition costed as much as the normal one so I came home with that, still haven't got around to reading it...

What kind of Halo fan are you?! I read the thing before I even turned on the game!

• sloosecannon, D4RKST0RM99 and SPECTRE like this

#92 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

What kind of Halo fan are you?! I read the thing before I even turned on the game!

Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!Heretic! Heretic! Heretic! <hundreds of thousands join in chant>

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#93 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

hundreds and thousands join in chant.

??

5OE2dVX.jpg

• Moustachio86 and SPECTRE like this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#94 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

LMAO, goes double for me, Halsey had her finger in almost every research pie, it even gave notes on the power armor from Legends: Prototype's HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL.

Spoiler

Shame their is no room in the MOD for this beauty, unless it was some sort of planetary ability that only works if your world is about to be overrun.

#95 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

I'm sorry!!! :-'( I'll read it ASAP!

Posted Image

#96 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

YOU MAKE ME SICK!

#97 ShadowOfIntent

ShadowOfIntent

The Master Janitor

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationYou don't feel the breathing on your neck?

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Don't give in Fox, trust your instincts!
Spoiler

#98 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

YOU MAKE ME SICK!

You can have a bucket

Posted Image

#99 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

LMAO, goes double for me, Halsey had her finger in almost every research pie, it even gave notes on the power armor from Legends: Prototype's HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL.

Spoiler

Shame their is no room in the MOD for this beauty, unless it was some sort of planetary ability that only works if your world is about to be overrun.

I prefer this to that mantis shit.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#100 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

I prefer this to that mantis shit.

I am continuously amazed at how bad your opinions can get.

• MrChipps and Bornstellaris like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users